THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

hmm , are these animal print air max 1 releasing on air max day hyped up ? i badly want a pair of them

Hypothetical:

You buy mint ds 1999 og mesh og red and obsidians. Still factory laced. Just gorgeous. Do you keep them ds as collectibles or do you wear them, inevitably have the midsoles crumble, and then swap them out and continue wearing them?

I'm torn on it. They make for some sick collectibles but I wear my ****. But then I have the 2017 version to wear, why do I need to wear the 1999?

What would you do?

I'm not in the exact same situation as you as i don't own retros of my 1991 BW leathers (they never released that's why), but I can guarantee you that i'll wear to death my '91 after soleswaping them, soon or late.
I see vintage AMs like an opportunity to have better AMs than the currents, because they are the OGs, the shape, the comfort of the upper (having tried on vintage BWs and 95s and current BWs and 95s, i can guarantee that there a difference with the upper's comfort, more padding,the shape follows the foot's shape, remember that the OGs were running shoes),etc BUT they need to be functionnal, so a soleswap is necessary
I don't buy vintage for display, it is for me a waste of money...imo

I'm not in the exact same situation as you as i don't own retros of my 1991 BW leathers (they never released that's why), but I can guarantee you that i'll wear to death my '91 after soleswaping them, soon or late.
I see vintage AMs like an opportunity to have better AMs than the currents, because they are the OGs, the shape, the comfort of the upper (having tried on vintage BWs and 95s and current BWs and 95s, i can guarantee that there a difference with the upper's comfort, more padding,the shape follows the foot's shape, remember that the OGs were running shoes),etc BUT they need to be functionnal, so a soleswap is necessary
I don't buy vintage for display, it is for me a waste of money...imo
Ugh I agree so much with what you're saying. Honestly my biggest issue is cutting up a ds pair from 1999 and swapping it. It's like buying a Picasso and then making edits to it. It would hurt my soul.

Ugh I agree so much with what you're saying. Honestly my biggest issue is cutting up a ds pair from 1999 and swapping it. It's like buying a Picasso and then making edits to it. It would hurt my soul.

you're right, that's why on my '91 BW, i will soleswap it so that there is not a single difference between the OG and the final product (bubble's color, outsole, etc will be exactly the same), i won't really see the difference, apart from a 50% tinier bubble and no forefoot air bubble lol, but with my 95s i will take more liberty as they will become beaters

but again, you're right; maybe the main difference between us is that i buy no more current releases (only pre-2000) and that my '91 BW's sole is already crumbling lol
that would explain the differences in our reasoning

you're right, that's why on my '91 BW, i will soleswap it so that there is not a single difference between the OG and the final product (bubble's color, outsole, etc will be exactly the same), i won't really see the difference, apart from a 50% tinier bubble and no forefoot air bubble lol, but with my 95s i will take more liberty as they will become beaters

but again, you're right; maybe the main difference between us is that i buy no more current releases (only pre-2000) and that my '91 BW's sole is already crumbling lol
that would explain the differences in our reasoning
Ahh yea, we're very different there. I buy new and old. I don't discriminate. If all you buy is old then you have no choice but to swap. I really really really want to swap and wear them but I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it. It's like buying a ds 57 Corvette and then ripping the engine out of it. :smh: But if the engine doesn't work, you have to swap it out right? Ugh.

Continuing the car analogy, personally, I don't like it when cars spend their lives hermetically sealed in a garage or on a trailer, so I'd be driving it. I'm not a museum. Same would apply to a shoe. If you intend on driving/wearing it, you gotta do what you gotta do. You'd be replacing the tires/replacing the rotted out rubber. Plus, it stops being like a car because it's not like it has to be a numbers matching shoe. It's not like you're making a hybrid monstrosity out of it either.

Maybe my stance would be different if it was a shoe I had since the beginning. But even when I was younger I was never one to leave things in boxes.

There's no wrong answer though, because I can totally see them as display/conversation pieces too.

Capture.JPG thjhjhig.JPG vcxbx.JPG cvbg.JPG vcnb,.JPG

That's crazy that Nike really allowed a reseller to make his own Nike's and then resell them for astronomical prices.
I doubt they are allowing it. He doesn't even have a Nike account. They can't threaten him with cancelling his account. I'm sure he already has his allotment for the release. This is why Nike should have NEVER allowed him to even be in the vote.

i really dislike popping sneakers
i dislike most of non-OG cws
i dislike the hype
but these are kinda growing on me...the red really pops on the black and animal print...

I'll fight the first person that defends this clown.

whenever i look for pics of vintage OG AMs, i often come accross some threads like on niketalk,with posts from the 2000s
i am really new on this "sneakerhead"/sneakers/AMs -call it how you want- game, but its hard to not see that the mentality has changed a lot

Its a bit late but... Nike still can do a nice move :smile:, Make the wotherboufonspoon pair as a GR, not a anniversary GR but like ultra 2.0 am GR... and do a restock after :smile:

Back
Top Bottom