THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Happy Air Max Day
Sean Wotherspoon 2.JPG

I’m ok with taking an L on this one since that needs to be assumed with every Nike SNKRS Draw. But if I can’t get my 4 year old boy his 10c when they drop I’m going to be heated.

nike’s main focal point of air max day was the 270s though which i’d be willing to bet was more than a success.
That was 100% the marketing plan. Hype a limited shoe people love, while at the same time bringing in a new model. When customers come up empty handed on the 97/1's, they buy the 270. Don't get me wrong, I love the 270, but that was definitely the plan of Nike all along.

That was 100% the marketing plan. Hype a limited shoe people love, while at the same time bringing in a new model. When customers come up empty handed on the 97/1's, they buy the 270. Don't get me wrong, I love the 270, but that was definitely the plan of Nike all along.

yea i bought the white volts from the euro release a little while back and they just popped up on snkr stash

but my friends who aren’t even into sneakers really all copped a pair of 270s. i’d say at least 4 did while 2 more waiting on a color

absolutely right, and this is nothing new. we've been seeing this for years since nike revamped their hype game. 2 years ago, the consolation buy was those awful 3.26 ultra garbage. last year it was the awful berries and whatever else generic "new shape" they churned out. unfortunately, we as a collective are a part of the problem. so the wheel continues to turn.

tenor.gif

Haven't felt this much hurt from taking all these L's. I don't wanna pay resell but I really liked these sw. I think i''ll hold out and hope the prices dip

Came up empty like most. Last shot was Blends Larchmont. The first dude that won didn't. The employee said multiple times to put your wristband on. He walked up with it not on. He got nexted. And last dude yelling "I cooked. It's lit.", when his mom won a sz4.5. At least I got a laugh out of it.

yall complain that shoes are hard to get but also complain when shoes are too available? nikes revenue is down for Q3 and they've mentioned that they're slowing down distribution.

A solution to this would be to open up a pre-order a couple of months prior to release. Allow a certain time frame for people to place their order and also make x numbers of pairs available on release day. This would, at least, allow people that want the shoe to get them and for the people that were on the fence and didn't do a pre-order, they would just deal with the release day process. I believe adidas did this with the Yeezy Wave runners.

not really sure where to post this but since HQ trivia and Nike have partnered today for Air Max Day, HQ is giving away air maxes to the winners tonight (pic below). for those that dont know HQ is a trivia app where the winners win money. Would be cool if we all helped each other to win. I have a discord where we talk about shoes and stuff and play HQ too, idk if im allowed to post the link in here but lmk

heres a pic of the shoebox, its probably SW 97/1s

Image_uploaded_from_iOS_1.jpg

not really sure where to post this but since HQ trivia and Nike have partnered today for Air Max Day, HQ is giving away air maxes to the winners tonight (pic below). for those that dont know HQ is a trivia app where the winners win money. Would be cool if we all helped each other to win. I have a discord where we talk about shoes and stuff and play HQ too, idk if im allowed to post the link in here but lmk

heres a pic of the shoebox, its probably SW 97/1s

Image_uploaded_from_iOS_1.jpg

hq trivia is so hard lol easier to get SW today for retail

A solution to this would be to open up a pre-order a couple of months prior to release. Allow a certain time frame for people to place their order and also make x numbers of pairs available on release day. This would, at least, allow people that want the shoe to get them and for the people that were on the fence and didn't do a pre-order, they would just deal with the release day process. I believe adidas did this with the Yeezy Wave runners.
Problem is that most people want them for resale.

Back
Top Bottom