THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Finally caved and bought the SW 1/97 off StockX, it is what it is.

Went .5 down based on reviews and what others have said, will report back once in hand!

Finally caved and bought the SW 1/97 off StockX, it is what it is.

Went .5 down based on reviews and what others have said, will report back once in hand!

same i gave in haha felt like prices werent gonna go under $500. same feeling i had before the off white collection blew up

Bred toes resell like $290 and Gold toes are about $250 so fair trade for the most part

I’m looking at my Bred Toes and I’m torn... I’m a size 13 so selling my shoes will be hard especially if I want to re-buy them later in the future.

Funny that they were 600 on WCS today and were sitting. As soon as they lowered them to 500 they sold out

I’m looking at my Bred Toes and I’m torn... I’m a size 13 so selling my shoes will be hard especially if I want to re-buy them later in the future.

I’m not gonna lie, I have the Bred toes and they look awesome on foot lol. However, Jordan brand is more likely to remake a popular colorway and any Limited Air Max, like the Atmos Elephant, took a long time to retro. So you’re more likely to get a Bred toe retro down the line than an SW retro

But on the other hand, bred toe are a more versatile shoe you can wear often. I’d feel like the SW are a special occasion type shoe

Finally got these in from ndc

IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5719.JPG
What do you think of the grey pair ? Shape and materials ? Keepers?

I was checking out youtube and came across the choices to vote for last year and started thinking...

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    527.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    870.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    668.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    618.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    891.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    869.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    879.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    906.1 KB · Views: 40
All of these designs are trash and compared to this Screenshot (14).png they all look like kids trying to do what professionals do without even trying. It mustve been a landslide.

The only other halfway interesting design is Screenshot (3).png but she tried way too hard and doesnt seem to quite 'get it'. This is what I expect to see out of someone who is an 'artist' because their husband makes enough money for them to be one. Not that I know this lady's story, thats just the impression i get. If she had a thorough eye for design she wouldve taken her style further and accentuated it with this sole ooke5x0rqeiazo6e1bde.jpg and not the common obvious use of the 90. It wouldve matched up well with that **** she has going on with the toe area. But all that going on with the heel is too much. Erase that or do something better with it.

Anyway, my point is the Neckbeards didnt need any edits. Its an effortless, unique and classic design right out of the gate.

I cant wait to see whats coming for next year's vote. Im not sure how these designs are chosen to vote for but Nike needs to do a better job with competition. The other guys last year clearly didnt stand a chance. The drop off is laughable.

Last edited:
Screenshot 4 and 5 were good too. I like how the tongue was turned backwards in 4 too many swooshes though.

My man even had the foresight to color the airbag a darker shade so that when it fogs up later down the road, it ends up matching the upper with the salmon. Designed to get better with wear indeed. He absolutely killed it designing this shoe.

Then there is the use of lines involved. He took the concept of the lines across the shoe and incorporated it further by adding corduroy and its contrasting lines zigzagging throughout.

From a designer's standpoint, the level of cryptic intricacy is amazing.

The designers at Nike probably hate this dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom