THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Seems like this line would work with these watermelons. I got mine in today and think they’re dope as hell. Also compared these to some of the other colorways I’ve gotten and quality seems to be a little better on the Melons. They fit more like the OG Red and Blue with similar mesh toebox IMO.

F03A4741-D140-485D-BFAA-5EDD36582DEA.png

Hey what's the name of the tee/shorts line?

I guess I shouldn’t have said molds, I meant more the designs. Seems like the 97/1 was the simplest for them to make.

Agreed. I'm not sure if the design I posted up there was the laceless MOC we've seen on the VM's or covered laces with the zipper seam, similar to the AM95 sneakerboot design.

As it's been said in this thread before, the SW's were a cheaper design to go with. Just wondering how this Air Max day would've went had those AM97/VM's been the winner

I guess I shouldn’t have said molds, I meant more the designs. Seems like the 97/1 was the simplest for them to make.
I mean the AM/VM overall concepts wasn’t too bad (except for that boot, don’t know what they were thinking there :lol:) Nike ended up using the design

I'm flying up to NYC tonight to do the On Air workshop tomorrow morning. @singledout has been helping me with a lot of ideas the last few days and I'm legit torn on what to make. Really down to 3 ideas but just torn. Not sure which would be best. @bigevan23 said the people there are super helpful so hopefully they can help give me some direction.

Yeah they're really helpful. I know I was torn between a few silhouettes and even just which idea to run with and they really helped me a lot with that. I will say though that the 3 hours fly by after the first half hour, I only wish I had more time. Even a few days later I've got ideas still coming to me about things I would have done differently.

Yeah they're really helpful. I know I was torn between a few silhouettes and even just which idea to run with and they really helped me a lot with that. I will say though that the 3 hours fly by after the first half hour, I only wish I had more time. Even a few days later I've got ideas still coming to me about things I would have done differently.
3E76FBC7-AFF6-492A-B2E7-DD4660D02A11.jpeg
The whole On Air experience was dope, wish I had more time because what was 3 hours was about only two to design your sneaker.
Did they give any idea of what they are looking for? Are they looking for broad subjects or very focused and specif ideas? Are they looking for best looking shoe or best story? Both? Help lol

Did they give any idea of what they are looking for? Are they looking for broad subjects or very focused and specif ideas? Are they looking for best looking shoe or best story? Both? Help lol
They're looking for best story and inspiration. They say they don't want anything cliche about NY. The sneaker needs to be heavily influenced by the inspiration of the city. It's something that needs to be unique and tells the story best. It's best to take printed out pictures to help you really tell your story.

They're looking for best story and inspiration. They say they don't want anything cliche about NY. The sneaker needs to be heavily influenced by the inspiration of the city. It's something that needs to be unique and tells the story best. It's best to take printed out pictures to help you really tell your story.
Damn that actually helps a lot. Sends me back to the drawing board.

I think they're looking for a combination of both. They want something that's inspired by NYC, but inspired in a personal way so that it's at least somewhat unique. Several of them told me my shoe was "super wearable" but I'm not really sure how much that matters completely. They really seemed focused on asking about inspiration throughout the whole process, and that's why everyone has to do an on camera pitch at the end. I think broad inspirations from the city are what caused problems for a lot of people, two girls in my session had an awkward moment at the end because they ended up doing the same exact thing on the same silhouette because they weren't too specific with their ideas.

I was so immersed working on the shoe itself that I actually forgot to print out some pictures, but I just ended up writing what I would have shown pictures of on the board. Felt like Virgil just writing things in quotes

I was so immersed working on the shoe itself that I actually forgot to print out some pictures, but I just ended up writing what I would have shown pictures of on the board. Felt like Virgil just writing things in quotes
Hey, I made the same mistake too. Leading up to my session, I was thinking in my mind different materials and details I want in my sneaker that I didn't think of printing out any pictures for reference, I think it just makes painting a picture much more easier to any of the judges.

Hey, I made the same mistake too. Leading up to my session, I was thinking in my mind different materials and details I want in my sneaker that I didn't think of printing out any pictures for reference, I think it just makes painting a picture much more easier to any of the judges.
So print out, dont just save on your phone?

Keep something in mind guys.

People that work in design are super critical about promptness and presentation. Its more than the shoe, you need to make an impression with the entire presentation. Print pics, and display them properly. The more respect you put into your presentation the more respect theyll have for you and your ideas. Show up with bs and theyll think the same.

Back
Top Bottom