THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Curious to see some On Air designs with the BW silhouette lol...i guess all of you guys that did it chose the AM1?

What are the silo/material options like at On Air?

I almost did an AM1, ended up doing a 97. Worked much better for my design.

There were ten silhouettes I believe, from AM1 up to VM. They were pretty serious about having no one doing any type of retooling like the 97 upper on the 1 sole, so you had to stick to the silhouette. I saw more 95s than I thought I would. Materials were really up to you, it's whatever you thought would work well. They had swatches of different leathers and textiles and such, and examples of things like embroidery and embossing.

kinda regret not applying now. can't wait to see what you guys come up with...not that it matters though since they won't be attainable next year anyways. :lol:

New York should be cake to draw inspiration from. The skyline and stuff like that seems like a tourist's take on NY.

When I think of stuff Id do for New Orleans Im thinking about New Orleans Jazz colors, pisol pete's floppy socks, the Saints, Katrina, World's Fair 84 and how trippy that was to a 2 year old big enough to be let in, the old red cable cars that ran along side the ms river bridge, Mardi Gras, voodoo, cafe du monde, fried seafood, the westbank, catholic school etc etc etc

I would take yall on a journey.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 if you need more inspiration, think about Harlem/uptown. Besides white AF1, we usually under represented uptown. I’m sure everyone else is doing cliche skyline sunsets or Brooklyn bridge or Statue of Liberty. Just a thought.
After working with the other guys, I think I'm set on what I'm going to do. Going to make a statement with it. Will help or hurt me, idk. Guess we'll see. I'm not from NYC so I don't know all the details of every neighborhood. It's more of a "what I see when I think of NYC" deal.

I almost did an AM1, ended up doing a 97. Worked much better for my design.

There were ten silhouettes I believe, from AM1 up to VM. They were pretty serious about having no one doing any type of retooling like the 97 upper on the 1 sole, so you had to stick to the silhouette. I saw more 95s than I thought I would. Materials were really up to you, it's whatever you thought would work well. They had swatches of different leathers and textiles and such, and examples of things like embroidery and embossing.
The no hybrids thing really takes away a lot of creativity. Id like to see a 95 on a am1 sole

Last edited:
E204EE12-A821-4E87-9AD8-E9C18E2BC734.jpeg
Air Max day releases finally arrived today. Super stoked on both but sw take the cake. As someone who’s collected am1 for almost a decade, never really felt the 97s. The materials and midsole barely make it feel like a 97 tho. Probably going to snag another pair before the price hike. That being said the animals are straight fire! Both are going to the feet as soon as possible.

do you have a link to see? thank you in advance

I don't have pics of BWs made at that event, but i go on IG (or on web browser: instagram.com/explore/tags/[insert tag here]) and search for tags like #nikeonair or #tyo_miniclass to see some designs...
Here the best looking i've found:

The author described it as an interpretation of Tokyo, with its flora, the asphalt, etc...looks like a good design but reminds me too much of the BRS
29403221_236394500261732_648600844073172992_n.jpg

An interpretation of the Shibuya Crossing:
29093605_1601659349949873_7445932162508914688_n.jpg

the crossing itself:
20160912033752_970791834_10042_9.jpg

For 2 good designs i've found at leats 40 trash designs with no inspiration...

If they had the event in Montreal, i would take a BW and inspired myself with the combination of the overwhelming place of the winter here and one of the most beautiful place in the city: a view from the Mont-Royal...combining the views of top of the Mont-Royal in winter and in fall and making a fade from fall to winter.... (winter+fall is easily 8 months here)
MontRoyal-hiver-Montreal5.jpg

mount-royal-park-parc-mont-royal-montreal-alan-copson--57c4f92d3df78cc16e0d9419.jpg

However Canada is always forgotten in such events :lol:

I got some dude thats willing to trade his DS 9.5 AM Atmos Elephant (07) for my SW size 9.5 or 10. Good trade on my end right? Im requesting tagged pixs so I can get a l/c.. will keep yall updated soon

Last edited:
I got some dude thats willing to trade his DS 9.5 AM Atmos Elephant (07) for my SW size 9.5 or 10. Good trade right on my end right? Im requesting tagged pixs so I can get a l/c.. will keep yall updated soon
You're winning on that one. Get it don't be quick once you get tagged pics

Pretty sure that’s just the stock pic though. Someone posted a pic from IG and they have the pinnacle shape.

Curious to see some On Air designs with the BW silhouette lol...i guess all of you guys that did it chose the AM1?
Nahhhh. I did see a lot of AM1, but a good amount of 95, 97, and VM plus. I did a 90 which really didn’t look that bad. Sean came around a lot to me, and said he really liked it, and so did a couple of the designers/mentors. I still doubt I’ll win, but it was a great experience

get i get a l/c on these 07 atmos? how do these fit btw? the 9.5 SW fits me fine but is it cause its runs .5 size big? im normally a 10 in Js, 10 in V2s, 9 in NMD PK, 9.5 in UB 1.0

Attachments

• IMG_8576.JPG
    IMG_8576.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8575.JPG
    IMG_8575.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8577.JPG
    IMG_8577.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8578.JPG
    IMG_8578.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 26
Received my SW from Nike. **#$ I got the wrong size and will need to size down. I got an 8. Now have to look for a 7.5 or even a 7. I have narrow feet.

Back
Top Bottom