THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Few shots of my first ever nikeIDs from last year. Older options with the denim. Went with a simple clean design as my first one. Quality of IDs are noticeably better than regular releases in my opinion. More padding all around the shoe making it a snug TTS at my size 10.5. WIll make more IDs for sure

Great work right there!

Your best bet is still European retail, IMO. People said the same about the Milans.

Very few people with the Milans got them from US sites, relatively speaking.

And, if they show up at boutiques or other online sites besides major chains, who's to say that those sites will sell them for US retail anyway.

By the time these hit the states all of us had ordered our Milan's from Europe, we thought it was a Europe only drop. And when they did hit the states, they were going for $110. And I think way more pairs of the mints will be put out than the Milan's.

Nothing wrong with paying a little more for insurance tho I guess
For me, I'm just gonna wait it out, if I don't cop, it's ok

Dope! I miss the shape of the AM1. Although I will say, My foot is somewhat more comfortable with the bigger toebox vs the original older shape.

Nice write up and end results. I'm afraid I would mess up my shoes though trying this. lol

I'd be afraid to ruin my shoe as well doing it this way. I've done this before with J's to take out creases though I've never put the iron directly to the shoe like this tutorial. If I were doing this I would do it with a damp towel between the shoe and iron instead of wetting the shoe itself and placing directly on it. Just my. 02.

Last edited:
By the time these hit the states all of us had ordered our Milan's from Europe, we thought it was a Europe only drop. And when they did hit the states, they were going for $110. And I think way more pairs of the mints will be put out than the Milan's.

Nothing wrong with paying a little more for insurance tho I guess
For me, I'm just gonna wait it out, if I don't cop, it's ok

Yeah, I think if it's a "take it or leave it" drop for you, waiting for US release is a sensible course of action. If they are gotta have status, then I recommend just going Euro.

For those waiting for US to cop, you are essentially making a $40 bet. Euro retail + ship is like 160 and change. US cost will be about 120. Meanwhile, resale is in the 200s. So, if you pass on Euro retail, but consider that your baseline, you roll the dice on US. If you come up a winner, you're $40 to the good. If you come up craps, you're $40-60 worse off if you still want to cop. It's up to each person to weigh the odds, the scenarios, and their personal desire for the shoe.

I feel like the "Yeezy" thirst will propel these in the US, so even if they are more widely released than the Milans, the increased demand will sort of mitigate that - unless they hit full GR-like numbers.

Yeah I hear you
I think my local shops gonna have them in the next 2 weeks
I was thinking I could walk in the day after they receive them and cop
Might have to rethink that strategy lol

Yeah, I think if it's a "take it or leave it" drop for you, waiting for US release is a sensible course of action. If they are gotta have status, then I recommend just going Euro.

For those waiting for US to cop, you are essentially making a $40 bet. Euro retail + ship is like 160 and change. US cost will be about 120. Meanwhile, resale is in the 200s. So, if you pass on Euro retail, but consider that your baseline, you roll the dice on US. If you come up a winner, you're $40 to the good. If you come up craps, you're $40-60 worse off if you still want to cop. It's up to each person to weigh the odds, the scenarios, and their personal desire for the shoe.

I feel like the "Yeezy" thirst will propel these in the US, so even if they are more widely released than the Milans, the increased demand will sort of mitigate that - unless they hit full GR-like numbers.
Agreed.

The YEEZY thirst will make these hard to cop in the US..

Same thing happened with the MINT Roshe FB's....

For me, I guess now the only option is to wait for the US release, since I have pretty much missed out on most of the Euro sites. A wide release in the US doesn't mean anything due to the hype from the "Yeezy" tag. Look at the roshes they were in abundance, but bought up within an hour of releasing at every site.

Does anyone know of any Euro sites that have yet to release the FB's? I think they started to come out the end of March, no? By now I think the ship has sailed.

Does anyone know of any Euro sites that have yet to release the FB's? I think they started to come out the end of March, no? By now I think the ship has sailed.

Pairs have been popping up on each site a few times a week. Multiple sizes too. Just today size? had multiple sizes up. They go super quick, but I mean they're still popping up. I am waiting for the US release though.

Size? gone...no desire to chase these like I did the Milans. Too hectic a time to stage an e-camp. Nike needs to just announce a US release date already.

my order at size? for FB says dispatched, dint got a e-mail or anything, does it mean it safe or they can still cancel/refund it later?

my order at size? for FB says dispatched, dint got a e-mail or anything, does it mean it safe or they can still cancel/refund it later?

Got mine shipping email too. I'm sure they cab be refunded but probably not cancelled at this point. Can't wait to get mine.

Just picked up the FBs at a local spot here in LA. I was not expecting to cop I was in the neighborhood so I stopped by and and saw an employee taking a pic of them and he said its for instagram and to go up for sale later. I was like wtf you guys got these in I been checking for a U.S. release date on these 24/7 and he said this is the second time the past week they stocked these. Hes like you can cop but keep it on the low until we post it.

Oh and it was $110 retail with tax it was like $125 sweet american dollars

Last edited:
Wow nice come up Bdot. Kind of worries me that a US shop is on their second run of these, selling for US retail, and we don't know anything about a US release yet. I wonder what the story is there. I hope they aren't just going to randomly pop up in shops here, I'm relying on an online purchase for the US release.

Edit: pics look great too! Nice little Tuesday night it looks like lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom