THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I think you are wasting your time looking out for me.

Words like “stop while you’re ahead” should not come out of your finger, you’re not a moderator, nor a cop.

And I am much disgusted by you “looking out for me” trolls.
And im disgusted by you racists thinking its ok to call minorities thugs.

With your I have twenty SNs bc JPS bullied me.

go wear some ultras

This last page..
983EC0B3-AFC7-402A-BACC-8EAFB16082E1.gif

the 95 is what made the air max line take off from my perspective back then (in L.A.) . not to say that its better or worse than others...but thats when i started to notice that others started to notice the "air max lineage" IMO of course.
on the east coast but i tend to agree. 90s and 95 were the staples. 97 for me was always an italy thing. its dope to get to know the international members on here to see how sneaker culture was like.

Does Germany go hard for dunks/AF1 at all?

that was deff the best all round selling AMs, the reason for that was because the BWs were the entry level of AM to get caused by its low price, peeps from the EU will know what i mean, you saw that shoe everywhere in the 90s

BW was first to be very widely worn as casual non-athletic shoe.

MAx 1 worn generally for sport and little bit of leisure/street - (and let's not forget the underrated max light which was similar) -
MAx 90- worn mainly for sport and increasingly more for leisure/street-
BW- mainly for leisure/street with a little bit for sport- these were a tough shoe!

As AMD said- they were everywhere- much more sightings in the 'real world' than previous air max

i dont dispute or debate any of the perspectives here. like JPS said...great to hear about what was going on in other parts of the world regarding sneaker "culture" in those days as it directly relates to when things took off. i dont know if the 95 was the first to have vis air in the forefoot, but that design and the grey/blk/volt colorway in itself is what really made the air max take off. i define (take off) by the awareness to the lineage and the amount of people that actually went out and grabbed a pair when they werent worried about them before. there were alot of different sneaker choices in L.A. and nike didnt really have a strangle hold on sneaker lifestyle back then. in southern california, brands like k swiss, vans, and converse chuck taylors were formidable. and...in spite of the heavy AM95 price tag at $150 i believe...? it sold very, very, well. somebody correct me if i'm wrong about that. the jordan 11 released around the same time and i can remember folks passing on the 11 to grab that air max 95.

Last edited:
Are there sw fakes floating around in ebay right now direct from China?

Yes but they are really bad right now, it’s easy to spot them. The colors are pale, the stitching is horrid, each color stripe is different (some are larger than other while others are vice versa), and it doesn't look like it's using the right materials.
Mini swoosh is too small and is the wrong color.

If the price is too good to be true it more than likely is a fake.

that was deff the best all round selling AMs, the reason for that was because the BWs were the entry level of AM to get caused by its low price, peeps from the EU will know what i mean, you saw that shoe everywhere in the 90s
I didn't know that. Very interesting. Honestly, BW's are probably my least favorite air max model

These fakes are so bad.. Look at the size of the pink "layer" :rofl:
s-l1600.jpg

One seller is listing them as A* replica... Blatant.
They didnt even attempt to zig zag the corduroy lol, just said F it, we're going straight across.

Why are these people's eyes for detail so bad?

You already know the lacetips arent right.

I just dont get it. Why go through the trouble of acquiring the materials and sewing/gluing the thing together, but you cant be bothered with the details. Its like washing your car but not rinsing off the soap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom