THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I hope he takes on an Air Max 1 at some point.
272.gif

To each their own. I happen to like them all.
I know, I know. Wrong thread, but I’m partial to Jordan 1s as well and love Virgil’s take.

7C559B08-08E2-4AAD-9F08-C34F3A806313.jpeg
If "virgils take" wasn't "Virgils take" and just done random custom from Joe snuffy, would you still like them?

Or...

If they made 1m pairs, would you still covet?

Last edited:
Im getting a strong urge to buy the 90/1 hybrids. To u guys that have em, how do u like em?

Honestly i might just get the anniversary reds instead and hope the laser blue hybrids drop in the future and ill get those too cuz those are the hybrids i really want

If "virgils take" wasn't "Virgils take" and just done random custom from Joe snuffy, would you still like them?

Or...

If they made 1m pairs, would you still covet?

Yes. If I sat around thinking of hypothetical scenarios all day, I’d drive myself nuts. I buy what I like and own a lot of GRs too.

Your question may be posed for any limited release and you’re fishing for the answer no I only like them because they’re limited. I think everyone has a certain appeal factor for owning something someone else doesn’t have be it a house, a car, rare coin, rare stamp, what have you. It being rare is what makes it coveted beyond a hobby, but I happen to like the design aesthetic as well.

Im getting a strong urge to buy the 90/1 hybrids. To u guys that have em, how do u like em?

Honestly i might just get the anniversary reds instead and hope the laser blue hybrids drop in the future and ill get those too cuz those are the hybrids i really want
I like them....

I'll agree Ronnie Fieg is more a marketing machine these days, but, if anything, I appreciate his colorways and packaging.

Virgil has a bachelors in Engineering, like me, and got a masters in architecture. This isn't someone who just woke up one day, browsed the internet, and decided to make t-shirts. Most of his products have the ethos of tech and functionality which tie into his educational background. Being someone with a similar educational background, I appreciate it and don't purchase for hypebeasty reasons alone.
lol Off-White is a joke in the fashion world

Yes. If I sat around thinking of hypothetical scenarios all day, I’d drive myself nuts. I buy what I like and own a lot of GRs too.

Your question may be posed for any limited release and you’re fishing for the answer no I only like them because they’re limited. I think everyone has a certain appeal factor for owning something someone else doesn’t have be it a house, a car, rare coin, rare stamp, what have you. It being rare is what makes it coveted beyond a hobby, but I happen to like the design aesthetic as well.
calmese

i'm not fishing for any answer. i just asked a simple question. and yes, you're right...the question i asked can be posed for any limited and/or collab release. but, thats exactly my point.

fwiw i think virgil does a decent job. but i also think if some random sneakerhead did what he did, before he did, those designs would be an afterthought. this, plus the fact that nike puts all enthusiasm and effort into the collabs and nothing into the GRs sucks

classic sneakers used to make themselves, now the collaboration and numbers make the classic. thats *** backwards to me.

but not a personal indictment on your level of taste or what you choose to purchase.

i want the sneaker lover and enthusiast to get the opportunities to influence sneaker culture. not these tastless bozos that are influencing now.

Back
Top Bottom