THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Here’s some more hybrids so that dudes that pay to get they’re soles swap could tell me how easy n non creative it is :nthat: #stophating you literally need to grab paint brushes and arts and crafts supplies to work on em. But nah they not creative at all

2A61C24C-616E-4DB6-85E2-7D2599D79AA1.jpeg
1364D44A-F781-4657-A87A-21524F0C2C98.png
E6EEA810-4598-4A21-8FBE-86B5B899EBB3.jpeg

Here’s some more hybrids so that dudes that pay to get they’re soles swap could tell me how easy n non creative it is :nthat: #stophating you literally need to grab paint brushes and arts and crafts supplies to work on em. But nah they not creative at all

2A61C24C-616E-4DB6-85E2-7D2599D79AA1.jpeg
1364D44A-F781-4657-A87A-21524F0C2C98.png
E6EEA810-4598-4A21-8FBE-86B5B899EBB3.jpeg
I would say it's more of a skill than being creative. The first people to do them were creative but Nike has been doing hybrids for 20+ years so these guys aren't being creative, they are biting off others. I respect their skill but they didnt come up with a new idea.

I would say it's more of a skill than being creative. The first people to do them were creative but Nike has been doing hybrids for 20+ years so these guys aren't being creative, they are biting off others. I respect their skill but they didnt come up with a new idea.
Nike was the first to make the hybrids of they’re own sneakers I get that but this is def creative its technically arts and crafts as well as you said skill also. I give respect where it is due and these sneaker restorers/ sole swappers definitely deserve that. That kashima antler 97 swap was more special to me because of the sneaker itself and was done proper imo. Jps opened up the can of worms with the whole new idea thing

Nike was the first to make the hybrids of they’re own sneakers I get that but this is def creative its technically arts and crafts as well as you said skill also. I give respect where it is due and these sneaker restorers/ sole swappers definitely deserve that. That kashima antler 97 swap was more special to me because of the sneaker itself and was done proper imo. Jps opened up the can of worms with the whole new idea thing
If I send him an am1 upper and pay him to put it on a Vapormax sole, who was creative? I came up with the idea. He just did the work. I drew up the plans to my house. Was the guy that nailed the boards together creative? Again, you're mixing up skill and creative. It's too different things. These guys are just copying ideas they've seen and using their skill to make it.

Viotech and Atmos Elephant are at the top of my list of AM1’s to get

Random but that sole swap just reminded me how much I wanted them

jaynev jaynev those grey/gums are a must

Black/gums I created on Nike iD and I can’t do a complete white shoe. Instant dirt magnet right there

Last edited:
If I send him an am1 upper and pay him to put it on a Vapormax sole, who was creative? I came up with the idea. He just did the work. I drew up the plans to my house. Was the guy that nailed the boards together creative? Again, you're mixing up skill and creative. It's too different things. These guys are just copying ideas they've seen and using their skill to make it.
He is if it was u the person who came up wit the idea and manifested it then you. Did you think a vapor max sole is plug and play. U must sand down a lot and prep properly. If a teacher tells my kid what to draw on a blank paper and my kid draws a masterpiece was that the teacher who was creative or the kid?

Viotech and Atmos are the top of my list of AM1’s to get

Random but that sole swap just reminded me how much I wanted them

jaynev jaynev those grey/gums are a must

Black/gums I created on Nike iD and I can’t do a complete white shoe. Instant dirt magnet right there
Viotechs are dope. I’m looking for a broken pair to restore / swap

upload_2018-8-9_10-51-12.png

weird how SNS shows the inside portion of the Work Blue AM1 for the thumbnail image... misleading.

Good choice! if I can give you one advice, only buy the pairs that you really love/like, the pairs that poke you in the eye, do not get influenced by others or what others buy, take only what you like a lot, there is no place for average pairs :wink:

Thank you. Yes, I know that’s good advice...I learned that lesson years ago, when i used to collect watches. I wasn’t anywhere near as discriminating as I should have been. Ended up with a lot of pieces I liked - but didn’t love - and the vast majority simply gathered dust, until I sold them. I should have made fewer purchases, only buying things I really loved, and would’ve worn a lot.

Though the average price point is lower, the same logic goes for shoes. I only have two feet. Buying sneakers I like - but don’t love - is going to leave me in the same sort of situation. So, I’m actively trying to avoid that. I only buy pairs I love AND can see myself wearing frequently. Those mini-swooshes definitely qualify.

That said...man, there are so many shoes I really like, which I wasn’t even aware of a few short weeks ago. It’s hard to be truly discriminating. But I’m trying. I appreciate your help, and that of the other NT folks.

Quote me once where I said they came up with the hybrid idea. I’ve been doing this sneaker thing a while I didn’t just hop on the wave. I’ve seen hybrids for days. What cannot be denied is that they dudes are beasts when it comes to making it happen. Otherwise everybody would be doing it and you would have not sent your Curry’s out to get redone
Agreed, they are very skilled. Not creative, but very skilled and I can respect that.

Back
Top Bottom