THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Teaches me for not keeping track of this thread the last few days - missed out on 10.5 on the footsites :smh:. Now it's NDC or bust. Want to make sure I can return 'em if I don't like 'em in-hand.

IG: @sgo8

Hello

I think you're a little disappointed because it's probably a "made in Indo" AM1, thay's why in your opinion in hands the shape isn't as good than the previous 2017/2018 pairs... However I find your pair nice anyway :wink: (honestly we saw worse, especially on made in indonesia pairs...)

otherwise as always nice review :emoji_ok_hand: (clear and effective! :nthat: )

PS: I say that but perhaps it's an made in china pair, i don't know... (but they look like an recent made in indo GR pair)

Last edited:
Somewhere end this month.
Thanks

On a somewhat related note. These clearly have a Air Max 1 vibe but it wasn't until now that these could possibly be seen by Nike as the big Air Max month release.
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-5.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-2.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-1.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-3.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-4.jpg

clearly a air max 1 vibe??? for me no... yes, it's red and white but it's all

it's not because a shoe is red and white that it necessarily a "air max one vibe"

it's just my opinion of course...

clearly a air max 1 vibe??? for me no... yes, it's red and white but it's all

it's not because a shoe is red and white that it necessarily a "air max one vibe"

it's just my opinion of course...

I respect your opinion that being said i can see the adaptations (integration of suede instead of EP), the colourway and blocking, removable white swoosh to reveal grey as well as the fact that tinker designed both and originally were released within a year of each other that Nike will push these as Air Max 1 tribute. I guess end of the month we'll see..

We'll see how Nike markets them. Release date (30th march), model (arguably one of Tinker's most classic designs of similar time period) and colourway none if these things I believe are a coincidence.

Purists on both sides may they are trash but this is what I believe Nike may be trying to evoke.

If I'm wrong im wrong.

Thanks

On a somewhat related note. These clearly have a Air Max 1 vibe but it wasn't until now that these could possibly be seen by Nike as the big Air Max month release.
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-5.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-2.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-1.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-3.jpg
air-jordan-3-tinker-CJ0939-100-white-university-red-neutral-grey-4.jpg

Agreed. Although these are hideous, they are TH 3s with OG red written all over it. Wouldn’t be caught dead with them on though. Smh. Same thing Nike is doing with the safari and LeBron pair, and Jordan 3 with atmos pair. Can’t wait to see some dumb low PG in viotech.

We'll see how Nike markets them. Release date (30th march), model (arguably one of Tinker's most classic designs of similar time period) and colourway none if these things I believe are a coincidence.

Purists on both sides may they are trash but this is what I believe Nike may be trying to evoke.

If I'm wrong im wrong.
You actually may be right.

I also just wanna say that I don't wanna come off as that guy that hammers their opinion down peoples throat as they believe they are right.

So if that's the impression i gave i apologise.
No need to apologize. You were right. I literally just got on Twitter and seen an article that stated that particular colorway drew inspiration from the Air Max 1.

Truly, solecollector and sneakernews are extremely misinformed about anything air max related.

Take anything they say with a handful of salt
Not only that but they’ll find any excuse to give sneakers nicknames for no reason. To them any shoe that is black/pink must be a yeezy cw same with a handful of other colors. The way they try to hype up some sneakers is just cringe inducing

lol @ being in denial about air max 1 similarities. Selective vision for sure. Red mudguard (hard to tell if it's suede or felt), grey details, red behind the tongue, red tongue logo, grey back tab with red nike air lettering, white midsole. It looks like an air max 1 colorway, nothing to get hurt about. **** does air max day or marketing matter, they just look like the air max 1s. I've certainly seen enough IDs made from the elephant print options that look enough like 3s.

lol @ being in denial about air max 1 similarities. Selective vision for sure. Red mudguard (hard to tell if it's suede or felt), grey details, red behind the tongue, red tongue logo, grey back tab with red nike air lettering, white midsole. It looks like an air max 1 colorway, nothing to get hurt about. **** does air max day or marketing matter, they just look like the air max 1s.

These are my sentiments exactly but I didn't want to offend more sensitive NT members.

Back
Top Bottom