THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Those seem a little banana toe-ish but they weren't for me anyway.

So there was no word on any retros this year? Atmos or otherwise?

I had to look up what LIG means. I will respond to whoever @ me or quotes me. You want me to "let it go"? Then people need to mind their business when something does not have anything to do with them and do not try to get my attention by being slick towards me. The more you poke a bear, the better chance the bear will maul you!
It's all good. Whatever course of action you take is def your biz. But of course you know this is NT...so people are gonna break out the popcorn and chime in, poke etc etc.

In addition, from my perspective, imo...and just imo (and I could be wrong)...you definitely tried to kill an ant with a sledgehammer. I don't think they were "coming for you" as hard as you perceived.

But either way, it's all good

Last edited:
I know one of you guys stated that nike making amd about giving "canceling am" was more about logistics than anything...

I agree 1000%

Nike wouldn't have done what they did to prepare for this amd last year just to cancel without warning.

This is definitely about not being ready to go to production or, not being able to come close to amd past in terms of hype.

You think they would have fed is the philanthropic stance of they had lightning in a bottle like last year with the neck beards? If they saved the parra collab for amd, it would still be crackin' and it would be a war in this thread rather than a few minor dust ups.

Plus, in protect terms, you don't cancel a day like that when you were prepping for it heavily just a year ago.

Imo

Struggling to think of an AM1 worse than those Tokyo’s.

Poop flies yo.
mq7slrnxi8va9vjiviak.jpg

Last edited:
I know one of you guys stated that nike making amd about giving "canceling am" was more about logistics than anything...

I agree 1000%

Nike wouldn't have done what they did to prepare for this amd last year just to cancel without warning.

This is definitely about not being ready to go to production or, not being able to come close to amd past in terms of hype.

You think they would have fed is the philanthropic stance of they had lightning in a bottle like last year with the neck beards? If they saved the parra collab for amd, it would still be crackin' and it would be a war in this thread rather than a few minor dust ups.

Plus, in protect terms, you don't cancel a day like that when you were prepping for it heavily just a year ago.

Imo

1000%.

Fresh Air is a reactive PR initiative to supply/production issues.

I’ve helped create a number of them for other brands to recognize one when I see one. It’s very much something that was cooked up in less than 3-4 weeks.

What I’m more surprised about is the lack of a Patta collab or a new collab with someone like Kith, etc. Even if all they did was that on 3/26, the month would’ve been a success and the story is easy (10 year anniversary of the collab, 15 year anniversary for patta, etc).

As a consumer, no AMD is a bit of a letdown.

People hating on the mazes are missing the point.

Nobody likes mazes irl. They're annoying, confusing, lazy, cheap attractions, and you're liable to get lost in them. Only children can really appreciate them.

It's a metaphor for Nike's handling of the air max 1 from 2009- 2017.

Really surprised how bad the AM1 design ended up being.
Neon Seoul 97s must cop for me- just because the inspiration. The Shanghai Sky 97s I think might turn out ok too. Kind of funny about that pair though, considering the insane air pollution from China..

They are moving it to China because of the sheer wealth of the upper class over there. I see it here in Toronto, lots of international students from China have no issues dropping a grand for a pair or shoes and drive around in high end cars while the rest of the country is living in squalor.

Uhhh squalor?
Bit of an exaggeration

Someone break down the latest beef for me to save me readin 4 pages.

Ta.
Basically some turdbucket got offended after someone posted new kicks that apparently had been posted 3 pages back, went on a meaningless rampage at someone else...blah blah blah. Then someone made a comment and someone else commented on their comment and in the meantime, Nike cancels airmax day which explains why everyone is in their feelings and acting like Drake ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Back
Top Bottom