THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

This was mentioned a while back.. If it is indeed true, I doubt it would be for long.. Like dblplay1212 dblplay1212 said; they did it with 3s, but that didn't last as long as expected or the rumours suggested. Looking back over '17 - '18, it was a truly great time for AM1, a period which will be seen as golden when looking back in a decades time I'm sure. With no new releases it's a good time to hunt down pairs which were missed or save for bespokes / grails!!
Yea that's how I'm looking at it. A break for a year isn't the worst thing in the world. I copped a ton over 17 and 18 but there's still pairs I missed or forgot about bc there was so much coming out. I'd just use that break to go back and get those.

I remember the conversion in here a few months back...but just thought of it was rumors. Hopefully they continue to have it available as a bespoke/iD. Seems silly that they would correct the shape, just to shelf it a few years later.

No complaints though. I have a ton of them that I would still like to have and a ton that I haven't worn yet.

forgive my lack of knowledge here but will this be the first time it's ever been shelved?

Bespoke...not mine
20190403_093904.jpg

I’m split. I get/like the prospect of it going on a hiatus, refocus of energy. (my $.02 - ramping down, going unisex for cws, maybe narrowed focus on a return to improved gr materials, more pinnacles, id options, etc.)

But I certainly wouldn’t look forward to the side effects of the inevitable return after a period in the vault, and all that a clever marketing campaign and false scarcity brings. Part of me takes for granted that they’re there, should I decide I want a new pair.

I guess the latter would also depend on how they’d roll it out again.

I really must be the only one not to like this sneaker. The sole just wasn't for me but I hope in the future I don't regret not copping.

Anyway for all my UK/EU people....
Screenshot_20190403-150522_Nike.jpg

I think if the purpose of shelving the am1 is to create demand, that's a false narrative in a sense. The flyknit trainer was shelved for years and when it came back, the hype/sales surrounding it were only with the two "Kanye" pairs. All the rest still sat on shelves. I think the same will happen with the am1. If/when the silhouette returns, the pairs that will be sought after, will be the posits pairwere always sought after...the ogs and the collabs. The grs will still sit.

If they want to create new classics, then put the energy into them that they deserve. Lazy colorways equal lazy sales.

If they do shelf the AM1 it’s probably to start pumping hype for the the AM90 30 year anniversary...

i'm actually ok with this. there hasn't been a 90 cw that i've liked in a while. taking a break from 1s would allow me to focus on previous missed releases.

speaking of which...i need an 11.5 in the purps :lol:

crepes would also be cool in a 10 :wink:

I really must be the only one not to like this sneaker. The sole just wasn't for me but I hope in the future I don't regret not copping.

the sole is eh to me tbh, bc you can't wear it in summer or it'll melt/deform. BUT i really like those for fall/early spring. i'd even consider a sole swap.

Screenshot_20190403-150522_Nike.jpg

Damn, can anyone across the pond hook up a UK 11.5 (US 12.5)?

the sole is eh to me tbh, bc you can't wear it in summer or it'll melt/deform. BUT i really like those for fall/early spring. i'd even consider a sole swap.
I didn't know that was one of the properties of that particular sole. I like them even less now.

I didn't know that was one of the properties of that particular sole. I like them even less now.

Where did you see that the sole will melt?

i have crepe sole boots and the heat will have an effect on them. not to the point where they will melt off :lol: but it will soften up a bit and dirt can get trapped in. it could also deform. idk exactly how these were made, but that's just my experience with crepe soles.

i have crepe sole boots and the heat will have an effect on them. not to the point where they will melt off :lol: but it will soften up a bit and dirt can get trapped in. it could also deform. idk exactly how these were made, but that's just my experience with crepe soles.
These aren't real crepe though. These are just rubber stamped to look like crepe. The 04 Crepe was real crepe. These aren't.

Agree with the unisex sizes. Also think they need to up the quality even if it means they are all $150 a pair. Get rid of the cheap felt stuff and use real suede on them. Use Pinnacle quality leather on them. And get rid of the super skinny tongues.

Back
Top Bottom