THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I seriously thought I was the only 30+ year old (non-celebrity) that still buys sneakers regularly lol! But it’s nice to see guys in their late 30s and 40s still part of the culture.

I’m 33 btw. I started collecting sneakers when I was 15 years old in the year 2000 when I got my first job at AMC Movie theaters in Co-op City in the Bronx. Literally every paycheck I earned back then went to a new pair of AF1s (my AF1 collection is sick) and Mitchell and Ness Jersey lol! You couldn’t tell me I wasn’t Fabolous from the “trade it all” music video lol!

I wasn’t much of a AM1 guy till 2005/2006 until the HOA Pack came out. Back then rarely anyone wanted the AM1 and 180s in that pack so after a couple months, the AM1 got discounted to $40 and at the time I worked at champs, so when the employee 50% off days came around, I didn’t hesitate to pick up the Red AM1 for $20. Since then I didn’t buy a AM1 until the Atmos elephant print came out in early 2017. Since then I bought/ID’ed around 25+ pairs of AM1s and they’re my current everyday go to sneaker of choice!

This thread is good but it’s much better now that I know we have some real sneaker collectors/enthusiast in here! Much love fellas!

2nd pair ever of an AM1s
B99E2A73-3834-4D71-905F-9F0AEC15EB7A.jpeg

I seriously thought I was the only 30+ year old (non-celebrity) that still buys sneakers regularly lol! But it’s nice to see guys in their late 30s and 40s still part of the culture.

I’m 33 btw. I started collecting sneakers when I was 15 years old in the year 2000 when I got my first job at AMC Movie theaters in Co-op City in the Bronx. Literally every paycheck I earned back then went to a new pair of AF1s (my AF1 collection is sick) and Mitchell and Ness Jersey lol! You couldn’t tell me I wasn’t Fabolous from the “trade it all” music video lol!

I wasn’t much of a AM1 guy till 2005/2006 until the HOA Pack came out. Back then rarely anyone wanted the AM1 and 180s in that pack so after a couple months, the AM1 got discounted to $40 and at the time I worked at champs, so when the employee 50% off days came around, I didn’t hesitate to pick up the Red AM1 for $20. Since then I didn’t buy a AM1 until the Atmos elephant print came out in early 2017. Since then I bought/ID’ed around 25+ pairs of AM1s and they’re my current everyday go to sneaker of choice!

This thread is good but it’s much better now that I know we have some real sneaker collectors/enthusiast in here! Much love fellas!

2nd pair ever of an AM1s
B99E2A73-3834-4D71-905F-9F0AEC15EB7A.jpeg

There used to be a spot in the Bartow shopping center for kicks. Pro-something maybe idk 1 of the last mom n pops I could go to.

Has anyone ever had an issue of ordering shoes from overseas or wherever and the shoe size in the box didnt match the size you ordered. Everything else checks out, down to the number on the box but the shoes didnt match

Has anyone ever had an issue of ordering shoes from overseas or wherever and the shoe size in the box didnt match the size you ordered. Everything else checks out, down to the number on the box but the shoes didnt match

Was the size that was delivered one size bigger than you ordered?

I can't ever imagine a situation where I'd decide to wear either the Susan or the Tokyo Maze. I appreciate both for collecting purposes of AM1s, but would never (as with so many others in my collection) wear them.

I’m a bit of the opposite.
Ive seldom come across an AM1 that I wouldn’t wear. My philosophy has always been buy what I’d wear. Some take more courage then others but I’ve enjoyed wearing everything.

Back
Top Bottom