THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Fun summer shoe right here
20190424_104500.jpg

Reminds me of the early 90s in a good way, that's a nice c/w.

how do you feel about them in hand?
Welcome addition. There’s enough going on with them for me (split outsole, piped tongue, color accents), to set them apart from some of my other predominantly b/w based AM1s.

There’s also a hint of regret passing on the Grey JDIs, with regards to the bright orange air unit/NA stitching details. Photo blues including them was a nice touch.

If anyone would consider it, I’d do an even trade of my SW’s for the Susan’s

Would rather have and wear those.
Yeah, I'd probably do that trade too. Only because I'm not really a fan of the SWs.

If anyone would consider it, I’d do an even trade of my SW’s for the Susan’s

Would rather have and wear those.
Unless retail, I would t consider Susan’s. And I already have my SWs. But I’m really interested in whatever you’re smokin!

Who's got some DS SW 97/1 in a size 10.5

You can have these Susan's for them, And I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!

My guess is the average age in here is like 33
AM1 thread average age is 37.23
7 between age 20~30
20 between age 30~40
11 between age 40~50

1 at 72 years old
32 here, I don’t post much, or really at all, but I love following this thread/community.
i think I raise that avg a bit lol. I just turned 40
I'll be 41 next month...best thing about the AM1 thread is the lack of clutter and bickering. Pretty much every post is AM1 talk, discussion pictures and what not....very seldom do you have to skim thru multiple post or pages of BS because the thread went off the rails.
46 for this old fart
35 in June. I think I’m having a mid life crisis.
turning 39 a wk from today
Geez am I the youngest one in here at 28?
42 like my shoe size
26 years here, so I guess I'm bring the mean age a little lower.
31 years old here - I agree this thread kills any other by far.

We should all post our very first AM1 purchase (if you still own it) and give a little back story to it

Regardless of how hideous (mine for sure haha) they may look or how awful the shape may be....
33 here #oldmanvibes
Turning 39 years young this year... Damn, it's all gone so fast! (used to think only old dudes said that ha)
Bespoke programme at 1948 will be sorely missed, have so many ideas I wanted to put in to action.. Guess I should put the money saved in the pension pot..
IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

Only been in this thread for a few years but learned a lot, and hopefully contributed a bit as well.. Shouts to all the regulars in here, best NT thread imo :smokin
32 in a couple of weeks. Seems like all the old heads in here now haha. I remeber being in here at 13.
38 years old, they say 40s the new 30 so i’ma embrace it in some Air Max 1s!
70B08F0C-30E4-4BC4-83F2-7DC08AFF62D9.jpeg
At 45 I thought I was the oldest by a mile - first pairs were History of Air - I think the women’s colourway. Here is one of the few pics I took - AM are about half way down.
34 - My first AM1's were these pink packs I picked up for around $50 maybe. If I knew they would explode in value, I would have kept them instead of trashing them... :smh:
20130104_160935.JPG
I’m 27

Been browsing nt since the og solecollector iss days way back in 2002-2005

Hadn’t created an account until recent so here I am
35 here. First pair was the 2003 obsidian GR. Grabbed them from FootAction my freshman year of college. I think retail was $85 or $90 back then. Grabbed the Chilis soon after but wore both of them into the ground.
36, first pair was picked up in 2004 at an outlet after graduating college. $40 for white/navy leather pair I rode to death. Restarted the AM1 love with some iDs in 2016 and added another 8 or 9 pair in the meantime. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Here's what I think first pair looked like
i.php
I'm so old I ordered my first sneakers from a mail-order catalog. From somewhere in England while living in Denmark. 1988-89 was the first year my friends and I made orders from there. I was mainly into basketball sneakers back then (Jordan and Air Flight, primarily), and didn't get into AM1 for real till the mid 00's. I had had a pair or two previously, but wasn't INTO them, yet. I'm 45.
I'm 26 now and my first pair was back in 2008. So unlucky bc shortly after that the shape got bananas :lol:
IMG_7546.JPG
35 y/o here. I believe my first pair was the “book of one’s” copped on clearance in Poughkeepsie, NY. Miss those days.
I’m 72 years young, got my first pair when I was 40.
40. First pair was in 1996 from a Finish Line outlet. It was a pair of 1/90, all white leather with a Carolina blue swoosh. I bought them to wear with a short sleeve cream Coogi sweater haha. Couldn’t tell me nothing!
upload_2019-4-22_9-52-26.jpeg

I'm 36 and this was my first pair from 2012. Not sure why I never had a pair before this, but I remember seeing them on Twitter and wanting them immediately.
Just turned 39 on Saturday, I'm pretty sure my first pair was the ****ty shape OG reds from 2009. Either that or some IDs from around that time.
45 here and been a sneaker head since 1985 when mom bought me the silver nylon Vandals for $20 at a mom and pop. Believe it or not, my first pair of AM1 was bought this year - the curry retro bought at Marshall’s for $45. I was always into the latest performance and now that I’m ending my basketball days I’m going back and grabbing all the Reebok classics and Nike runners I ignored.
45 here, as well. Can't quite remember my first pair, but during gym class in HS, I'd wear 1 Fire Red Jordan 5 and 1 Reebok Pump on the other foot and when heads would ask wtf? I'd tell 'em "Pump Up and Air Out" (old Dennis Rodman Reebok commercial) - Yes, hella corny, but I was fortunate to have both pairs at the time and wanted to gloat!
38 yrs old here, not sure when my first AM1 was but i do vivdly remember choosing to buy a pair of reebok pump preseasons over og carmines back then smh
44 here. Back in junior high/high school, I was on the track & cross country teams, and my go-to shoes were usually some kind of Air Pegasus. I liked them fine (even though I chewed through 'em pretty quickly, iirc) - but what I really wanted was a pair of AM1s. I don't remember the details of pricing at the time, but apparently AM1s were more expensive than the Pegasus - enough of a difference such that my mom didn't want to pay for them. So, I stuck with the Pegasus.

Fast forward thirty-ish years. AM1 completely fell off my radar for a few decades, and then (relatively recently) I got into sneakers again. Just last year, I realized AM1s are still out there. It was a eureka moment - I no longer have to ask my mom! Started with a pair of Currys, and now I have 8 pairs of AM1 - which, I realize, is nothing compared to most of the NTers in here. But the 14-year old inside me is ecstatic about those purchases.
Damn I might be the youngest person in this thread :lol:. Just turned 23 on Saturday
I'll soon be 25. My interest in sneakers sparked when I was around 9 years old playing NBA Live 2004 where you could pick your own sneakers. I'd google all the ones I wanted and just look at photos of them and read about them. Shout out to my pops, I got lebron's first signature AZG low in 4th grade. Had his next two signatures as well courtesy of the one pair per year rule. Starting buying and trading my own way into sneakers around 2008, 2009 using birthday money and just doing a lot of trades and adding cash or selling to buy something else.

Sorry for being born later than some of you, but take it from me that you'll be better off educating and sharing knowledge rather than dismissing younger folks as ignorant/hypebeasts/neckbeard fanboys/whatever you want to call them. It's just as easy for someone of my age or generation to turn that attitude around at a middle aged dude, but I think we're all better off finding common ground in sharing our experiences regardless of how long ago or how many there are.
35 here, and these were my first AM1’s that I purchased back in 2014. One of my favorite color ways. Wish they would redo with the new shape.

I seriously thought I was the only 30+ year old (non-celebrity) that still buys sneakers regularly lol! But it’s nice to see guys in their late 30s and 40s still part of the culture.

I’m 33 btw. I started collecting sneakers when I was 15 years old in the year 2000 when I got my first job at AMC Movie theaters in Co-op City in the Bronx. Literally every paycheck I earned back then went to a new pair of AF1s (my AF1 collection is sick) and Mitchell and Ness Jersey lol! You couldn’t tell me I wasn’t Fabolous from the “trade it all” music video lol!

I wasn’t much of a AM1 guy till 2005/2006 until the HOA Pack came out. Back then rarely anyone wanted the AM1 and 180s in that pack so after a couple months, the AM1 got discounted to $40 and at the time I worked at champs, so when the employee 50% off days came around, I didn’t hesitate to pick up the Red AM1 for $20. Since then I didn’t buy a AM1 until the Atmos elephant print came out in early 2017. Since then I bought/ID’ed around 25+ pairs of AM1s and they’re my current everyday go to sneaker of choice!

This thread is good but it’s much better now that I know we have some real sneaker collectors/enthusiast in here! Much love fellas!

2nd pair ever of an AM1s
B99E2A73-3834-4D71-905F-9F0AEC15EB7A.jpeg
My age..... 29 turning 30
You gotta have a job in order to collect kicks in general

It all started when I picked up some Jordan 5s from outlet for $100 in 2014
And found out Air Jordan retro don’t fit the same as Air Max 1
C244844B-D56A-4EC7-BCC1-48FDF46BAB11.jpeg
Wore these to church three nights last weekend - still look new after numerous wears.
D68B228A-48A1-4AA5-A0E4-C5864B48F7A5.jpeg
My second pair AM1 $50 from outlet. Real cow leather. Wearing it now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom