THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Mail call today

FE45179F-DF05-4C73-B87C-5C4C9513114E.jpeg 27F32142-7C00-48A3-8E5A-9CA88CF3692F.jpeg
Show them the card.

I'd never buy something and not wear it. I'm grateful I have the luxury right now to buy expensive shoes and I get my value and satisfaction from wearing them. I sold my hufquakes out of fear of crumbling because if I can't wear them, they're worthless.

Do you, though. I hope to some day have the luxury of collecting, whether I choose to or not.

I'd never buy something and not wear it. I'm grateful I have the luxury right now to buy expensive shoes and I get my value and satisfaction from wearing them. I sold my hufquakes out of fear of crumbling because if I can't wear them, they're worthless.

Do you, though. I hope to some day have the luxury of collecting, whether I choose to or not.

It depends. Some people just like to have shoes and collect, vs wearing them. I hardly get to wear sneakers, so most of my stuff sits. It doesn’t mean I won’t wear them eventually, but I also just like having them, even if it’s just to take them out of the box and look at them.

I’ve enjoyed all the stories btw, and I’m actually surprised at the median age in this thread. I honestly can’t remember what pair was my first AM1, but that’s all I’ve been buying recently. I’ve long since moved on from Jordans, Boost, etc. the silhouette is just timeless.

Saw somebody painted the midsoles white on the Maze... I'm not in the prevalent "every AM1 is better with white midsoles"-camp, so I wouldn't have done it, but interesting to see.
57572730_10218780571686105_5946088630232547328_n.jpg
57565550_129374368162586_6714455251535003648_n.jpg
I agree somewhat. Although, I do feel like contrasting midsoles look great.

I completely understand the "I wouldn't buy it if I wouldn't wear it" mindset... I mean, it makes the most sense. Honestly, I don't know why I have such an odd relationship with the AM1. I don't even really know how it evolved into... whatever it is. I just love to gather everything I find relevant about AM1s. I have SO much data stored with historical bits and pieces, thousands and thousands of images, artwork... etc. I mean, the amounts of hours I've spent on documenting release data of all the styles I find "important". As some of you know, I've taken apart a slew of AM1s simply to inspect the construction process(es) and learn about all the building blocks of this shoe. For some reason it fascinates me to see how things have evolved, how things were changed up a little here and there along the way. I know I was fascinated with the 'visible air' thing when it first came out, so perhaps that's why this is always going to be my 'ground zero' for sneakers. I think I can honestly say, that as much as I enjoy wearing a fresh pair of AM1s, I actually enjoy collecting and sorting information about them, collecting various models and tinkering with styles from all eras even more. Odd, I know. But for some reason, that's just where I'm at.

Back
Top Bottom