THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Evo's have grown on me a lot. The toe box is still a little weird for me but I can get over it. Those pics uploaded this weekend with the 3m on full display had really might've sold me on that shoe.

My homie ended up hooking me up with clots and Bacons at retail. I could see me eventually offing clots and copping Evo's.

Evo's have grown on me a lot. The toe box is still a little weird for me but I can get over it. Those pics uploaded this weekend with the 3m on full display had really might've sold me on that shoe.

My homie ended up hooking me up with clots and Bacons at retail. I could see me eventually offing clots and copping Evo's.
Would be much better with a mesh toe box imo. But I hate leather toe boxes on air maxes in general :lol:

Agreed mesh would've been much much better.

In all honesty the Evo is likely a future classic. Paying 50 over retail now may be a drop.in the bucket for what they go for in a year or two.

I know guys were saying they've taken losses by buying early etc but if there is one thing I know about sneakers in 2021 it's that "everything goes up with time" .

So what's the consensus on the Evos? We gonna see a wider release or was that it? Bout to bite the bullet on ebay for a decent price.

So what's the consensus on the Evos? We gonna see a wider release or was that it? Bout to bite the bullet on ebay for a decent price.
Just bite it
maxresdefault.jpg

Almost paid $320 for an 11.5 yesterday. I was checking out with Apple Pay, got to the double tap prompt, stared at it for about 10 seconds, went to double tap but my brain only allowed me to tap once.

Gonna hold out.

I don't think the Evos will re-release. I have a feeling they will fall in line with the SNKRS Day release from August and be a one and done. The 90s, Vapormax, and 97s from the pack seem to have a wider release and also do not include the 3.26 on the heel if I am not mistaken. You never know with Nike though...

Crazy part about it is that they’ll still sell at that price!

The multiple restocks were fun I ended up with 3 pairs of 103s.
There’s a lot of people overpaying for everything because they are high on hype, stimulus checks, and tax returns. At this point I’m riding out the craziness in hopes that it settles down soon. Kicking myself for not grabbing multiple pairs of reds when I had the chance. I’ve got one pair and I’m always hunting for a second at a reasonable price. $400+ is definitely not it.

Anyone else have squeaking problems? My 2012 reds squeak when I walk. I swapped insoles and the squeak is still there

Reds will be back within 3-4 years

You're probably right...but I do love the shape on the first go around of the annis.

When the annis all dropped I wasn't gonna not load up on em. Want to be able to rock at all times of the year knowing I can have a back up, plus another for trade bait when the time comes. Same thing with a few others. And believe it or not these were all retail scores thanks to people like dblplay1212 dblplay1212 - minus my second size? safari...which I grabbed riiight before the big up-spike.

EDIT: And dblplay1212 dblplay1212 reminded me of our stupid pre-order of curry for $250 because we got so damn excited for the retro lollll

Leather minis are another prime example of a great simple pair that will be coveted down the road imo, best to grab on sale and outlets soon. I think my second set of teals were only $60 at the outlets lol.

IMG_20D01B121712-1.jpeg

Speaking of outlets was at the Orlando Premium Outlet (Vineland one) and they had lemonades and sunrise - only US8,9 and 10 unfortunately - all retail, no discount.

1110.jpg

Last edited:
You're probably right...but I do love the shape on the first go around of the annis.

When the annis all dropped I wasn't gonna not load up on em. Want to be able to rock at all times of the year knowing I can have a back up, plus another for trade bait when the time comes. Same thing with a few others. And believe it or not these were all retail scores thanks to people like dblplay1212 dblplay1212 - minus my second size? safari...which I grabbed riiight before the big up-spike.

Leather minis are another prime example of a great simple pair that will be coveted down the road imo, best to grab on sale and outlets soon. I think my second set of teals were only $60 at the outlets lol.

IMG_20D01B121712-1.jpeg

Speaking of outlets was at the Orlando Premium Outlet (Vineland one) and they had lemonades and sunrise - only US8,9 and 10 unfortunately - all retail, no discount.

1110.jpg
Na na na not going to let you forget the $250 Currys. What were we thinking? :lol:

I don't think the Evos will re-release. I have a feeling they will fall in line with the SNKRS Day release from August and be a one and done. The 90s, Vapormax, and 97s from the pack seem to have a wider release and also do not include the 3.26 on the heel if I am not mistaken. You never know with Nike though...

There were only 16k people in that livestream when they dropped the shoes. And many didnt get em. Yet korea sellers got a fsr. They cant be that limited. If so they are super underpriced on the resale market.

Na na na not going to let you forget the $250 Currys. What were we thinking? :lol:

And then you pulled me into that nonsense :lol:

But would you look at that....
Screenshot_20210329-212436_StockX.jpg

There were only 16k people in that livestream when they dropped the shoes. And many didnt get em. Yet korea sellers got a fsr. They cant be that limited. If so they are super underpriced on the resale market.
You gotta remember that stuff sits in other parts of the world.

Back
Top Bottom