THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Royals today

D9910B16-4A8A-4A28-B4A2-D904B1882E3A.jpeg

I was able to grab the Chas for a steal price on ebay, but they didn't pass authentication. Who knows what the issue was, but if they were fakes I'm glad I didn't have to deal with the hassle. Might try to grab a pair again, but maybe it's not meant to be.

I bought a used pair of milanos last week. Clearly authentic by the pictures I thought, lots of photos fairly showing condition. Well apparently they failed authentication too. They didn't give me any more info than it could be condition or could be fakes. Even more annoying I cant message the seller.

I know this isn’t a Waffle One thread but I’m looking for size comparisons to the AM1. Anyone here have a pair of Waffle Ones? If so are they the same as your AM1s? Appreciate any help.

Probably a dumb question but who wins this trade

2017 Air Max Atmos Elephant for Jordan 1 Mocha, Jordan 1 University blue and $100 cash.

I would be the person getting the Atmos Air Max in this situation

Probably a dumb question but who wins this trade

2017 Air Max Atmos Elephant for Jordan 1 Mocha, Jordan 1 University blue and $100 cash.

I would be the person getting the Atmos Air Max in this situation
There aren't many shoes out there that I would part with my elephants for.

I should've got a 2nd pair when they were floating around for 400 bucks

Last edited:
Hit on the CLOT raffle. Not really a fan of the design (clear panels ruin it for me), but I do like the brand and the attention to detail on all of their releases. Will probably go ahead and cop em tho since I don't own a single pair of OG AM.

Still surprised the AM1 never really caught on in the states. It's always been a niche product that was never mainstream

Still surprised the AM1 never really caught on in the states. It's always been a niche product that was never mainstream
I think it's partially a culture/timing/design thing.

I think sporting achievement informs fashion and culture in the US a lot more than Europe for example. Especially in the 80s with the rise of athletes signing exclusive deals with sports brands and taking part in multinational ad campaigns. As there was no signature athlete attached to the am1 it didn't take off in the US in the same way as the EU.

Also the fact that often communities outside of the mainstream often play a significant role in informing what's "cool" to society. A large number of young people from inner cities were transitioning from b-boy/older basketball shoes (puma suede/clyde, adidas superstars etc) to modern shoes of the time because of the ascension of Michael Jordan on the court and the designs of Tinker Hatfield.

I got the martians but I still need to double back on teals.

I ended up catching both the evergreens and Magmas (at resale) so I haven't been pressed on the Teals.

Back
Top Bottom