THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Because hypebeasts give a **** about what other people think, or in this case how something is "rated", since they can't think for themselves. What you're describing as underrated is better said as underappreciated. Other people's ratings are just subjective opinions and not something I ever factor into my own judgment of something.

^ agreed with @fluid hips always saw more 90s, 95s, and now 97s since they came back hard in 2017. And for the old heads, LTDs :rofl:
Ehhh agree to disagree, respectfully. Underrated and underappreciated is just verbiage that shake out to mean the same thing in this instance. Just like dblplay1212 dblplay1212 and SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK example pairs they posted... In my opinion, they are very underrated, underappreciated etc. While, imo, every single Collab being discussed in this thread recently would be considered to be overrated. Imo

I agree that the terms can be used by Hypebeasts as well. But, I also believe that a true sneaker enthusiast can use the terms as well in proper context, without being Beasty. In fact, just the opposite.

Of course, it's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Ehhh agree to disagree, respectfully. Underrated and underappreciated is just verbiage that shake out to mean the same thing in this instance. Just like dblplay1212 dblplay1212 and SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK example pairs they posted... In my opinion, they are very underrated, underappreciated etc. While, imo, every single Collab being discussed in this thread recently would be considered to be overrated.

I agree that the terms can be used by Hypebeasts as well. But, I also believe that a true sneaker enthusiast can use the terms as well in proper context, without being Beasty. I'm fact, just the opposite.

Of course, it's just my opinion though.
Werd I got you. Under/overrated are simply not words I use to describe anything. I interpret things pretty subjectively rather than trying to broadcast my thoughts as a whole more objectively.

Werd I got you. Under/overrated are simply not words I use to describe anything. I interpret things pretty subjectively rather than trying to broadcast my thoughts as a whole more objectively.
These are definitely discussions I have in my head while browsing my closet or surfing nt. Maybe the act of broadcasting your opinion to the masses is what makes it Beasty?

Dream on
20F8716E-B28E-4F55-9365-CDBA4F95EDA9.jpeg

I replaced the insoles with these thin ones in a pair that fit too snug
i went ahead and ordered a pair. thanks

EDIT: I actually cancelled the order and hit up Walmart to see if they had any thin replacement insoles rather than wait for shipping. I got two set of these for $5 and carefully matched them with the stock insoles and trimmed. Now they fit 1:1 without constricting my feet and they're still comfy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom