THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

DA1AC4A4-2415-4341-A143-C29375690A94.jpeg

Accepted Friday morning, so he had Friday , yesterday and today as the last day to ship to stockx.
I've sold a ton of sneakers over the last decade or so, trust me when I say I speak from experience.

You have no idea where your seller is located (if via stockX or goat). Even then have you considered the time difference, the seller could easily have an early start to their day job or even a late start which prevents them from shipping same day.

A lot of ups stores are closed on Sundays and close early on Saturday.

Yesterday was really the first applicable business day that they could've planned to ship off sneakers.

Who is to say the seller even has shoes in hand yet? I know that's not what you're supposed to do but let's be real a ton of ppl sell early thinking the shoe is set to arrive within a day or so.

All I'm saying is 1 or two extra days won't hurt you at all. Most ppl have been drooling over this pack since January.

Last edited:
I've sold a ton of sneakers over the last decade or so, trust me when I say I speak from experience.

You have no idea where your seller is located (if via stockX or goat). Even then have you considered the time difference, the seller could easily have an early start to their day job or even a late start which prevents them from shipping same day.

Yesterday was really the first applicable business day that they could've planned to ship off sneakers.

Who is to say the seller even has shoes in hand yet. I know that's not what you're supposed to do but let's be real a ton of ppl sell early thinking the shoe is set to arrive within a day or so.

All I'm saying it 1 or two extra days won't hurt you at all. Most ppl have been drooling over this pack since January.

This clears a lot , thanks! First time buying from stockx since I usually only do meetups. However, just got a mail from stockx that the seller won’t ship until the end of next week lol. So they gave me the option to wait or cancel my purchase.

This clears a lot , thanks! First time buying from stockx since I usually only do meetups. However, just got a mail from stockx that the seller won’t ship until the end of next week lol. So they gave me the option to wait or cancel my purchase.
Smh.

Who is to say the seller even has shoes in hand yet. I know that's not what you're supposed to do but let's be real a ton of ppl sell early thinking the shoe is set to arrive within a day or so.

All I'm saying it 1 or two extra days won't hurt you at all. Most ppl have been drooling over this pack since January.
So now what happens in situations like that. Is it ad simple as canceling or waiting or getting a credit and seller penalized? I've sold on SX but have never and will never buy lol. And absolutely make sure I have them physically first.

Smh.

So now what happens in situations like that. Is it ad simple as canceling or waiting or getting a credit and seller penalized? I've sold on SX but have never and will never buy lol. And absolutely make sure I have them physically first.
It's funny this is actually the first time I've even heard of SX even acknowledging a seller isn't shipping when they should.

They say you should ship in 2 days but I've never really seen anyone penalized for not doing so. if I was a betting man I would bet that the seller reached out to SX and told them their package got delayed etc, thus forcing SX to reach out to buyer. Typically SX would just have the buyer in limbo and threaten to punish the seller.

I'm also pretty big on waiting til shoe is in hand before shipping however I see how a seller would try to get these off as early as possible as the price continues to tank (which is better for us on the buying side).

It's funny this is actually the first time I've even heard of SX even acknowledging a seller isn't shipping when they should.

They say you should ship in 2 days but I've never really seen anyone penalized for not doing so. if I was a betting man I would bet that the seller reached out to SX and told them their package got delayed etc, thus forcing SX to reach out to buyer. Typically SX would just have the buyer in limbo and threaten to punish the seller.

I'm also pretty big on waiting til shoe is in hand before shipping however I see how a seller would try to get these off as early as possible as the price continues to tank (which is better for us on the buying side).

I made a bid before the snkrs release, so I expected that the seller would have the item already in hand bc of the instore drop. My bid got accepted (285 excl fees). Since it’s my first time buying from stockx, i asked customer service if i have to pay taxes because I’m from Europe and if they have any update of shipping. Customer service emailed back stating that the seller contacted them that he couldn’t ship the shoes following the 2 business days rule which is today, and therefore gave me the option to wait or cancel my purchase. So yea, I did contact them

That's wild. I did always think seller will get penalized ..... like they send a reminder everyday until the last day. If they ain't doing anything and price is lower now I would cancel. Cuz yea if you get pairs early and have the folks that aren't confident on release date pairs and just want to get it out the way... them buyers be paying Hundreds of dollars for it to then lower by hundreds of dollars.

Y'all look at stockx too much. Go outside.
Lol. I just do for a laugh. Again I'll never buy from them. I'm a Kobe guy so I pretty much don't have to go there for reference for those as they no longer(at the moment) have releases.

I did just recently finally acquire the Black Mamba jersey and I'm thankful for finding it and the price I got it for cuz those prices are WILD on SX... just for a swingman. Patience, persistence and help from my boy made it happen

stockx rarely penalizing sellers unless you're a repeat offender. And for new releases, StockX sometimes grant leniency for "Just Released" items and actually notify and give sellers an extended shipping time.
agree. Sx exactly knows that penalizing the sellers means less money for themself. Especially new releasese when the first sales usually are higher.
Charging fees from sellers and buyers is the best part imo... :lol:

Just set the price so ******'ll live your life, my ***** - Hov

Once I pay I try my hardest to make peace with whatever I paid and move on. If I haven't worn the shoe in a year or two maybe I circle back and check value.
Werd. I rarely did auctions on ebay but I did the same thing - set the max bid and leave it at that. Feel like every thread on NT is guys obsessively checking prices on resale platforms by the hour tryna save that extra $20. Like damn, set the price you're willing to pay and if the sellers don't budge then some new flavor of the month will be out soon enough.

I just looked at my stockx account. Six purchases total, no purchases since summer 2019. Four of them were under retail, one at retail, one resale. Haven't even made a sale on there in a year. Glad I built up my collection before all these sites started charging more fees/sales tax. My last few cops I've managed to finesse off platform thru IG/email, thankfully.

Sometimes I feel like they manipulate the numbers to cause some buyers to panic

this is what i was originally thinking, i just realized my bid got accepted for a pair of mellows, but i go on there & see between the $215 pairs, it's sporadically pairs selling for $251, $260, & now $271...

Ya'll need to just use eBay.

You can see the actual pair you're going to get. Negotiate directly with the seller, etc.

Especially with these Concepts pairs....you may want to see the actual denim wash you're going to get.
I agree that eBay is the better option on all these pairs but I think the price is trending higher there. When looking at the eBay options last week it was 40-50 bucks higher. That didn't sit right with me so I had to take a gamble on stockX.

I agree though anyone who is oerticular about their washes should use eBay exclusively for this release.

I agree that eBay is the better option on all these pairs but I think the price is trending higher there. When looking at the eBay options last week it was 40-50 bucks higher. That didn't sit right with me so I had to take a gamble on stockX.

Yeah, but sellers be listing items for whatever they want hoping someone with disposable income sees their listing and clicks Buy It Now.

So many eBay sellers are willing to accept best offers.

Back
Top Bottom