THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I was only 3 or 4 when the og AM1s dropped, so I have no nostalgia for them. I got my first pair of AM1s in 2012 (that I think released in 2007) and that to me was the normal shape. So it’s funny to see these reactions realizing that what an AM1 is supposed to look like is different depending on when you got into them.

Did these release in 86 or 87?
Yes. Big bubble = 1986. Not so big bubble = 1987. Nike kinda reinvents their own stories as the years go on. Air max day was created as the supposed day the first air max came out, March 26th 1987. But the big bubble pairs were around in 1986.

IIRC, 1986 releases had issues with the airbag/midsole. It was kind of a soft launch. 1987 was the more widespread launch with an updated sole. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE

Being an old man, I was a youngster when they first released. Honestly, the shape was everywhere. They came smashed in a thin box and mud guard dimensions weren't consistent at all.

For me, if the shape were more like dblplay1212 dblplay1212 described and the pic that us3less us3less posted below... (Specifically the red pair) That would be ideal. Some pairs were actually like that from what I remember.

I just hope that the release is more like that then that poorly angled mudguard on the IG video.
1676644847505.png

OG shape is TRASH, too many fall for nostalgia.

I always thought the reason they got rid of the bigger air bag was because the heel had a tendency to fall apart. So, they went for the smaller bag in 1988 or so with the vulcanized outsole.

This kid in my 7th grade class had the original and I spent half the year watching them slowly deteriorate.

im mad dissapointed after seeing those pics from the red big bubble
looks like 2009 shape uppers slapped above on the big bubble midsoles 😢

Y’all gotta be honest man. Every last one of you will be scrambling on RD to get a pair of these. Stop the 🧢.
Exactly this lol. Everyone complaining for no reason because these look super close to the 86. Not sure what everyone expected. It’s the Nike Air max 1 big bubble 86. Not the Nike Air Max 1 big bubble 2017. THE SHAPE HAS BEEN OFF SINCE 86/87.

Did people expect the AJ 1 Lost and Found aging treatment to these with the modern shape? Because that would make no sense.

These having a closer shape to the 86 og is what I’ve been wanting forever. It’s exactly the reason why I have zero AM1 in my collection.

I take back the no reason to complain bit but I do think the real reason people are complaining is because they’ve invested buying a bunch of wack job hobo shaped AM1 and now know the difference. OG shapes rule the day…facts

Whats funny is that when they retro‘d the og shape of the AM90, almost no one was complaining. At least not like in here and elsewhere lol

86 shape is buns. There's a reason they used 05 for the 2017 anniversary pair and remodel of the shoe. That's the preferred shape by most.

Congrats on your first am1 though.
What’s the difference between my opinion of the 86 shape being better and you saying 05 is the preferred/better shape?

Seriously though everyone can have an opinion. But saying people only prefer the 2005 or 2017 shape bc they own a bunch of pairs of the shape they like a lot is pretty weird. People bought what they like. Ok...? Those same people don't own a bunch of 2010-2016 bc they didn't like that shape. You don't even own any am1 so idk why I'm even having this back and forth.

Seriously though everyone can have an opinion. But saying people only prefer the 2005 or 2017 shape bc they own a bunch of pairs of the shape they like a lot is pretty weird. People bought what they like. Ok...? Those same people don't own a bunch of 2010-2016 bc they didn't like that shape. You down even own any am1 so idk why I'm even having this back and forth.
Huh? Lol Are you aware of what you just typed? You just made my argument stronger. “But saying people only prefer 2005 or 2017 shape bc they own a bunch of pairs of the shape they like is weird?” Is this statement not true statement? I’m confused…

I certainly didn’t use the word “weird”. I tried, maybe not so clearly, to acknowledge that it wouldn’t be a stretch to point out the obvious fact that if people like that shape, they’d have a bunch of them or vice versa and might feel jaded seeing a fav shoe finally get the shape back to og.

Shape does play a factor into what people buy right? You even said it yourself. Read your own words lol. You contradict yourself when you say people bought what they like And then say the 05/17 shape is better. So pick one cupcake. Here you are wanting to have your cake and it eat to.

since the late 90’s and early 00’s nike been playing this shape game. Nike never forced anyone to buy hundreds of pairs of one shoe with the wrong shape. Vote with your wallet until they can get it right or buy pairs with the wrong shape

Also, I don't have to have a shoe to have an opinion. You get the FOH

Huh? Lol Are you aware of what you just typed? You just made my argument stronger. “But saying people only prefer 2005 or 2017 shape bc they own a bunch of pairs of the shape they like is weird?” Is this statement not true statement? I’m confused…

I certainly didn’t use the word “weird”. I tried, maybe not so clearly, to acknowledge that it wouldn’t be a stretch to point out the obvious fact that if people like that shape, they’d have a bunch of them or vice versa and might feel jaded seeing a fav shoe finally get the shape back to og.

Shape does play a factor into what people buy right? You even said it yourself. Read your own words lol. You contradict yourself when you say people bought what they like And then say the 05/17 shape is better. So pick one cupcake. Here you are wanting to have your cake and it eat to.

since the late 90’s and early 00’s nike been playing this shape game. Nike never forced anyone to buy hundreds of pairs of one shoe with the wrong shape. Vote with your wallet until they can get it right or buy pairs with the wrong shape

Also, I don't have to have a shoe to have an opinion. You get the FOH
You said "the real reason people are complaining is because they’ve invested buying a bunch of wack job hobo shaped AM1 and now know the difference.", suggesting people only like the 05/17 shape bc they invested a lot in buying pairs with that shape. That's dumb. They invested a lot in those pairs bc they like those pairs/shape. It's not the other way around as you suggest. 05 is considered the golden era of am1, not 86. You wouldn't know that bc you're not a am1 guy. The idea of a big bubble was intriguing to many but the idea of going back to that upper wasn't something that many were asking for... bc it looks like ****. You've seen the reaction by most today. You, the non-am1 guy, coming in to preach about a shoe you don't even wear is comical.

I have voted with my wallet. I have hundreds of pairs with the shape I like. I may buy 1 of these just bc I buy most am1.

You can have an opinion but it means little when you don't even wear am1.

Again, enjoy your first am1. A lot of people started with the 3.26 Ultra too. Google it bc I know you don't know what that is.

Back
Top Bottom