THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

True but they’ve said themselves these are a remake of the ‘86 version so there’s that.
If they'd shown something similar to what we saw yesterday in the snkrs live last year, I don't think the reaction would be what it was yesterday. People would have known what to expect. Like it or not, it wouldn't be a surprise. But what we saw yesterday was nothing like the live so a lot of people that are fans of the 05/17 shape were disappointed. I think that's where the real issue comes from. It was a year long tease.

Personally I wish they'd just release more of the 100 version of 2017. I get they need to make a change bc that's what Nike does but I'm personally just not a fan of the 86 upper at all. If you are, great. Hope this pair hits for you. I'll probably grab a pair but I won't be hoarding them like I did 2017.

I wish huf would have worked to bring back some air maxes with their 20th anniversary campaign last year. I guess their anniversary coinciding with SB (both started 2002) made more sense to do the dunks. Glad I got those but would've loved a hufquake or 2004 air max 1 revisit.

This has to be a first on NT right? Shoe close to OG and most are like

:lol:

Do they look like the OGs though? We need more pics and comparisons, but from the initial looks they don't look like the og shape.

screenshot_20230217_111526_instagram-jpg.3092382

screenshot_20230218_104541_google-jpg.3092768

And tbh the tongue on the 88 aj3 was too short. It later got too tall but I like the current tongue height better than the super short or super high tongues. Maybe it's bc the ankle is cut lower now? Idk now an expert on aj3.

air-jordan-3-history-3-18.jpg
air-jordan-3-history-3-19.jpg
air-jordan-3-history-3-14.jpg
air-jordan-3-history-3-7.jpg

Yeah I guess tongue could be included in this discussion of shape? I was more thinking overall shape/toe box as that's what Nike seems to butcher the most.

OG 3's is one of most butchered of shoes via Nike. :smh:

I personally prefer the short tongue on the OG 3's. The extra tall tongue is so bad though. :lol:

Current tongue on AJ3s is great, definitely better than the throw pillow on pairs like the Katrina’s (HoF). Although my Unite pair has a tongue so short you cover up the Jumpman lacing all the way up. Feels so weird too.

All new AM1s are odd lately with the fit being inconsistent. Hopefully the big bubbles fit the way we expect our preferred size to fit. Nothing like hitting on a pair only to have them fit too snug. Looking at you Hemps 👀

Can someone explain what this pair is? It has perforations around the bubble. Shot is from a 1987 commercial.
85E38F09-B170-477F-A268-DC7C964F8441.png

Back
Top Bottom