THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'd just go with your usual AM1 size tbh. Today I tried the Anniversary's and the 86s back-to-back and they fit damn near identical.

I've been going a half-size up from TTS in every Air Max since forever, so please don't base your choice off me. :lol:
KanyIZZY KanyIZZY and others looking for sizing info of 86s (thanks superblytrife superblytrife ). I'm going to shoot for my usual AM1 size.

I wear all my air max because they have a shelf life. The vast majority of my Jordans are AJ1s which I know can make it another 20 to 30 years with no issue.

My non-AJ1s are usually worn within a couple of years. I've done some long stretches tho.

So that’s what you do? Can you explain that? So you admittedly are going to buy a shoe you don’t like? Lol That’s crazy man. Like how does that make any sense? Stick to your hard stance on these and pass so others who do like them can enjoy them. I mean I’m a collector too but I don’t collect pairs that I don’t like lol. Also I vehemently disagree that the OG ‘86 Air Max 1 somehow isn’t a good looking shoe. It’s literally the first of its kind. The *first Air Max based on Tinkers vision for the shoe. You and a few others in here sound kind of crazy for going out of your way to bash this clearly great retro all because it isn’t a remake of the 2017 when no one ever said or implied that the 2017 would be restocking. Just ignore these and let everyone else enjoy. “unfortunately the 86 just isn’t a great looking shoe” lol. Yeah to you and damn near only you lol.

If you own 1 pair of AM1s buying these despite not liking the shape is crazy. If you own hundreds of AM1 and wear them almost exclusively, NOT buying these cause of the shape is crazy. We talking about a version that hasnt been released in almost 40 years. I think its less of a "turn" and moreso people are disappointed in the shape of a shoe they knew they were gonna buy regardless. Shape aint great but its not bad enough that I wont wear em. The most classic colorway of a classic shoe that only comes around once every 5 years or so, gotta cop em. You can complain about the execution and still want to own em.

That said, I need to see the inevitable illustrayt illustrayt anni/bb sole swap pics.

150B43FC-76A6-48C0-9DED-7B803763DECF.jpeg

Makes 0 sense. Doesn’t like them. Won’t wear them. But will buy them. smh lol
What one decided to do with their own hard earned money doesn't need to make sense to anyone else, but them.

Especially, when they didn't demand anyone "put in" on it.

The narrative that there was this big "turn" on these and that the same people that were critical of the shape now aren't, is not accurate.

The narrative that certain members have trashed the big bubble, page, after page, after page is also false.

Most regulars in the thread have been pretty consistent in their opinions of the '86 and whether they're in or out.

not riding for you or against you personally.

But, I am riding vs. the inaccurate narratives that have been introduced since the big bubble became a reality.

Especially, since most of them have been introduced by folks that only stop thru on air Max month.

So there’s a regular Mens release and a separate womens release just like the Chi2s? They’re $30 cheaper in my size right now on StockX for the women pair.

I wear every am1 in my collection...

With that said, I own Jordans that will likely never see the floor ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
At least you liked them though. Right?
Ah naw. I bounced from the dumb phone debate in the WC3 reimagined thread, only to come home to the AM1 thread and see “the turn” complaints and pocket watching. Nope, more on feet pics please. I’ll wait…
I guess you’re saying I’m pocket watching lol. Okay. All I said was it doesn’t make any sense (to me) to purchase a shoe that I not only don’t intend on wearing but at the same time don’t even like. That part. The only time I’ve bought shoes that I know I won’t wear are shoes that I like SO MUCH that owning the shoe means more than me wearing them. That’s what a collector does. Point is I have to like the shoe enough in order for me to be okay with hoarding them and never wearing them. This man said he hates the shoe, seemingly doesn’t appreciate what they are and what they represent, will not wear them, has other versions that he deems are better yet he’s still going to buy them for literally no reason and potentially take them out of a would be happy customers hands in the process. You want to sit up here and justify that foolishness and call it pocket watching then go ahead lol.

Last edited:
i’ve accepted that our purchasing habits don’t have to make any sense, especially if you have disposable income. i’ve bought basketball and football cards at various points of my life with no intention of selling. some consider it a waste of money, but sometimes i just like collecting for the sake of collecting. it seems silly and it probably is but 🤷‍♂️

i’ve accepted that our purchasing habits don’t have to make any sense, especially if you have disposable income. i’ve bought basketball and football cards at various points of my life with no intention of selling. some consider it a waste of money, but sometimes i just like collecting for the sake of collecting. it seems silly and it probably is but 🤷‍♂️
You got any Kobe ones?!

At least you liked them though. Right?

I guess you’re saying I’m pocket watching lol. Okay. All I said was it doesn’t make any sense (to me) to purchase a shoe that I not only don’t intend on wearing but at the same time don’t even like. That part. The only time I’ve bought shoes that I know I won’t wear are shoes that I like SO MUCH that owning the shoe means more than me wearing them. That’s what a collector does. Point is I have to like the shoe enough in order for me to be okay with hoarding them and never wearing them. This man said he hates the shoe, seemingly doesn’t appreciate what they are and what they represent, will not wear them, has other versions that he deems are better yet he’s still going to buy them for literally no reason and potentially take them out of a would be happy customers hands in the process. You want to sit up here and justify that foolishness and call it pocket watching then go ahead lol.
I might buy two pair now. 🤷

Yea… spending 5x retail on a shoe to wear them 0 to 4x a year… makes no sense to normal people but is a regular thing to do on NT 🤣

Hell even having one model of a shoe in 5 to 50 colorways is absurd to most people lol

Back
Top Bottom