THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Did anyone who score on the women's pair get shipment info yet? Mine is still waiting to be shipped while my men's pair (from my coworker) is already en route.

Did anyone who score on the women's pair get shipment info yet? Mine is still waiting to be shipped while my men's pair (from my coworker) is already en route.

Nope, still waiting as well. Still showing “preparing shipment” . My pair on otherhand finally shipped 2 days ago

I'm not a huge AM1 aficionado, so just going on my ancient memory, but the normal AM1s always seemed off to me, and I only have one pair currently that I haven't worn in like 8 years+. I had another (silver hyperfuse), which I sold used. Just could never get used to the brick feel (yes, even worse than the other jordan and trainer retros that I love).

I recall back when the OG launched, every step I could feel the air bag compression in a meaningful way; I was fascinated with the tech and squishiness. For the life of me, however, I can't recall if I had the OG OG BB version. I recall the air bag being huge, however, maybe I had the current form, which still seemed big even back then....I'll never know.

I sprained my ankle playing soccer in the OGs and eventually just tossed them in the garbage....so dumb.

Anyway, if these are bricks (in terms of cushioning), I'll opt out of getting any future releases. If they are even decently softer, I'll be in on the royals next year!

D9280F76-4E5C-4802-98A3-517DF4114483.jpeg

I'm not a huge AM1 aficionado, so just going on my ancient memory, but the normal AM1s always seemed off to me, and I only have one pair currently that I haven't worn in like 8 years+. I had another (silver hyperfuse), which I sold used. Just could never get used to the brick feel (yes, even worse than the other jordan and trainer retros that I love).

I recall back when the OG launched, every step I could feel the air bag compression in a meaningful way; I was fascinated with the tech and squishiness. For the life of me, however, I can't recall if I had the OG OG BB version. I recall the air bag being huge, however, maybe I had the current form, which still seemed big even back then....I'll never know.

I sprained my ankle playing soccer in the OGs and eventually just tossed them in the garbage....so dumb.

Anyway, if these are bricks (in terms of cushioning), I'll opt out of getting any future releases. If they are even decently softer, I'll be in on the royals next year!
thank you!

After seeing this comparison image, the 2017 silhouette is definitely MY GOLD standard for the AM1. I'll admit that the '86s look better than the "dark age" 2010 era generation, but they're not touching the 2017s. Would only purchase them if I see them at a Clearance Store/outlet for ~$70.
Agree 100%

You got both the men's and the women's?

Can you chime in on what the size label says on the sockliner for the women's when that pair comes in? Curious if my women's pair will say "10" or "8.5."
Almost certainly will show the women's sizing. Wouldn't make sense to put men's sizing on a women's shoe. The tongue label will show women's sizing too.

Almost certainly will show the women's sizing. Wouldn't make sense to put men's sizing on a women's shoe. The tongue label will show women's sizing too.

Oh I know for sure the polyester size label will show women's sizing. I ask, about the one on the ankle, because the Jordan 2s have men's sizing shown on the outsole even on women's pairs.

My women’s pair has my women’s on the sock liner. I’m super impressed with all the original details.

Ooh okay good to know, thank you!

Last edited:
Order from Nike gets here tomorrow!

Attachments

• 45D651FF-7B2A-4865-A579-EC78BEC3BB3C.jpeg
    45D651FF-7B2A-4865-A579-EC78BEC3BB3C.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom