THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

But he

But he didn’t design them with that ugly Midsole …. Lol
NIke-Air-Max-1-Sketch-BSTN.jpg

No lies, my friend. Just look at the design lines and the overall shape. There’s a reason Tinker designed them that way. We will just have to agree to disagree. I hope to God the blue colorway comes out like this. 🤞
He thought he could make them better and did so. Same thing happened with the AJ3. He made the version with the swoosh and then realized he could do better so removed it. Big Bubble is the AJ3 Tinker. I'll stick with 87's and AJ3's but wear what you like.

He thought he could make them better and did so. Same thing happened with the AJ3. He made the version with the swoosh and then realized he could do better so removed it. Big Bubble is the AJ3 Tinker. I'll stick with 87's and AJ3's but wear what you like.

No he didn't.

He HAD to remake them from all the issues with the huge bubble back then, and the subpar materials they had access to which couldn't support it.

That’s not true. Pairs were released, but the had to be changed because of material problems back in the 80s. Now with better materials we are getting them the way they were meant to be. I’ll wear these and it will be glorious. Can’t wait. 😎

7C400BEB-BC60-4D01-B220-19E9F4AE6AD4.jpeg

Shock drop pair came in, they nailed the shape for sure 🔥
This is a women’s size conversion and they fit just like my men’s size 2017/2018 pair, may be a hair longer length wise but not enough to size down at all and nothing noticeable when on foot. They are a bit snugger on the upper forefoot area but I’m sure that breaks in with wear. Comfort wise they feel the same as previous however I do feel the plastic cage of the air unit right under the heel though, anyone else know what I’m talkin about? Only had them on for 5-10 minutes so take that with a grain of salt. Definitely keeping and may snag another colorway down the line.

Actually, with the 3, I don't think it was him trying to make them look better. It was him trying to do a fully Jordan branded shoe. In fact, my theory is that he wanted to remove the swoosh and put the jumpan on the backtab, but the execs told him to pound sand, so he left off the swoosh and put NA on the back. That's my revisionist history and I'm sticking to it ;-).

Personally, I always felt the 3s looked funny and plain. When the Tinker version showed up it all kind of made sense; they were designed to have the swoosh there.

Back
Top Bottom