THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Noticed something on these. Got two pairs of the violet dust AM1s. Pair of the left came from Mr. Porter. Right came direct from Nike. Anything look different to you?

Take a look at the panels on the upper. The textures are different and inverse. On the Porter pair, panel 1 is nappy but on the Nike pair it is smooth. By contrast, panel 2 on the Porter pair is smooth and on the Nike pair panel 2 is nappy.

Not a big deal to me necessarily, but it’s really noticeable with them shoes side by side.

IMG_9504.jpeg

Can yall educate me on the difference between a regular AM1 and an SC one? And what are yall thoughts on the SC variations? Do they fit the same?

Noticed something on these. Got two pairs of the violet dust AM1s. Pair of the left came from Mr. Porter. Right came direct from Nike. Anything look different to you?

Take a look at the panels on the upper. The textures are different and inverse. On the Porter pair, panel 1 is nappy but on the Nike pair it is smooth. By contrast, panel 2 on the Porter pair is smooth and on the Nike pair panel 2 is nappy.

Not a big deal to me necessarily, but it’s really noticeable with them shoes side by side.

IMG_9504.jpeg
Unfortunately, that's the standard Nike QC experience. I had the same thing happen on a pair of AM90's a while back.

Can yall educate me on the difference between a regular AM1 and an SC one? And what are yall thoughts on the SC variations? Do they fit the same?
SC is supposed to stand for Sports Classic but when applied today to AM1 I think it just means leather mudguard, mesh toe, and suede uppers. When I see SC, I just think leather mudguard.

Back
Top Bottom