THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Came in today from atmos
2505h0p.jpg

what kind of plans do you have with the bespokes?

Honestly...idk. I think it's best to have a general direction you wanna go in, but at the same time not have one. You know?

But I'm def not one to go crazy and make a "what the" type shoe. I'm a little older now, and some sneakers I just can't wear.

Last edited:
Honestly...idk. I think it's best to have a general direction you wanna go in, but at the same time not have one. You know?

But I'm def not one to go crazy and make a "what the" type shoe. I'm a little older now, and some sneakers I just can't wear.
i feel you.  just because they offer a particular material or color, doesnt mean you need to jump on it.  i dont know if i could ever invest in bespoke because id just do something hella clean and simple, and it would just look like a qs of some sort.  it would just be like some og colorway made of an endangered species testicle skin with african diamond dust sprinkled in the dye.  

Last edited:
i feel you.  just because they offer a particular material or color, doesnt mean you need to jump on it.  i dont know if i could ever invest in bespoke because id just do something hella clean and simple, and it would just look like a qs of some sort.  it would just be like some og colorway made of an endangered species testicle skin with african diamond dust sprinkled in the dye.  

:rofl:

i am leaning towards using animal skin in my first one though.

i think of bespoke like this...and really sneakers, jerseys in general...

i just spent almost 1k on 6 pairs of air max 1 pendleton iDs, in my mind thats just 1k towards sneakers. whether i get 1 pair or 6, 1k is 1k. so if i can get a pair made just for me for the same amount that i would spend anyway? its a no brainer. i just wont buy any other sneakers in the meantime.

i have a $500 gift card in pocket anyway so it softens the blow.

all i am trying to do now is make up my mind if i wanna go up and make both pair, or make 2 trips. in the end, i think i'll go up once and schedule appts on back to back days. that way i'll have time to think about the next pair based on what i see (materials wise)

but i am almost sure my first pair will be some kind of croc print based pair

hey...i think singledout singledout pair is the best pair out there that i have seen and it would be considered "plain" by sneaker wildness standards

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA I am rollin man

But @rawdawg34  is right - anyone would probably say my bespoke is more "plain" but I didn't want to do a "crazy color way" for my  first bespoke. 

I wanted to do something clean and simple because I wanted a pair that I could rock on the reg, why pay $1k for a pair that looks like a unicorn farted out that you only wear one day out of the year?

But I feel the vibe on doing a "crazy pair" which I would step more out of the box on my next pair....or even go more plain with an all denim un-tucked stitching so it frays....
nerd.gif

Last edited:
New (essential) iDs via IG

The shape doesn't look bad at all, IMO. I'll be opting for the Lunar sole on my design though.

Last edited:
@SingledOut  the concept behind the materials is cool.  i would change either the mud guard or the mesh toe box for contrast.  the colors are disgusting.  unless youre into the lakers. or halloween. 

On the air max lunar 1 should I go 10.5 or 11? I am 10.5 and usually go barefoot or minimal socks and I don't want the shoe to feel big. I wear 10.5 flyknit racers they are slightly snug but work. 10.5 roshes,

not bad imo, but your design is still the best from all the bespokes what i have seen
Thanks man! I still think so too 
smokin.gif

@SingledOut  the concept behind the materials is cool.  i would change either the mud guard or the mesh toe box for contrast.  the colors are disgusting.  unless youre into the lakers. or halloween. 
Exactly. Materials were a cool idea but the color way is horrendous. I don't know why people do color ways like that....but to each their own!

Last edited:
More Bespokes....not sure what to think. Obviously they don't look bad. But why make Urawa's when you can buy the real pair for cheaper? Dwayne had a killer execution on his two pairs as they both came from the idea of Back to The Future which was an awesome idea - the obvious MAGs and then the white/red Nike Court  Majestic. The MAG/McFly color way is a little played out but they look pretty dope with that swoosh I must say. 

Last edited:

More Bespokes....not sure what to think. Obviously they don't look bad. But why make Urawa's when you can buy the real pair for cheaper? Dwayne had a killer execution on his two pairs as they both came from the idea of Back to The Future which was an awesome idea - the obvious MAGs and then the white/red Nike Court  Majestic. The MAG/McFly color way is a little played out but they look pretty dope with that swoosh I must say. 

no to the ronald mcdonalds chaminade private highschool joints

def a yes on the mags. 

clean enough for me.  plus love the mini swoosh. 
bespoke: (of goods, especially clothing) made to order.

so as much as any of us say we like or dislike.  if theyre unique and made to order, theyre bespoke. 

Just came in , not bad stay tts
Not trying to be a **** but you'd have to have an obese foot to stay TTS on those. They're easily a good 1/2 length longer than regular AM1's.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a **** but you'd have to have an obese foot to stay TTS on those. They're easily a good 1/2 length longer than regular AM1's.

Longer yes, but won't going down half size make them hella narrow in width?

Back
Top Bottom