THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

ok so applied some first coats tonight, going to let them dry then do more. but this has given me an idea of what they will look like, i must say this has transformed this shoe for me:

Wow! Great job, I love it! Might be hitting you up for some custom work if you're up for it..

Wow! Great job, I love it! Might be hitting you up for some custom work if you're up for it..

Thanks man, I'll see if my work turns out satisfactory. Its all good when its your own shoes, I dunno if i'd be confident with someone elses :lol: but at the end when i post final pics if you like it enough then maybe I can help you out.

Yea im not that crazy about the Fbs either. I think if those were a low key release people wouldn't care. Id take a pair of the turqoise am1s over those thats how bad it is lol. The FBs dont move me

What does this "FB" stand for on those Mint AM1s?

Sorry for this "newbie" question..I just see it used a lot nowadays..

Saw some dude wearing Pimento's at the gym. I was drooling over them. 2 hours later, I found them on FNL and had to order. Came out to $97 with this code 111LI4KNG23 (if anyone wants it) .

So stoked to get these.. :nthat:

^^^^^ hahah its nothing like sleeping on a shoe and then seeing them in person on someone else's foot and you have that "wht was i thinkin i need those" moment. Often times for me tho the shoes are done sold out everywhere and evaporated out of retail existence 
laugh.gif

^^^^^ hahah its nothing like sleeping on a shoe and then seeing them in person on someone else's foot and you have that "wht was i thinkin i need those" moment. Often times for me tho the shoes are done sold out everywhere and evaporated out of retail existence 
laugh.gif

Yea man... Especially when they're going for $200 on ebay.. :smh:

I'm honestly not even an AM1 kind of guy.. This will be my first pair.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeX  

sup all

Can someone tell me why the 2013 Air Max are so different ?

I bought two pairs few weeks back in store and when i got home i realized they were so different.
Kept one, returning the other.

The whole toe and toe lip and completely different. They are rounded in the front, less of a point and
the toe flap doesn't come up as far. IMO Nike just ruined my favorite long running shoe.
Not only that, searching online for "Air Max or 87's is going to turn up results for this crap 
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'm so saddened >_O

The things look like boots in the front.
Yuck, wtf did nike do to these things ?

(i know first post here ^_^  i had to sign up when i found this thread)
For whatever reason the premiums, which should be better quality, have a crappier shape lately. The essentials seem to generally be better as strange as that is. I think it's airmaxsyndicate that pointed out that the shos made in china are the crappy shaped where as those made in Taiwan are ok. Not sure which Am's you bought, but that may be it?
I just check my 
[h3]  Birch/Dark Atomic Teal [/h3]
and they are made in Viatnam.

I'm sorry but Nike changed things quite a bit, i'm a little disappointed. Why change a shoe, aka airmax 87/#1, and still call it the same thing.

The whole toe box and mud guard is different. The show looks pretty good but since the toe box is now ROUND and the MUD GUARD is LOW,

it looks like a BOOT a little bit.

I'm sorry i think it completely changes the style. One of my favorite things about old-school shoes is the high mud guards.

I'm going to post pictures of the differences in the next two days.

Don't get me wrong, they look great. But now i'm taking into consideration looking for Air Max and thet NEW ones will be mixed up with the old ones. So i wont be sure what i'm getting.

I also have the 
[h1]537383 008 BLACK ANTRACITE[/h1]
.. i'm so turned off by them that i'm returning them. They aren't a horrible shoe, they just ARENT air max 1's.

I know i'm being a bit of a purist but the shape is the reason i fell in love with them !!

Last edited:
i think it will help if you send a letter to phil knight, the ceo from nike
wink.gif
I would be glad to Lolz ^_^

My point is i have been wearing these for so long, why change them. 

I know i'm being anal or a purist but seriously now ;D

was just comparing my new ones with the 
[h1]white varsity red / royal blue[/h1]

Dunno what kind of nylon is used on the iDs but a friend ordered a pair and after a few wears there is a crease line on hers and she hasn't even worn them that much.

I always stick to mesh, shame they couldn't release coloured mesh uppers for iD like back in the day again. -_____-

Lol at dudes pretending not to like the mint AM1's because A: they're hyped or B: they like them but are too cheap to pay over retail. Idgaf about no "yeezy", the color way is just nice. We'll see how many of y'all flip flop on your opinion when NDC releases them for retail. Lol clowns. There's too many ******ed stuck up Air Max elitists in this thread. Y'all need y'all own thread. Y'all don't realize how stupid some of you sound.

Anyways. Those turquoise AM1's definitely have my attention. I'm on the hunt for a size 10

Lol at dudes pretending not to like the mint AM1's because A: they're hyped or B: they like them but are too cheap to pay over retail. Idgaf about no "yeezy", the color way is just nice. We'll see how many of y'all flip flop on your opinion when NDC releases them for retail. Lol clowns. There's too many ******ed stuck up Air Max elitists in this thread. Y'all need y'all own thread. Y'all don't realize how stupid some of you sound.

Anyways. Those turquoise AM1's definitely have my attention. I'm on the hunt for a size 10
No attack to those who like the FB's but they are just awful to me. Mint green, black, and white sole? horrible combination. If the black was light grey or some white-yellow tone, it would be nice, but that colours altogether in an AM1 just don't look right to me

Only thing i don't like about the Mints from the pics ive seen is the mesh. I'll wait to see them in person tho before I make my decision

Dunno what kind of nylon is used on the iDs but a friend ordered a pair and after a few wears there is a crease line on hers and she hasn't even worn them that much.

I always stick to mesh, shame they couldn't release coloured mesh uppers for iD like back in the day again. -_____-
Anyone care to comment on the quality of the ID nylon (or other materials) ? Cant realy compare as I dont see that nike is using it in their serial releases now.

Actualy I think that nylon is used on stadium Greens/Charcoal-Sail-Medium Volt from the premium pack earlier which I coped few months ago and are still waiting for me to pick them up at friends house in Germany ... so those will crease after a few wears also I suspect. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom