THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

^thats my feelings too. down the road I know I'd be kicking myself for leaving them out there @retail. they'll give my OG's a break and they're nice for the summer as a white based shoe

You did good by getting them, Frank. I wa suprised when you passed.
I was thinking "this mofo is going to regret it months on down the road". lol.
I like mine. They are the classic pick up...granted, they really aren't all that, but still something worth having...especially for retail. I have no regrets, and have been wearing mine steadily.
I had bought the same "type" of AM1 years ago that most people shunned at the time and later wish they would have copped....and pay much more than retail years later.

What is this though? A shadow of the shoelace? I was outside for about 30 minutes, moved my shoelace and it was darker underneath. And stayed that way.

dont know if heads have gotten around to it, but i attempted to iron the toebox on the CXs.  material is hard to work with.  i did approximations with cardboard tree/tissue stuffing, then just cardboard tree, then ikea tree.  its prone to crease if you try to reshape too aggressively.  the polymer chain on these is very rigid so breaking it up with heat doesnt work as well as fabric. for some reason the left foot shoe shaped up better than the right.  the shape wasnt completely terrible to begin with, so i dont want to push the limit.  just thought id guinea pig it for y'all.  i know a few heads been inquiring about this.

this is the left foot shoe.  not much of a difference before and after but again, for the initial shape not being horrible, im okay with it. 

Last edited:
dont know if heads have gotten around to it, but i attempted to iron the toebox on the CXs.  material is hard to work with.  i did approximations with cardboard tree/tissue stuffing, then just cardboard tree, then ikea tree.  its prone to crease if you try to reshape too aggressively.  the polymer chain on these is very rigid so breaking it up with heat doesnt work as well as fabric. for some reason the left foot shoe shaped up better than the right.  the shape wasnt completely terrible to begin with, so i dont want to push the limit.  just thought id guinea pig it for y'all.  i know a few heads been inquiring about this.

this is the left foot shoe.  not much of a difference before and after but again, for the initial shape not being horrible, im okay with it. 

Thanks for that, you helped with my decision with doing it or not. Repp

Right on, be careful leaving the sun on them, I posted pics of what happened to mine. I think the color change either stopped changin as much because the spot where my lace was shadowed now changes faster and darker than all the rest. I called nike and they didnt know what so now I have a swoosh with a dark stripe on it.

Right on, be careful leaving the sun on them, I posted pics of what happened to mine. I think the color change either stopped changin as much because the spot where my lace was shadowed now changes faster and darker than all the rest. I called nike and they didnt know what so now I have a swoosh with a dark stripe on it.
so the paint will get weaker each time it gets exposed to the sun

till the point that they are so weak that they probably wouldnt change color at all

Last edited:
Thats what it seems like, sucks because it wasnt even an hour. Thinking maybe I can exchange or something if I find them at a nike store, being as that I got them of size? And dont want to spend any extra dough or time to send them back to the UK.

Thats what it seems like, sucks because it wasnt even an hour. Thinking maybe I can exchange or something if I find them at a nike store, being as that I got them of size? And dont want to spend any extra dough or time to send them back to the UK.
if you cant exchange, id try to make the whole swoosh or whole sneaker darker.  im not overly impressed with the color change anyway, so i wouldnt be heart broken if it stayed blue.  

Its weird, i think amd hit it on the head because the rest just doesnt get as dark no matter how long I leave it. I dont really want to give it up bcause they were my fathers day gift, now im afraid to even bust out the other pair knowing it might not make it through a day. First world problems, I guess.

color change shoe, but too much sun destroys it?  lol thats so contradicting if the material is really like that. 

I've worn mine outside probably 8-10 times for multiple hours at a time and have no issues like that. Perhaps you got some kind of spill on them. Something that doesn't play well with the make-up of what actually makes the color change.

No spills or nothing that would make it change darker but fade to normal. It was fine when I first got them, the color change was even. it might have been something in the laces themselves, but I have no clue. I dont think it was. The outside of the shoe does look lighter than the inside after exposure though, leading me to believe my pair is fading. If I could figure out how to make it all change to be darker I would be stoked, i would do all of it.

Last edited:
I am going to do a methodical check tomorrow in the sun with mine. To be honest, they may have a blemish or two...not sure. I haven't noticed anything, although I haven't gone over them like I did a couple weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom