THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yea length is definitely the issue. I'm not one to normally be overly picky about a perfect fit but it makes even a bigger difference in the flyknits bc the material is so loose that it bunches and folds up in areas when it's too baggy,

Yea length is definitely the issue. I'm not one to normally be overly picky about a perfect fit but it makes even a bigger difference in the flyknits bc the material is so loose that it bunches and folds up in areas when it's too baggy,
I agree - while I can't return the USAs, I'm pretty sure I'm going to just order the Patta is a half size down and then just attempt to lightly steam the USA. 

It's like when I step or apply pressure the toebox looks really weird 

I agree - while I can't return the USAs, I'm pretty sure I'm going to just order the Patta is a half size down and then just attempt to lightly steam the USA. 

It's like when I step or apply pressure the toebox looks really weird 
Exactly. I get a ripple there and one under the eyelet. They are still very comfortable but there's just too much material. My foot doesn't fill it out.

Any in hand pics of the flyknit patta design?
nerd.gif
Not yet - I think  @FrankWh1te  and I are the only two to order them and I just cancelled mine to change the size haha. So he should have his in hand really soon. 

My patta flyknits should be here on the 8th.

I'm worried about the sizing now too :/

Last edited:
My patta flyknits should be here on the 8th.

I'm worried about the sizing now too :/
I honestly might just wait until yours come in before ordering them, I highly don't think they'll suck. But just MAYBE it was the USA only pairs that suck on sizing....

It was just kind of bother me having all US11 flyknits and then one US10.5 haha but if it fits better I won't complain. 

Didn't see it listed or not so are these after ironing the shoe? Did they have a shoe tree in them when you took the pic?

The shoe in the left is the one I worked, the right shoe is untouched.

No ironing, just working the toe area with my hands and adding if a few strategic bends/complete squishes of the shoe. A shoe tree is in the one I worked in the picture, but it does hold its shape well now without the tree and when on foot. Still undecided if I'm keeping them. I'm much more happy with the corrected shape though.

Last edited:
The steaming was super easy,it doesnt take much. Probably about 30 seconds hitting it moving the whole time back and forth over the cap. I threw a shoe tree in it while I was steaming and threw it on foot asap. Took it down smooth immediately, was super stoked to see how easy it actually was. It is the same process as the original flyknits posted on the youtube. Big ups to theCheef and Lou39 from a couple of pages back who gave me the courage to do it. I really am starting to think they are unfinished until you steam it to mold down to your foot, from every single pair i have seen online or in store. It just fits to perfect and is too easy to do.

Last edited:
And i just used my iron on the steam setting being careful not to drip any water on it holding it above the shoe. Dont do above anything you think might get damaged by the moisture if you have to do it this way, or when your shooting hot steam at anything for that matter. And depending on how tight you like them is dependent on what socks you wear when you throw them on directly after. If you throw on snowboard socks they will be a little looser than if you throw them on your bare feet.

Last edited:
The steaming was super easy,it doesnt take much. Probably about 30 seconds hitting it moving the whole time back and forth over the cap. I threw a shoe tree in it while I was steaming and threw it on foot asap. Took it down smooth immediately, was super stoked to see how easy it actually was. It is the same process as the original flyknits posted on the youtube. Big ups to theCheef and Lou39 from a couple of pages back who gave me the courage to do it. I really am starting to think they are unfinished until you steam it to mold down to your foot, from every single pair i have seen online or in store. It just fits to perfect and is too easy to do.
Awesome - i'm going to give it a go today I think...I probably shouldn't have cancelled the Pattas. But on the bright side they gave me a 20% off code when I only used a 10% off one for my original order so I'll get them for even cheaper haha.

Do you find it being a big difference when you actually wear them now and apply pressure? Like its not all bunched up anymore

They still have the same give, they just fit like a glove now. compared to
But did they feel a lot tighter and not as comfortable? The comfort is there for me, I honestly don't mind my Oreos at all....the iDs just have a TON of extra space.

They felt tighter, but not to the point where i wont do every pair i get. I wear no show socks/thin socks with these and so i threw on thicker socks than usual after i steamed them, and now with the give in the flyknit they feel fine. But look a lot better without the bulge out of the mudguard.

Not constricting tight, just not extra material, i could stack two sets of toes loose.

Last edited:
Those look really good. Is there a youtube video showing someone steaming them. I wan to do mine now but dont want to mess them up.

I couldnt find any other videos than the lunar1's, but basically i just hit em with steam and threw them on. It legit took two minutes, if that. Thinking i might do the others and post a vid later today if it helps.

I couldnt find any other videos than the lunar1's, but basically i just hit em with steam and threw them on. It legit took two minutes, if that. Thinking i might do the others and post a vid later today if it helps.
Post a vid, I wouldn't mind seeing your process although it doesn't sound like rocket science haha

This is the video that helped me out when I steamed my id's.

I was surprised by how easy the process was, you can literally see the flyknit material tighten up within seconds of hitting it with the steam. I only hit the toe box for about 10 seconds each and worked great.

Me too. But ill still try to get one wheni get home tonight. Thanks again Lou39! You rock!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom