THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

4AB3867A-5A4F-4905-800C-3E2C252A8B36.png

Speaking of exclusive pairs, anyone in here happen to pick these up a few days ago? They were DS, Sz 10. Sold for $650
Sheesh. @singledout plugged me omna pair recently in vvvnds for $275 shipped haha

damn, that’s a nice oop man. $275 is great compared to what I’ve seen on eBay

I lurk in here just to get the knowledge from some of you guys and I figured these were a tad bit high but couldn’t imagine them sitting for long.

That seems a good sign if KC put the preorder price at retail. I take my chances getting it when it drops in states.

Out of curiosity, why do some of you guys wait on the us release date instead of jumping on the opportunity of pre order through a kicks crew or kix files and guarantee a pair? Seems like everyone’s all in on the obsidians, why not secure a pair ASAP instead of scrambling? Local support? Fear of buying overseas? Someone educate me please.

Out of curiosity, why do some of you guys wait on the us release date instead of jumping on the opportunity of pre order through a kicks crew or kix files and guarantee a pair? Seems like everyone’s all in on the obsidians, why not secure a pair ASAP instead of scrambling? Local support? Fear of buying overseas? Someone educate me please.

for me it's because i'm a 'frugal' sneakerhead....why pay more than retail -- i only commit to a pre-order premium price if i know there is no way i can pick up at retail (ie - the day i took my GREs I knew I couldn't cop so did a pre-order).

for me it's because i'm a 'frugal' sneakerhead....why pay more than retail -- i only commit to a pre-order premium price if i know there is no way i can pick up at retail (ie - the day i took my GREs I knew I couldn't cop so did a pre-order).
Kicks Crew has them at $140 and they had free shipping. $140 is retail and no tax. With Nike you pay tax. With a local you pay tax. I pay $149.80 through Nike or my local. It was $140 flat shipped from KC. $9.80 is whatever but saving a couple bucks AND securing a pair early was the play for me.

For me it's easy - two main reasons
  1. I have to pay customs/duties on all international orders so I'm paying more with pre-orders no matter what
  2. I like buying multiple pairs and sourcing for good QC pairs. I'm not anal but my last 3 royal 1s came with holes in the mudguard and i like buying in situations where returns are possible.

I am just being skeptical buying from asian sites. It's just me. Im sure I can score a pair from one of US boutiques here.

Makes sense, I didn’t think about customs fees as I’ve never had to deal with them. I usually will go for it first chance I get and then try and double/triple up from Nike or whatever. Than return the bad apples.

I like buying multiple pairs and sourcing for good QC pairs. I'm not anal but my last 3 royal 1s came with holes in the mudguard and i like buying in situations where returns are possible.

This. I bought two pairs of reds and returned one to Nike because it looked like it still had cliff toe.

For anyone that bleached their denim’s, can you explain the steps you used? I know people said 50/50 bleach to water, but did you have to do it multiple times and how long did you wait if so?

Fear of buying overseas for me.

Isnt KicksCrew a reseller? I have nothing against them but I prefer to go the resale route as a last resort. I just prefer getting them from the brand itself or an actual retail shop

For anyone that bleached their denim’s, can you explain the steps you used? I know people said 50/50 bleach to water, but did you have to do it multiple times and how long did you wait if so?
I did my pair in an unconventional way. I filled a bucket up with bleach and water (60/40) and soaked them then I scrubbed them with bleach and water (60/40). I'm going to bleach them again with more bleach and less water to lighten them up some more. Here goes a couple pics
Screenshot_20171129-203421.png
Screenshot_20171129-203440.png

Simple. My feet are too big for Asian sites.

Back
Top Bottom