THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

All of these designs are trash and compared to this Screenshot (14).png they all look like kids trying to do what professionals do without even trying. It mustve been a landslide.

The only other halfway interesting design is Screenshot (3).png but she tried way too hard and doesnt seem to quite 'get it'. This is what I expect to see out of someone who is an 'artist' because their husband makes enough money for them to be one. Not that I know this lady's story, thats just the impression i get. If she had a thorough eye for design she wouldve taken her style further and accentuated it with this sole ooke5x0rqeiazo6e1bde.jpg and not the common obvious use of the 90. It wouldve matched up well with that **** she has going on with the toe area. But all that going on with the heel is too much. Erase that or do something better with it.

Anyway, my point is the Neckbeards didnt need any edits. Its an effortless, unique and classic design right out of the gate.

I cant wait to see whats coming for next year's vote. Im not sure how these designs are chosen to vote for but Nike needs to do a better job with competition. The other guys last year clearly didnt stand a chance. The drop off is laughable.

The competition this year is completely different, and in my slightly-biased opinion better than last year.

Instead of a bunch of "revolutionairs" that Nike asked to design those ones you posted, they're doing it with the public. They're hosting the "On Air" workshop in five different cities, and each city has something like 100 applicants doing their own design inspired by the city on a current silhouette, instead of having a bunch of hybrids. Then 3 designs from each city are selected by a panel of judges at Nike to be voted on by the public, with the winner in each city getting their shoe produced for next year. This year's competition is way more "personal" I think, especially since some of the designs from last year were worked on by a full team of creatives (like the 1/97), and this year, it's mostly regular folk (like myself) without an actual team, drawing inspiration from our own experiences.

The competition this year is completely different, and in my slightly-biased opinion better than last year.

Instead of a bunch of "revolutionairs" that Nike asked to design those ones you posted, they're doing it with the public. They're hosting the "On Air" workshop in five different cities, and each city has something like 100 applicants doing their own design inspired by the city on a current silhouette, instead of having a bunch of hybrids. Then 3 designs from each city are selected by a panel of judges at Nike to be voted on by the public, with the winner in each city getting their shoe produced for next year. This year's competition is way more "personal" I think, especially since some of the designs from last year were worked on by a full team of creatives (like the 1/97), and this year, it's mostly regular folk (like myself) without an actual team, drawing inspiration from our own experiences.
That sounds amazing. I hope this is the way forward for them. They should do different cities every year. Potentially getting a taste of flavors from around the world, instead of the same old NY, Paris, London blah blah.

I also like the omission of the Nike design team, although I was under the impression the SW was done by him alone.

Misinformation is everywhere. Thanks for the knowledge.

were they 10 of his people like Kanye or 10 Nike designers? And at what point did they get involved in the process? Were they involved with those other trash pairs? It led me to believe it was a handful of people who got asked to come up with something and so they did.

There was a video on SNKRS...about 4 minutes of Sean describing the creative process with the heads.

Edit: Homie above me just posted lol.

fair enough

I kept passing on that vid in the suggestions because i dont want the guys life story but i guess I should just do it

So it sounds like the 10 heads are the designed by the community aspect. Its 10 heads Sean chose to work with.

I wish one of them wouldve thought to delete that heel tab. Its my only dislike about the shoe. It makes the back look like bowling shoes. Stitching the lines together in the back without a tab there wouldve looked dope. Just a continuous set of rings circling the shoe like saturn.

*edit* My pair has just arrived in town, about to be delivered. It feels like a holiday. I wasnt even sure they were getting shipped then all of a sudden I got charged and got tracking info. Only thing left in the way is catching the UPS man before he tries to deliver to my old apt across the hall and problems ensue due to Nike using my old address on the label. Its going to be a long and awkward day.

Last edited:
Bred toes resell like $290 and Gold toes are about $250 so fair trade for the most part

But if he’s your friend and got 2 just maybe one AJ1 and cash on top or lunch. But that’s a hit over the head imo.

For one you’re tryna get these during the most hyped time of the year. I’m almost certain these will fizzle just a bit to maybe low to mid 4s.

On the other hand, AJ1s jump overnight always for desired colorways. See Chicago, Blk Toes, SBB 1.0 2.0. In time I’m certain the Bred Toes and Game Royals will be a straight up trade even if Wotherspoons hold value.

It’s fair now, but it won’t be later Mark my words. Now if you want the SW’s that bad then do it.

But if he’s your friend and got 2 just maybe one AJ1 and cash on top or lunch. But that’s a hit over the head imo.

For one you’re tryna get these during the most hyped time of the year. I’m almost certain these will fizzle just a bit to maybe low to mid 4s.

On the other hand, AJ1s jump overnight always for desired colorways. See Chicago, Blk Toes, SBB 1.0 2.0. In time I’m certain the Bred Toes and Game Royals will be a straight up trade even if Wotherspoons hold value.

It’s fair now, but it won’t be later Mark my words. Now if you want the SW’s that bad then do it.
I disagree about Game Royals. There's just something about them that make me feel like they won't jump. Bred Toes on the other hand...

This is somewhat true, he was leading #1 for a good amount of time. I think Artemy had a very good chance of winning, but SW had better "marketing"

Those are just an all black AM87/VM tbh.
That design never really appealed to me when voting and maybe if he had chose a color other than black. I'd be a fan.
You see any other shoe with the SW colors and you'd be like "Oh those look like the SW!" He basically made those colors his own.

Perfect timing for this

53662D0B-1B1A-4991-A68F-67809FD738F0.png

Not sure how accurate it is about the increase in voting prior to final day but Nike has been running with the AM97/VM hybrid
These are hard. It's where all my votes went

These definitely were the favorite up until the last day or 2. If I'm not mistaken SW was in like 3rd place for a lot of the time.

Hey guys! I want a new pair of air max 1, but struggle to find the colors I want. I generel what I want is white/navy, or something similar, but I cant seem to find the right kind. The ideal type is the one I found in a video on youtube, but I cant seem to find that one. Either the shoes got some red details (eyestay and outsole), or its only a female model, or the heel is white, while the whole heel is blue/navy in the pair I found in the video. The most similar I found was this, but the problem is that the blue is too dark, almost black. Then I found this, which is really nice, almost perfect (except heel is only partly blue/navy), but this model only seem to exist for women. Getting the same model for men there is this red details that dont really make it for me.

Can someone help me?

Attachments

• am4.jpg
    am4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • am2.jpg
    am2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 6
Nike was never going to make anything but the neckbeards. Why would they spend all that money on new molds when they already had everything to make the 97/1.

Back
Top Bottom