THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Bespokes happening tomorrow.
Wish
Me
Luck
Oh yeah.
986A6476-B664-4B15-A531-37DF2E4C0372.jpeg

I think the Susans look kind of cool. I was very puzzled as to why Nike would be making a limited edition sneaker for a somewhat obscure yet big budget children’s movie. I looked deeper and realize that Phil Knight’s son, Travis is producer. Then I see he was animator on Coraline too, another Nike Air Max limited edition. Not sure how I feel about these Nepotism AM1 joints now, the only reason they exist is the founder / Chairman Emeritus son gets some free promo for his projects. Nike makes no mention of this connection anywhere. This isn’t a Space Jam type monster tie in. What you all think?
I honestly don't care about the movie connection. I think it's a cool looking shoe with awesome materials. Not something I'll wear but it'll be a nice collection piece. The movie part means nothing to me.

I think the Susans look kind of cool. I was very puzzled as to why Nike would be making a limited edition sneaker for a somewhat obscure yet big budget children’s movie. I looked deeper and realize that Phil Knight’s son, Travis is producer. Then I see he was animator on Coraline too, another Nike Air Max limited edition. Not sure how I feel about these Nepotism AM1 joints now, the only reason they exist is the founder / Chairman Emeritus son gets some free promo for his projects. Nike makes no mention of this connection anywhere. This isn’t a Space Jam type monster tie in. What you all think?
You didn't look deep enough Phil Knight is an investor in Laika, and Nike has done some sort of release for all their movies...and most of them have been given away not sold

You didn't look deep enough Phil Knight is an investor in Laika, and Nike has done some sort of release for all their movies...and most of them have been given away not sold

Exactly - also the tie between Wieden+Kennedy, Nike’s longtime ad agency, and Laika

44AC26F1-5611-4E60-BA76-26FA96C9252A.jpeg
As an avid golfer I love to see the crossover from lifestyle to sport taking place recently. The quality in these looks solid and if anyone can has a connection for a size 12 I will pay for the assist or return the favor on other releases.

Back
Top Bottom