THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I would strip the outsole and apply to a fresh midsole. You'd have to beat them to death for the outsoles not to be re-usable. This is probably the best practice regardless tbh, they fit the original shoe the best.
Last resort you could source a white outsole and there are specific types of paint that can be used to stain that type of rubber material permanently. Recreate the blocking on the original. Obviously would be quite a challenge though.
I think he was asking about finding a donor midsole with the same air bubble as the Cherrywoods.

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE do you know of one?

I think he was asking about finding a donor midsole with the same air bubble as the Cherrywoods.

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE do you know of one?
Yeah the bubble is another challenge but it's doable even if you can;t get the exact color you'll find something close.

Never considered this possible.. Not up to date on what's achievable restoration wise..
If you take a close look at an outsole you can sort of see that it's painted or dyed from a blank white rubber sole in some way at the factory level.
IMG_0069.jpeg

I think about this.. Because the split sole and air bag colour is so hard to compromise on, I had considered ordering a bespoke to replicate 1:1 in case they did eventually (god forbid) join the crumble crew.. What donor would you use for Cherrywoods?? See pic below.. The bubbles on mine are like new, but my Chloros are misting bad, which is odd considering there is hardly any time between them in production..
IMG_4888.JPG

Also copped these yesterday.. Tongue piping and split sole on a GR is all good..
IMG_4890.JPG
Can't you separate missions and outsole as well? I'm sure you will have a photo blue bubble to choose from at some point. I know it's not the same, but close enough?

IThe bubbles on mine are like new, but my Chloros are misting bad, which is odd considering there is hardly any time between them in production..
IMG_4888.JPG
Best and easiest solution to clear up the air bubble fogging through my experience is to blow dry it with a hair dryer. Make sure it's in LOW setting and keep the blow dryer at least 6-8 inches from the bubble while drying. If it's on high setting and you're drying too close to the bubble, it will cause the air bags to soften up and eventually mess up its rigidity.

Blow dry until you see the fogging disappear. When done, leave the shoes out of the box for several days then store in a cool room. Repeat as necessary, but from my past experience doing this to OG Jordans from the 90's, the fogging would only come back several months later if I didn't consistently take the shoes out of the box every month to let them breathe fresh air.

Wow just had the sneaker gods bless me today. Mind you I never have things like this happen to me plus I never really enter Marshall's like that, but I was at home depot with my brother helping him haul some stuff, we decided to enter the Marshall's across the street and just as I was telling him about those crazy stories about people finding frags etc... I spot these beauties, my jaw dropped, we both looked at each other like wtf. I grabbed all 3 pairs they had. since two are bae sized ima give one to my niece, and nephew, and the huge one I'm gonna sell and get a pair in my size. Sorry about the water mark guys I usually never do that but I know these kind of pics spread like wildfire so it's just a preventative measure.

salt_20190526_193911_083.jpg

Still kicking myself for passing on these this winter when they were on sale.
If anyone wants to part with their 11/11.5 for a decent price get at me. Also looking for a pair of the Atmos "we love nike" AM1s in the same size

Still kicking myself for passing on these this winter when they were on sale.
If anyone wants to part with their 11/11.5 for a decent price get at me. Also looking for a pair of the Atmos "we love nike" AM1s in the same size

The We Love Nike AM1s are $80 in sz 11 on StockX! Jump on 'em - they're great!

UnDS today

20190523_152050.jpg

$69 well spent

Back
Top Bottom