THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Even if they were trimmed at the seams, the shoes wouldn't look much better. The way the fabric is stiched from the top and overlapping materials kills any hope for the shoe.
Trimming would knock out the overlapping draping look imo. Basically make the shoe like the regular version with the raw materials and reinforced stitching and it would be much better

Kinda like what Adidas did with these a while ago?

Attachments

• adidas-element-refine-tricot-white-clear-grey-black-2.jpg
    adidas-element-refine-tricot-white-clear-grey-black-2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 22
Im just waiting for this
Nike-Air-Max-1-DNA-CH.1-1.jpg
the only model that is worth from nike this year, imo if nike had dropped this one on air max day it would have been a big hit. Hopefully the quality will be on point and easy cop.
I've come to the conclusion that i have way too much shoes and cant even wear them all, and what i just need now at my age as sneakers is simply one pair of each iconic OG model of my generation (air max 1 OG red / royal, 95 neon, 90 infrared, 97 silver bullet ) nothing more.

Trimming would knock out the overlapping draping look imo. Basically make the shoe like the regular version with the raw materials and reinforced stitching and it would be much better

Nike-Air-Max-1-Inside-Out-858876-713-Release-Date-Price.jpg

I can envision what you're talking about...except for these specific points.

On a side note: A similar colorway on a regular AM1 might not look too bad.

Hi,

I was wondering what storage solutions everyone is using? I've just moved in with my fiancee after having our first baby together. I've decided to switch things up as he currently doesn't need a room I'm using it to store my collection. I'm using some shelves from Amazon which are fairly cheap but do the job. My concern is storing them in a room in the open air it is possible that it may age them.

If you could share some of your experiences with open air/shelved storage vs keeping them boxed I would appreciate it. Thanks
1560960868586446131521930991094.jpg

exposing shoes to sunlight for prolonged periods of time will cause the colors to fade unnaturally

Looks like your selves are directly next to a sun facing window.

could just be the lighting in the room but I’ve always preferred box/darkness storage > out and displayed.

I keep all of mine in the box. I remove the paper however to avoid any staining. That collection of air max 1s is LEGIT!

exposing shoes to sunlight for prolonged periods of time will cause the colors to fade unnaturally

Looks like your selves are directly next to a sun facing window.

could just be the lighting in the room but I’ve always preferred box/darkness storage > out and displayed.

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm in the uk other than summer usually it's quite grey. I was planning on installing a blind so sun exposure will be kept to a minimum. I decided to switch things up as I was having anxiety over what I would wear in the morning and found myself going to the same pairs.

I keep all of mine in the box. I remove the paper however to avoid any staining. That collection of air max 1s is LEGIT!

Thanks brother. It's taken a while to appreciate the 1 as a model and build it up. Much of my years collecting I preferred 90s and Jordans over 1s. But as I approach my 40s Jordans are becoming less comfortable. Also with the 1 there are more classic colourways (maybe due to less panels/overlays in comparison to a 90)

i have a rented storage space what cost me 35 euro every month and at home i have around the 50 pairs that i just keep in their boxes

Thanks. That might be something to consider. I'll definitely be keep the more desirable pairs in boxes. It's hard because obviously you can't actually know what difference is one way vs another.

It's hard now as I've actually seen them up I really feel I can take pride in what I have.

Hi,

I was wondering what storage solutions everyone is using? I've just moved in with my fiancee after having our first baby together. I've decided to switch things up as he currently doesn't need a room I'm using it to store my collection. I'm using some shelves from Amazon which are fairly cheap but do the job. My concern is storing them in a room in the open air it is possible that it may age them.

If you could share some of your experiences with open air/shelved storage vs keeping them boxed I would appreciate it. Thanks
1560960868586446131521930991094.jpg
I currently keep my most prized pairs in those clear Container Store boxes, but that can get pricey and take up a lot of space. I've been thinking about building custom shelves/cabinets with glass doors. I haven't seen many setups like that.

I currently keep my most prized pairs in those clear Container Store boxes, but that can get pricey and take up a lot of space. I've been thinking about building custom shelves/cabinets with glass doors. I haven't seen many setups like that.
This set up is only temporary as we might be expanding once we remortgage and little man is less little.

The shelves are on Amazon for cheap though if you wanted to do the same. But personally if your looking at something more secure and long term Tiffany Beers (co-creator of the functional air mag) has a good set up

Also I was thinking of getting some ikea bookshelves and buy additional shelves which would be a lot more sturdy than what I've bought.

Anyone have the Tokyo Maze? Are they uncomfortable at all? The upper material looks very stiff and rigid so that's why I was wondering.

Back
Top Bottom