THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

image.jpg
What AM1 did yall wear today?
I wore Independence Day 95s so I can't post them in here.
I wore these but it’s gym time so I’m wearing Jordan 4s now.

I wore my air max 90 side b's. I feel super blessed to have copped. Especially as in the uk we haven't got a lot of the more recent AM1's such as the have a nike days, inside outs, swipas etc
I'm salty I missed out on those side b's

I have seen 1 pair on ebay above a uk size 9 and it was gone fast. As far as I can see now there are smaller sizes available on ebay in the uk and some resale prices aren't too bad

Nike does what Nike always does, chief-they listened to their revenue.

They need that sweet sweet liberal cash from Kap-supporters and they figured the MAGA crowd was too busy buying their clothes at K-Mart and Family Dollar and wearing New Balance sneakers to significantly hurt their bottom-line. So they then make the conscious decision to axe the AM1 release but I’m sure they put a lot of thought into the sales implications of this decision. By potentially alienating the Kap-supporter demographic, they are hurting their sales far more than if they released these and started a social media s**tstorm (regardless if you think the Betsy Ross flag is appropriate-perception is everything these days).
Nike does what Nike always does, chief-they listened to their revenue.

They need that sweet sweet liberal cash from Kap-supporters and they figured the MAGA crowd was too busy buying their clothes at K-Mart and Family Dollar and wearing New Balance sneakers to significantly hurt their bottom-line. So they then make the conscious decision to axe the AM1 release but I’m sure they put a lot of thought into the sales implications of this decision. By potentially alienating the Kap-supporter demographic, they are hurting their sales far more than if they released these and started a social media s**tstorm (regardless if you think the Betsy Ross flag is appropriate-perception is everything these days).
I agree with you! Great post

I was finally able to grab these at a somewhat decent price in a size 12. Loved em from the first time I saw them as they remind me of the 09’ qs blues that I went through about 6 pairs of.
3C6AEC55-09A3-4E63-B0B6-E96D98811EB6.jpeg

Wmns sz 12 collection complete now. Theess will be unicorns in a few years.
B7D47875-4A1C-45C4-8215-36BC165ADCA1.jpeg

1A67F143-B350-4C22-A83B-583EECCE773F.jpeg

This story ran on my local news. I didn't forsee this picking up this much steam and running on every news out out there.

Same..just hopped in here out of curiosity. Didn’t know it was this hot. Yikes...wish I knew they was going to pull them. Stuff like that usually is worth a pretty penny in the future.

Same..just hopped in here out of curiosity. Didn’t know it was this hot. Yikes...wish I knew they was going to pull them. Stuff like that usually is worth a pretty penny in the future.

People ITT said basically every pair purchased from Nike retailers was cancelled. Those early pairs that were going for $500+ a few days ago on StockX/GOAT are going to be worth a ton though.

I’m personally glad Nike had the courage to pull them. If you have the opportunity to not offend a group of people, by withdrawing product that was never for sale, why wouldn’t you?! It doesn’t matter how trivial sneaker enthusiast believe the underlying issue is. Shoes didn’t appear to be that well made anyway. This is coming from someone who wanted them based on initial pictures.

Nicest pair of am1 in a while cancelled due to one of the biggest reaches in a while. The same logic can apply to the current flag. This country is going nowhere fast

What logic would that be? As far as I know theres been no official statement regarding the logic behind canceling it.

I’m personally glad Nike had the courage to pull them. If you have the opportunity to not offend a group of people, by withdrawing product that was never for sale, why wouldn’t you?! It doesn’t matter how trivial sneaker enthusiast believe the underlying issue is. Shoes didn’t appear to be that well made anyway. This is coming from someone who wanted them based on initial pictures.

Courage? :lol: They're a company that wants to avoid backlash. I think you mean more like "Nike was smart."

Back
Top Bottom