THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

because of Air Randy IYKYK
oh man... haven't heard anyone bring up that name in a while. I remember all of those PE's and samples from that time

Why did we start using alternate terms for fakes?

I feel like people just started using alternate terms to make themselves feel better about it or make them seem somewhat legit. The best one was "unauthorized authentic" :rofl:

Screenshot_20211011-191610_Instagram.jpg
When are the blue releasing?

Ahhhh... I see. Fakes. I get it now.

The scary part is, you login one morning and everybody just... switched... overnight?
I think the first time I heard this term was after the 2012 Jordan 6 Olympic retro release when this youtuber, Sneakgeeks, had an early pair but it was found out he had fakes. He was notorious for early release pairs and people started to speculate he had fakes. Then over time people started using the term unauthorized, yadda yadda yadda.

Fakes, reps, UA... They're all fake in my humble opinion
It's not really an opinion, it's technically/legally a fact. If there's a marketplace product and anyone else makes a replication of that product, then they're 'fakes' (as only the original version created by the original creator (brand/enterprise) is authentic). There is obviously a spectrum of 'fakes', from really bad (ie bad likeliness to original in terms of materials, quality... etc.) to well done replications. However, they're all fakes - no ifs or buts about it. People creating customs and/or bespokes aren't creating 'fake' specific products (usually) as they tend to not create exact replicates of original products. They are, however, creating 'fake' Nike (or whatever other brand/enterprise) products. Meaning if someone (other than Nike) makes a bespoke 'Air Max 1', then it's simply that artists approximation of an 'Air Max 1'. It's not an actual 'Air Max 1' and not a Nike product - regardless of whether authentic Nike elements were used.

Swear I saw somewhere a pic of the new Pattas with OG red mudguard, baby blue swoosh and brown details, they looked incredible but can't find them anywhere?!?!

Back
Top Bottom