THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Man, all these talks of downsizing making me depressed lol.
I have 350+ pairs from way back in ‘99 (first bred4 retro). Question is, how do you sell shoes that are non-DS? Most of my pairs only have 5-7 wears
Speaking from experience, I've never had any issues selling my worn pairs through GOAT. Used to sell my shoes through eBay, but GOAT just made it easier for me.

and I know a lot of you own way more heat than I ever did, so I 'm sure your lightly worn shoes will still net you good money.

finally broke these out on the first day of winter. definitely my favorite release of ‘22.

0CE2E76B-6C34-4A82-82D2-B84A7179CB06.jpeg

75CA610A-5ADB-4079-BD59-6C0A55F47B14.jpeg

Speaking from experience, I've never had any issues selling my worn pairs through GOAT. Used to sell my shoes through eBay, but GOAT just made it easier for me.

and I know a lot of you own way more heat than I ever did, so I 'm sure your lightly worn shoes will still net you good money.
Couldn’t agree more. Goat all the way for selling used pairs.

…Learned that the real true way to not fall for their tactics is also the hardest way: staying away from looking at shoes. Away from the forums, the online stores, IG, etc.
This part.

Was in a discord a year so ago. Was copping shoes literally every day. Said to myself, “This has to change.” At the time, was building a house and realized I was mainly buying kicks out of boredom.

Decided to leave the discord. Only go for what I like/will wear now. Have 3 cops that I kept from this year; got one more purchase for 2022 planned. 1 shoe kept per quarter is my rule now. Feels good :D.

Yep exactly. A few months ago, I was telling my friend to look at SNKRS and see how there were 4-5 shoes release EVERYDAY from Tuesday to Saturday. That is wild as hell. I totally forgot it used to be a few shoes every Friday or Saturday and that was it.

Learned that the real true way to not fall for their tactics is also the hardest way: staying away from looking at shoes. Away from the forums, the online stores, IG, etc.
They're capitalizing off of our interests which I understand but doesn't make it easier on us. A collab releasing this Friday and then another next Tuesday and the Friday and Wednesday after two others but only through draw. SMH

Man, all these talks of downsizing making me depressed lol.
I have 350+ pairs from way back in ‘99 (first bred4 retro). Question is, how do you sell shoes that are non-DS? Most of my pairs only have 5-7 wears
You'll be fine, eBay is the best for unloading the non-DS

Hats Off To Ya’ll Able To Break The Cycle :nthat:

I’m Still In The Accumulation Stage And Have Had A Hard Time Letting Go Personally :lol:

My Collection’s Been In Boxes A Year Now Until I Can Get Around To Building Out My Sneaker Room At The New House. In That Same Year I’ve Added A Bunch More Too! :smh:

All this talk of cutting down is helpful to me, I've currently got over 200 pairs, and would be happy to get down to half that, then assess and likely cut in half again. Thank you all for the inspiration!
It's all I think about now when I buy shoes, the buyer's remorse hits harder and harder as I get older. Nike, NB, Adidas, you name it, they're trying to fight against that and feed the greed. I love sneakers, always have and always will but for me, I have to be more tactical about my choices.

I do need to sell a big chunk and really start holding myself to my “limits” :lol:.

I’ve been trying to bring 1 in and send 1 or 2 out, but I’ll get “distracted” and stop the second half of the process, from time to time.

But, I’ve been better (more picky) about pairs I do cop, mostly with Nike’s help :emoji_upside_down:. But loving other brands/models doesn’t help either lol.

This part.

Was in a discord a year so ago. Was copping shoes literally every day. Said to myself, “This has to change.” At the time, was building a house and realized I was mainly buying kicks out of boredom.

Decided to leave the discord. Only go for what I like/will wear now. Have 3 cops that I kept from this year; got one more purchase for 2022 planned. 1 shoe kept per quarter is my rule now. Feels good :D.
I'm the same way....I'm limiting mine to 1 per quarter and it's crazy I realized the same thing, only buying them out of boredom. When you have discretionary income, it can be dangerous and lead to spending out of boredom or trying to fulfill something else that we have that's a void. But the same goes for everything else in life, we get bored and we spend or we eat when we don't need to...etc.

I'm the same way....I'm limiting mine to 1 per quarter and it's crazy I realized the same thing, only buying them out of boredom. When you have discretionary income, it can be dangerous and lead to spending out of boredom or trying to fulfill something else that we have that's a void. But the same goes for everything else in life, we get bored and we spend or we eat when we don't need to...etc.
Why not buy a dope shoe, get that feeling of copping and then donating to kids who can’t afford them or in a boys home. If you have that income and want to turn it into something positive.

Why not buy a dope shoe, get that feeling of copping and then donating to kids who can’t afford them or in a boys home. If you have that income and want to turn it into something positive.
That's a good idea....it's crazy but I had a lot of AM1's and it was the boredom that got me into other brands and that didn't help. Boredom is sneaky and it'll leave us in a position to do things we might not have wanted to sometimes. But you're right....

Definitely easier said than done but when it’s done it definitely feels good to give a kid a pair he never would have cuz we all know how good that makes us feel to wear some nice fresh pair of kicks. How much more for those who can’t get em and most def grew up with low self worth.

Back
Top Bottom