THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

For me it's more the shape and angle of the mudguard. When it's at a steep slope and gets skinny, I don't like it. I like the 2017 version that's more straight across.

1676656184064.png

1676656195747.png

Yeah I see what you mean. Definitely some discrepancies.

Maybe there are LN3 and LN4 QC issues?........ Shout-out to the AJ3 Fire Red and White Cement threads. Volume: Higher mudguard vs. lower mudguard.

Need to see better pictures but as of now they are in the 3.26 Ultra category and I didn't buy a single pair of those. If 2017 didn't exist then I'd probably break down but if the mudguard has that huge slope and the midsole has no texture, y'all can have em.

Been beating my anniversaries into the ground in anticipation for this release. Thankfuly still have a DS pair on ice. Probably gonna cop a pair of the big bubbles but definitely disappointed in the latest pics. Guess I should have known, if nike could have effectively pulled off og big bubble look they would have been done it by now. Not sure what the issue is but they really struggle recreating the look and shape of their own damn shoes.

Exactly what I was waiting for :pimp:. They look pretty damn good. Let’s hope the polyurethane has some give.

This is a must. They did that real well with the AM90 post-2019 models.

Question for everyone: would you guys change your mind if the end result is a bad shape while the comfort is significantly improved?

This is a must. They did that real well with the AM90 post-2019 models.

Question for everyone: would you guys change your mind if the end result is a bad shape while the comfort is significantly improved?
Nope. If I wanted comfort I would have quit wearing am1 a long time ago. I have Epic Reacts for when I want comfort. Or even am1 flyknits with the Ultra sole.

I can think of some original 1985 dunks that are really bad. They recently retro'd that shape as like the '85 dunk and I think they suck. Back in the 70s and 80s, a lot of nike runners were really flimsy and inconsistent. Waffle sole types. I have the nike chronicle deluxe book in front of me as I type this.

I wouldn't say OG shapes are pretty bad, but when Nike's gone back into the archives for shoes like the tinker sketch jordan 3s, air max zero, or the union jordan 4 which was based on OG sketches, I think it's pretty evident why they weren't released that way :lol: great stories but ugly products. Back to the am1, the majority of am1s more resemble the 1987 shape. We all know that the 2017 revamp was inspired by early/mid 2000s models, but let's not forget the late 90's retros, too. Leathers, grey mini swooshes from like 98 or 99. Those are definitely their own shape but more aligned with 1987 than 86. It is very silly to like something because of how it was vs what it is IMO

Back
Top Bottom