THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

All it took was some big bubbles to tear this thread apart
Ain't that what usually tears apart the homies?

fight-fighting.gif

My Golf 86's just arrived. I ordered them purely out of curiosity and I'm unexpectedly pleased. I'll wear them to work today and post some feedback.

What I can say is the shoe is nice on its own merit. I'll rock these without issue and keep the BB's on ice in the meantime.

My Golf 86's just arrived. I ordered them purely out of curiosity and I'm unexpectedly pleased. I'll wear them to work today and post some feedback.

What I can say is the shoe is nice on its own merit. I'll rock these without issue and keep the BB's on ice in the meantime.

Are the materials different? Does it feel like you're walking on cleats?

Nike FINALLY did a good job of telling a proper story the right way for a retro release. No gimmicks. Although I would prefer the "reimagined"/"lost and found" treatment on these over the AJ3s. Rather that than golf version too.
Don’t leave out the Infrared 90. Nike did an excellent job with that history, process of recreation, and final execution. That shoe and the BB should be the bar for proper retros. Really wish I had bought two pairs of the 90s.

Don’t leave out the Infrared 90. Nike did an excellent job with that history, process of recreation, and final execution. That shoe and the BB should be the bar for proper retros. Really wish I had bought two pairs of the 90s.
I just wish Nike would apply these recrafted molds to all releases. Why go through all that effort for just the OG colorways and keep giving us inferior outsole molds on grs?

I'm not changing anything. I'm not a huge fan of it, doubt I ever wear it. But it's an og red so I'm going to buy it. Is that weird? Hell yea, I know that. I have 1999 og reds that would crumble if I tried to wear them but I still have them. I have 2003 Infrared big bubbles still ds. idk why people care so much who buys what. I have lots of pairs I'll never wear. Sorry that bothers some.

You basically just aren’t a huge fan of Tinker’s design. That’s cool.

Facts but, the shape was what a lot were asking for and the normal general public liked it too not even knowing the history or significance. Those didn't surprise me. THESE definitely surprised me. I definitely thought these would sit and be easily accessible and maybe even make it to the outlets

I just wish Nike would apply these recrafted molds to all releases. Why go through all that effort for just the OG colorways and keep giving us inferior outsole molds on grs?
Yep, this isn’t a 1 to 1 comparison but I’d like Nike to use the OG felt instead of leather on mudguard for these 2023 pairs like the recent mica green. Give us what we want instead of 80-90% of what we want. I get the business side of it, I bought denim elephant 3s and Katrina 3s because I wanted fire reds and/or white cements. With recent releases I have both but I also have 2 almost pairs I probably won’t wear. They got me and my money.

Oh and these are the mica greens I recognize 😉 Top 10 AM1 for me.

1A1DD80E-FFA2-43AB-BA2C-07F0E12124D5.jpeg

Facts but, the shape was what a lot were asking for and the normal general public liked it too not even knowing the history or significance. Those didn't surprise me. THESE definitely surprised me. I definitely thought these would sit and be easily accessible and maybe even make it to the outlets
Agreed, thought I’d be able to get 2 easily. Maybe not on discount. My single pair will do for now.

Show me top down.

These are not mine but credit to the original owner since these pictures got sent to me 🙏🏼

At the end of the day everyone will have differences in opinion on which shape is best. Which is great to talk about. If we turn a blind-eye Nike can literally sell us anything and it’s good to set those boundaries too.

Both are size 13 I’m told

Attachments

• 4E4129AF-F410-43B6-A95C-8F23567DC133.jpeg
    4E4129AF-F410-43B6-A95C-8F23567DC133.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 151
  • D1AB6641-CD9A-4724-9E2B-33452BD128A2.jpeg
    D1AB6641-CD9A-4724-9E2B-33452BD128A2.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom