THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'll try to cop both pairs on sale; I have all of the other PR AF1s and Air Maxes, so I feel compelled to keep it going :lol:

have enjoyed collecting and wearing a bunch of AM1s over the years but I decided to finally bite the bullet and pay for a couple of customs. these just landed from a gentleman in France.

I love the look of the masters but I don’t like primarily black sneakers and could never afford the friends and family so here’s the next best thing(for me).
IMG_5787.jpeg

had a pair of aqua pattas sitting in the closet in DS form so I figured I’d send them out to get funked up. I love the way this one came out and now I can rock them with all kinds of blue gear.
IMG_5785.jpeg

I wish they had that Armory Safari cw on the 87 silhouette instead…
.....and i wish i wouldn't have slept on the soft grey Air Max 1 Crepe's....smh. Almost paid resell last night and then walked into the Nike Clearance store and immediately saw one of our local bulk buying resellers checking out with a box full of them priced at $79.99 :angry:
......alas none of them were my size 11 or 11.5 so it was a just a huge pump fake. now i just need ebay to do a 10% off sneakers code for memorial day.

Reactions: 907
I love PR but these don't do it for me. I have last year's more limited AF1 and those will hold me over.
because they're limited or because they look better? an air force 1 holding someone over is funny to me. not because the one's you have are a bad shoe. they're dope. i just always look at air max 1s as being way more durable than air force 1s so i'd think you'd get the air maxes and wear them more, keeping the af1's on ice to break out on occassion. to each his own of course.

because they're limited or because they look better? an air force 1 holding someone over is funny to me. not because the one's you have are a bad shoe. they're dope. i just always look at air max 1s as being way more durable than air force 1s so i'd think you'd get the air maxes and wear them more, keeping the af1's on ice to break out on occassion. to each his own of course.
That's actually an interesting perspective.

I'm a much bigger AF1 collector than I am AM1. I've been fairly active in the AF1 thread for probably a decade or so. I'm relatively newer to this thread although I've amased a decent collection over the last couple years.

Idk if I would say the AM1 is more durable than the AF1 either. There are a lot of classic leather Air Force 1s. Most of my favorite AM1s are suede and mesh which imo is much less forgiving and much harder to keep clean.

The Air Force 1 has also had a much longer run of being "in style".

I've worn AF1s with Girbauds, camo shorts, slim jeans, skinny jeans, khakis, etc. It doesn't matter what the style trend of the moment is an AF1 will always be stylish to some degree. Not saying that isn't the case with the AM1 but I certainly haven't seen that to be true yet.

That's actually an interesting perspective.

I'm a much bigger AF1 collector than I am AM1. I've been fairly active in the AF1 thread for probably a decade or so. I'm relatively newer to this thread although I've amased a decent collection over the last couple years.

Idk if I would say the AM1 is more durable than the AF1 either. There are a lot of classic leather Air Force 1s. Most of my favorite AM1s are suede and mesh which imo is much less forgiving and much harder to keep clean.

The Air Force 1 has also had a much longer run of being "in style".

I've worn AF1s with Girbauds, camo shorts, slim jeans, skinny jeans, khakis, etc. It doesn't matter what the style trend of the moment is an AF1 will always be stylish to some degree. Not saying that isn't the case with the AM1 but I certainly haven't seen that to be true yet.
i feel you. when i say durable i moreso mean how long they stay looking new and how resistant they are to showing wear and tear.

I've had AM1's for years that looked box fresh or close to it until i sold them. cleaned after every wear of course.

But, then we all know once air force 1's start to crease they will never look as crispy again even if you clean them. and while that doesn't mean they'll look bad, they won't have that box fresh appeal. anymore and that's the biggest selling point to me with Air Force 1's There are no shoes that look better fresh out the box than Air Force 1's and Jordan 11's...to me.

I'll say air force 1's are probably some of the most durable sneakers as far as lasting and not falling apart and of course being easy to clean especially if they're leather. I've never had a pair fall apart. no sole seperation. no holes in the outsole. no ripping. and they go with pretty much any style of clothing. Forget, AJ1's or 4's or Yeezys or whatever. I think the Air Force 1 is the best silhouette of all time.

......probably shouldn't say that here though. I love Air Max 1's and will always love Air Max 1's :D. Long live Air Max 1's!!! lol

i feel you. when i say durable i moreso mean how long they stay looking new and how resistant they are to showing wear and tear.

I've had AM1's for years that looked box fresh or close to it until i sold them. cleaned after every wear of course.

But, then we all know once air force 1's start to crease they will never look as crispy again even if you clean them. and while that doesn't mean they'll look bad, they won't have that box fresh appeal. anymore and that's the biggest selling point to me with Air Force 1's There are no shoes that look better fresh out the box than Air Force 1's and Jordan 11's...to me.

I'll say air force 1's are probably some of the most durable sneakers as far as lasting and not falling apart and of course being easy to clean especially if they're leather. I've never had a pair fall apart. no sole seperation. no holes in the outsole. no ripping. and they go with pretty much any style of clothing. Forget, AJ1's or 4's or Yeezys or whatever. I think the Air Force 1 is the best silhouette of all time.

......probably shouldn't say that here though. I love Air Max 1's and will always love Air Max 1's :D. Long live Air Max 1's!!! lol
I think freshness with AF1s depends on the pair. Some pairs truly look better with age.

Before the recent retro all I ever saw of the 3M snakes were used pairs and they always looked sick to me. Same with the Barney purple highs. People tend to lose appreciation for AF1s once they're retro'd but there are plenty of classic colorways that people respect even when aged. None of those are typically the all whites etc lol.

The AMMs (which are already several years old now) are going look great even a decade from now, same with the Tiffs (which I'm not even a big fan of).

No argument from me that the AF1 is best silhouette of all time. Its influence and cultural relevancy are unmatched.

I think freshness with AF1s depends on the pair. Some pairs truly look better with age.

Before the recent retro all I ever saw of the 3M snakes were used pairs and they always looked sick to me. Same with the Barney purple highs. People tend to lose appreciation for AF1s once they're retro'd but there are plenty of classic colorways that people respect even when aged. None of those are typically the all whites etc lol.

The AMMs (which are already several years old now) are going look great even a decade from now, same with the Tiffs (which I'm not even a big fan of).

No argument from me that the AF1 is best silhouette of all time. Its influence and cultural relevancy are unmatched.
Right when you said "some pairs truly look better with age" i went
200w.gif
:rofl:
then you said the snakes and A Ma Maniere's Air Force 1's lol. Not sure about the snakes so i'll research some pairs. But, the A Ma's definitely looked good after several wears. Which AM1 pulled you in?

Right when you said "some pairs truly look better with age" i went
200w.gif
:rofl:
then you said the snakes and A Ma Maniere's Air Force 1's lol. Not sure about the snakes so i'll research some pairs. But, the A Ma's definitely looked good after several wears. Which AM1 pulled you in?
I actually had both of the skull packs back in the mid 2000s but I sold those.

The Atmos Animal and anniversary reds (can't remember which was first) pulled me back in. I been buying a lot ever since though.

Age also caught up with me. I'm at place where I just can't wear jays daily. I probably wear an Air Max at minimum 3 days a week now.

.....and i wish i wouldn't have slept on the soft grey Air Max 1 Crepe's....smh. Almost paid resell last night and then walked into the Nike Clearance store and immediately saw one of our local bulk buying resellers checking out with a box full of them priced at $79.99 :angry:
......alas none of them were my size 11 or 11.5 so it was a just a huge pump fake. now i just need ebay to do a 10% off sneakers code for memorial day.
Damn. I'll def take them for 80 bucks

I've seen Nike do this with certain women's releases.

This recent air max 90 seems to stop at size 10

Check out the Nike Air Max 90 SE Citrus Pulse (Women's) available on StockX https://stockx.com/nike-air-max-90-...uctpage&utm_source=app&utm_medium=nativeshare

Maybe with so much stuff being unisex now they still want to have some what exclusivity for certain 'women's' pairs.

They whiffed it with the Poms though. I'm sure a lot of guys would've bought those.
I just googled the product code and have learned that along w/ Nike (my browser says…, it’s Nike-US) , both Finishline & JD have US12W listed tho…
IMG_3565.jpeg

And while it seems like the biggest size available for Wmns AM1 sold in the Japanese market are mostly US11W (haven’t found any model whose biggest size happens to be US10W on their current stock), was surprised to see the most recent release on SNKRS-JP only has 27cm (US9W) as it’s biggest size…
IMG_3571.jpeg

On the hunt for 2023 OG red BBs in a size 10 if anyone has a lead or know where available. TIA.

Last edited:
Idk if i missed it but whats everyone thoughts kn these?

Personally i like em. They have grown on me after seeing more pics and different angles. I can do without the trees in the back but its not tom bad.

IMG_0655.png
i like them for the colorblocking..
i dont really care much for the tree embroidery.
still debating if i should try tomorrow, or just wait it out and see if it'll go on discount.
either way, i'll have a pair down the line.

i like them for the colorblocking..
i dont really care much for the tree embroidery.
still debating if i should try tomorrow, or just wait it out and see if it'll go on discount.
either way, i'll have a pair down the line.
I feel discount for Air Maxes right now is the move. So much of them having been getting marked down lately. I copped both the Silver Bullets, Gold Medal 97s, and Honey Dews for $100 each.

I feel discount for Air Maxes right now is the move. So much of them having been getting marked down lately. I copped both the Silver Bullets, Gold Medal 97s, and Honey Dews for $100 each.
yea i think i'll skip tomorrow's release.
i see that alot of shops are getting them in, but trying to hype them up with raffle only.
if and when these go on discount, i'll scoop up 2 pairs.
i dig the colorway, and will definitely change out the laces on them.

watch nike do their usual "sold out", then bring it back online a few minutes later in a full size run.

Back
Top Bottom