The Official Air Zoom Kobe I Post

the 2k5s did not have nike free technology, im pretty sure it was just inspired by it

can someone confirm this?

I think it was just inspired by the nike free. No where in the Huarache 2k5 description does it say that Free was used. It doesn't even feel like it has free. It feels more flexible that 2k4, IMO, but still not Free. ZK1 looks like it does not have free, but rather inspired by it. Same as H2k5.

Ordered my Wht/Purple shorts today. Eastbay has the Red if anyone is interested. Type in Izzo shorts under search. Can't wait for Feb. 11 2006!!!!!
C O O K # 4 5

NOT QUITE FREE

Ive spent a lot of time talking about the Nike Air Zoom Huarache 2K5s upper, but where things get really interesting for the shoe geeks of the world is in the parts of the shoe situated underfoot. Thats because the Air Zoom Huarache 2K5 is the first hoops shoe to be influenced by Nikes recently introduced Free design concept, an influence manifested almost entirely in the 2K5s midsole.

Zoom? Hoozawhatchi? And now a technology called Free? I know its a lot to take in, but take a deep breath and stick with me for just a minute longer.

To start with, Ive read numerous postings on Internet message boards in which enquiring minds have wondered aloud whether the Air Zoom Huarache 2K5 incorporates Free technology. Now, I know I may sound like Im being a word nanny here, but to refer to Free as a technology is actually a misnomer and gets us off on the wrong foot (no pun intended). You see, unlike, say, an air bag or Shox columns, Nike Free is not a discrete technology that can be added to or taken away from a given shoe its much more abstract and much more fundamental than that. Instead, Free is, at its root, a way of thinking about how footwear should work; and that way of thinking can be applied towards any or all aspects of a given shoes design, engineering and construction, from the material with which its made right down to last around which its built (a last is a wood, plastic or metal model formed in the shape of a foot all shoes are built around a last and its the last that determines the way a shoe fits). This distinction between technology and concept is important because it means a Free-inspired shoe is not characterized by what it contains, but rather by the effect it has on the way your body works.

What exactly is that effect meant to be? This may sound laughably paradoxical, but the intention is to make your feet work as though they were bare, the rationale being that barefoot training strengthens the muscles intrinsic to your feet and ankles muscles that have atrophied over a lifetime of coddling in highly supportive shoes. The line of thinking goes that stronger muscles in the feet and ankles reduce the potential for injury while increasing speed, power and agility, which is precisely why track teams from Abuja, Nigeria to Stanford, California have made barefoot training an integral part of their overall training programs for decades now. A comprehensive explanation of how a shoe could possibly be designed to work as though its not there and my take on whether or not the Free line actually works as advertised would require an article all its own, so thats exactly what youll get in the next issue of Sole Collector stay tuned if youre interested.

-Professor K
That's my word

[/center]

I've called all of the FA's FL and Niketown about the Izzo shorts and looks like they are not in stores. Online only at this time. Maybe the stores will cary them when the shoe officially drops

Here some news on kobe: Bryant's re-emergence in the public business eye has been limited so far.
Nike, with whom Bryant has a $45 million contract, featured him in print ads last year in Sports Illustrated, though he wasn't pushing any specific product. Nike has, though, finally given Bryant a signature shoe of his own - the Zoom Kobe I - that he debuted in Miami on Christmas Day. (Bryant had been associated with various Nike shoes for the last couple of years that had not been directly tied to his name.)
The Zoom Kobe I will be available around the country Feb. 1 and sell for $130, according to a Nike spokesman. Nike is planning a national campaign for the shoe, with print, billboard and television advertising.
The television commercials for Bryant's campaign will be created by Wieden and Kennedy, the world-renowned ad agency that has done Nike ads going back to Michael Jordan's earliest days with the company.
Bryant will also launch a line of clothing apparel soon after the shoe is dropped - which

56539979.jpgx=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=AB27D05020109421B14BA70977BF82157A16811224021A6594D2604A015CF9DF

"If they [the Clippers] play in the NBDL, they'll make the playoffs."
Sir Charles on Sam Cassell's comment that the Clippers will make the playoffs

here the whole thing: The public rehabilitation of Kobe BryantBY DAVID ALDRIDGEPhiladelphia InquirerPHILADELPHIA - Finally, you can make Kobe Bryant out again.
For the longest time, he wasn't visible.
Accused of among the most heinous of crimes in the summer of 2003, Bryant became a symbol, not a person. To those with him, he was the victim, wrongly accused of sexual assault by a money-grubber; to those against him, he was a felon on the loose, insulated from justice by his celebrity and wealth.
But time passes on all things, and so it has with Kobe Bean Bryant. The Eagle County, Colo., prosecutor dropped the charges against him in September 2004, and Bryant, 27, settled a civil suit with his accuser in March of last year. With a full summer available for workouts - his first in three years - he is again one of the league's most dominant players.
Bryant, a graduate of Lower Merion High outside Philadelphia, was back on the floor for the Lakers in Los Angeles on Friday night against the Sixers after finishing a two-game suspension imposed by the league for elbowing Memphis forward Mike Miller. The Lakers' star is second to Allen Iverson in scoring this season, trying to will a young team of well-meaning but utterly flawed teammates to a playoff berth in the Western Conference.
And he is slowly re-establishing ties with the business community that shunned him after the initial reports of his encounter with a woman in a Colorado hotel room.
There are those who will never forgive Bryant for whatever took place that night. But he is a free man, and free to get on with his life.
Which he has - to a degree.
"People do have short memories," said Peter Land, general manager of the sports and sponsorship division of Edelman Public Relations.
"Over time, they will be willing to forgive," Land said. "They won't forget."
Bryant's re-emergence in the public business eye has been limited so far.
Nike, with whom Bryant has a $45 million contract, featured him in print ads last year in Sports Illustrated, though he wasn't pushing any specific product. Nike has, though, finally given Bryant a signature shoe of his own - the Zoom Kobe I - that he debuted in Miami on Christmas Day. (Bryant had been associated with various Nike shoes for the last couple of years that had not been directly tied to his name.)
The Zoom Kobe I will be available around the country Feb. 1 and sell for $130, according to a Nike spokesman. Nike is planning a national campaign for the shoe, with print, billboard and television advertising.
The television commercials for Bryant's campaign will be created by Wieden and Kennedy, the world-renowned ad agency that has done Nike ads going back to Michael Jordan's earliest days with the company.
Bryant will also launch a line of clothing apparel soon after the shoe is dropped - which should coincide with the all-star break in mid-February.
Other basketball-related concerns are also featuring Bryant. TNT picked him to be among the handful of players it featured in its ad campaign for NBA games this season, which featured comedian Ali G, and the Lakers are still on network and national cable broadcasts more than 30 times this season.
Bryant's Lakers jersey still ranks fifth in sales among all players, according to numbers at the NBA Store in New York and on NBA.com. And a Sports Business Daily poll late last year found that Bryant was still in the top five in marketability among NBA players, behind LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal, Yao Ming and Kevin Garnett.
But it's likely that Bryant's non-basketball-related endorsements will be very limited for some time to come.
"If there are enough other fish in the sea, why take a chance?" Land asked. "There's this segment of society that still has a question" about Bryant.
On the court, Bryant again leads all Western Conference guards in voting for the Feb. 19 All-Star Game in Houston. And he has had the league's signature moment this season: an incandescent performance against Dallas last month in which Bryant scored 62 points - in three quarters.
But the Lakers have struggled to stay above .500 most of the season, and Bryant has had moments of frustration and anger. There was a heated shouting match with Lamar Odom moments after the Lakers lost, 94-91, in Washington last week, after Odom botched the potential game-tying play. And there was the elbow to Miller's throat, a seeming retaliatory strike after an inadvertent Miller elbow to Bryant's head.
Yet away from his legions of fans in Los Angeles, the nasty catcalls and insults that were thrown Bryant's way by opposing fans last season are slowly receding. Bryant was booed some during the Lakers' game with the Sixers at the Wachovia Center in November, but not as fiercely as he had been in the past.
The hard feelings haven't disappeared in all places, though.
"I was disappointed in the Miami people," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said last week, referring to the Heat crowd at the Christmas Day game.
"He played a great game, and they gave him `Kobe (stinks)' or something at the end," Jackson said of the chants. "I thought that was really poor sportsmanship, especially for a game as competitive and exciting as that game was, down to the last minute to be decided. I'm sure his demeanor and his poise and his character on the floor are saying lots."

^^ thanks for the article.....

those blk-wht ZK pictures are amazing.....a bit of old school and a bit of new school, mixes well together......

kinda reminds me of the Lebron II and 18.5 for some reason.

Does anybody have any definate info on the release of the Blk/Yellow ZKI he wore on Dec. 25?
C O O K # 4 5

Hello people, been a big fan of this Kobe post for a few month's now.
Just want to tell you a little story. On 12-26-05 I went to small shoe shop in LA where the first 250 people that would show up would have a chance to win a pair of the christmas Kobe shoes. Only sixteen pairs would were availabel. when I got there around 10:00am there where about 400 or more people in line. There where people lined up from 12:00am. I never had a change but that shows you how long people were waiting to get there first official Kobe shoe.

Hi people I talked to a nike rep online and by phone and they said the zoom kobe 1's the ones he was wearin on christmas was only a time deal and only 16 pairs was given out and the shoe is not comeing out at all.....I hope they are wrong.

^^^hmm...l2 weeks ago or so, JM did say those were releasing. Hope the nike rep does not know what they're talking about...(like always)

so what colorway will be released on Feb 11th? I hope its the white/black/red ones.. I'll be in LA then to cop! I can't wait!! :evil:
devil.gif

BANANAS

Back
Top Bottom