The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Man ya'll got me about to catch up on One Piece but i'm like 2 and a half years behind on the manga 
laugh.gif
I'm right there with you. 

It's so hard to dodge spoilers here.

Dudes be talking OPENLY.
tired.gif
___ dies

Mondays are great. I get to read the new chapter of Tower of God and then I get to read @leb13
's analysis of the chapter :D

Now if we can just get some more people to read the series. So much going on right now. I'm just hoping we get more death and betrayals like in season 1. This is the last arc of season 2 I believe, so SIU may have some big things planned to rival the end of season 1.

Mondays are great. I get to read the new chapter of Tower of God and then I get to read @leb13
's analysis of the chapter 
happy.gif
Now if we can just get some more people to read the series. So much going on right now. I'm just hoping we get more death and betrayals like in season 1. This is the last arc of season 2 I believe, so SIU may have some big things planned to rival the end of season 1.
What I like about TOG is that it does the opposite of GOT (see what I did there?) when it comes to shocks. Death and such happen all the time in GOT so you come to understand that almost no one is safe and you watch knowing that at any moment anything can happen. TOG lures you into a false sense of security and then someone dies, or is betrayed, or is just left behind. It's great.

What I like about TOG is that it does the opposite of GOT (see what I did there?) when it comes to shocks. Death and such happen all the time in GOT so you come to understand that almost no one is safe and you watch knowing that at any moment anything can happen. TOG lures you into a false sense of security and then someone dies, or is betrayed, or is just left behind. It's great.

Definitely agree with that. Plus it's easy to forget Baam is consistently on super teams except for early season 2 when he carried the team. So that helps build the sense of security in a realistic way. It also made the recent deaths realistic because the ones that died weren't super team members and you see what happens when people who are out of their league get carried higher than they should. It'd be interesting if the rest of the latest group minus wangnan is forced to be abandoned.

Our spoiler rule here is basically no first day talking of it openly. Lol if you 2 years behind tho. No holds bar

Last edited:
i like Naruto because i like Naruto.

you know that saying " he who believes life is a tragedy, but he who thinks believes life is a comedy"

i think Naruto is like that..everything is a comedy...until it comes to the people you love... Team 7, Hinata Hidden Leaf Village...then all that **** goes out the window....

and i like the idea that he is a dreamer, who has a goal, and no matter who gets in his way, or who makes fun of him for his dream, son is still one thousand percent confident that he will reach his goal. i like that a lot.

i like that he's ridiculous but when **** hits the fan....hes all business. like this

tumblr_inline_nnk3vp6fQm1shlukv_500.gif

i can relate to this guy 8)
Fixed.

i like Dragon Ball Z because i like Goku.

you know that saying " he who believes life is a tragedy, but he who thinks believes life is a comedy"

i think goku is like that..everything is a comedy...until it comes to the people you love....Gohan, Goten, Chichi, people of earth....then all that **** goes out the window....

and i like the idea that he is a dreamer, who has a goal, and no matter who gets in his way, or who makes fun of him for his dream, son is still one thousand percent confident that he will reach his goal. i like that a lot.

i like that he's ridiculous but when **** hits the fan....hes all business. like this

i can relate to this guy
glasses.gif
Fixed x2

Reactions: Ube
So after catching up in this thread, you guys have somewhat got me interested in One Piece. I liked FMAB and Naruto because they make you like the characters and also hit you in the feels is OP like that as well? Also I read what Blue Exorcist is about and it has me interested,anyone watch it and/or recommend it?

If u watch OP it mite feel a little childish in the beginning but it grows....i slowly liked it more and more but when i got to arlong park i knew id really like it.

Dbz is too "villain of the week " for me.

Op is that too but i feel like the characters have more depth.
The alabasta arc for example....it has a more cinematic story line than dbz stories.

Dbz is like...new strong bad guy....omg...get stronger...build up...fight.

Last edited:
So after catching up in this thread, you guys have somewhat got me interested in One Piece. I liked FMAB and Naruto because they make you like the characters and also hit you in the feels is OP like that as well? Also I read what Blue Exorcist is about and it has me interested,anyone watch it and/or recommend it?
OP's a good series to get into, but it takes a while to get to some character arcs. Since you like Naruto, I think you'll enjoy OP. OP has feel moments like Naruto too. I'm at like ch. 500 of OP, so I feel that Naruto/FMAB has had better feel moments than OP. 

Blue Exorcist is great. It's an enjoyable anime, that's not too long.

Again, since you liked Naruto, you'll like Blue Exorcist.

If you like the opening, I think you'll enjoy the show.

5/28/12
Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by iYen

Just watched two episodes of Blue Exorcist.
So far it's 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm already on episode 18.
The show is that good.
pimp.gif

Just finished Blue Exorcist.
4/5
The soundtrack is 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
One Piece is trash b :lol:

I'm gonna give it a 4th chance this coming month though.

Dude has his characters looking like ghouls though and the whole plot is silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ube
Lol

The arabasta arc alone is luke a ******* movie.

Princess undercover as bountyhunter travels with pirates to save her kingdom fromcivil war caused by villain who turns into sand. Travel to find rebels encountering monsters etc...etc

lol kishimoto messed up his own series by hating the main character while sucking off the supporting one(sasuke)

Naruto is an embarrasing main character. Dude has literally 0 skill after all that training only thing ***** can do is a rasengan and shadow clones. Straight trash meanwhile sasuke can do any and everything in the book :smh: I swear he shoulda just named the **** sasuke and made it about him

Anyone watch Ajin on netflix?
watched the first season and thought it was okay then towards the end became very good. Id recommend it. Haven't got back to season 2 though but I will once I catch up with Dragonball Super.

lol kishimoto messed up his own series by hating the main character while sucking off the supporting one(sasuke)

Naruto is an embarrasing main character. Dude has literally 0 skill after all that training only thing ***** can do is a rasengan and shadow clones. Straight trash meanwhile sasuke can do any and everything in the book :smh: I swear he shoulda just named the **** sasuke and made it about him
i guess that may be true but what about the fact that he can control the 9 tails. Isn't the story of Naruto not about how powerful he is but how for whatever reason he wins because of "his ninja way." I've only watched the anime so maybe I don't get the full experience compared to the manga so i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom