The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

What is it about? I read that it's a prequel to Astro Boy?
Basically it takes place with Ochanomizu and Tenma at university. Tenma (Atom's creator) is obsessed with building a god where Ochanomizu wants to build a "friend." Thus A106 is created as the precursor to Atom. 

If you read the original you know that Tenma ends up losing his son and building Atom in his likeness only to toss him away when he realizes he will never grow up, down the line Ochanomizu ends up adopting him and building his sister Uran, etc. etc. 

So far it is pretty cool. A106 has a very Megaman vibe to him, but the production and prequel manga was done with Tezuka's son and Mushi Studios overlooking the production, so I don't think it will get to crazy out of hand in terms of origin altering.  

Last edited:
One piece
It also makes perfect sense that he'd be wearing the mask since big mom thinks he's dead

But he already is dead?...... yohohoho

anyway can't wait for the next chapter it's really getting hectic
Hahaha this made me laugh.
And dogtooth :nerd:

Yo what if Jin be is actually skinny or muscular but he holds water in his body for his attacks. That would be lit. Love jinbe

Hahaha this made me laugh.
And dogtooth :nerd:

Yo what if Jin be is actually skinny or muscular but he holds water in his body for his attacks. That would be lit. Love jinbe

So you're saying it's all just "water weight"

The Promised Neverland :pimp:

I can't believe they made it out. Those kids are geniuses. :lol: :pimp:

I have a feeling that we are still going to lose some kids though...

Dr. Stone

Of course it was inevitable that there would be other people out there. :lol:
I wonder who they are though...

Is anyone still reading The Seven Deadly Sins?

Ships are sailing... :lol: :pimp:
King and Diane are about to get a power up, and it was nice to see Gowther's origins. I wonder why Merlin says that she made him though...

Samurai Jack

So that wasn't a bodysuit... :lol: :nerd:
And im still confused about that man on the horse. He was real, yet he always appeared as a vision to Jack up until this point.

Finished the Naruto anime this week. I wasn't satisfied with it, it felt so incomplete to me and short

Really sad that it's over though, been watching and reading this for over a decade

the Gangsta manga is coming off of hiatus after 2 years. Should be back in may. Mangaka must be one of the most injury prone professions. Oda and Kishimoto must be the Lebron of manga world. They done ever go out on IR

Feels like ages since I watched the anime

Last edited:
the Gangsta manga is coming off of hiatus after 2 years. Should be back in may. Mangaka must be one of the most injury prone professions. Oda and Kishimoto must be the Lebron of manga world. They done ever go out on IR

Feels like ages since I watched the anime
Oda has gone on break plenty of times for health reasons if I remember correctly.

Never forget oda was originally gonna take a 1 year break off of one piece after marineford manga is a stressful job with weekly deadlines where you have to come up with a story design characters and draw the art all at a high quality level so I can imagine mangaka having crazy health problems
But a lot have now have full staff and take regular scheduled breaks so I think that helps

Never forget oda was originally gonna take a 1 year break off of one piece after marineford manga is a stressful job with weekly deadlines where you have to come up with a story design characters and draw the art all at a high quality level so I can imagine mangaka having crazy health problems
But a lot have now have full staff and take regular scheduled breaks so I think that helps
Well it depends on the author. Often times they don't do the week crunch for each chapter. They will have multiple chapters already on the can. That's not to say some authors don't go to the wire but if you run an efficient operation with 5+ assistants, you're not going to be rushing to finish things. There are documentaries and literature I've a action shows out there that chronicle the lives of how mangakas operate

Osamu Akimoto mangaka of Kochikame did 40 years with no breaks and apparently is planning some new series to release this year, which is insane. But for the most part these guys overwork themselves like crazy. Oda's schedule has always been crazy, Togashi has talked about how difficult it is. 

Oda also insists on drawing everything that moves in a panel for consistency and with the scale of one piece that's crazy. He's also taking more breaks now for his health and since his kids are getting older

Even in Korea Manwha, SIU the author of Tower of God, is talking about how he's having difficulties drawing due to his wrist being very injured and the demand to stay multiple chapters ahead now, due to the company making preview chapters available. Plus he feels like sometimes he needs to add new panels to those for the general release and now he's doing a volume release, so he needs to make covers and extras scenes and drawings. 

Never knew the life of a Mangaka could be so hectic 

They really taking NBA Season ending injuries 

Overworked Wrist, [Full season]

Mental Roadblock [Few Games]

Health/Sickness [Few games to Full Season]

Finished the Naruto anime this week. I wasn't satisfied with it, it felt so incomplete to me and short

Really sad that it's over though, been watching and reading this for over a decade

It's not over yet. Watch the movie "Naruto the Last", then watch the Boruto movie. After that start reading the boruto manga and start watching the series (it's only like three episodes in). Naruto will never end bro :lol:

I'm aware man, seen the movie and boruto too but it won't be the same to me even though boruto is cool too. The movie was a better ending than ep 500

Tower of God:
I like that Baam doesn't think that him and Rachel working together will suddenly fix things. The panel after that made it seem like they both are upset over that fact. But at the same time, I wonder if Rachel is upset about it or if she's upset Baam has moved on from her, essentially. Although we know she hasn't yet be able to kill her emotions yet like she wants. It'll be interesting what type of changes Rachel goes through, whether it's further toward darkness or something else.
Baam being able to kill the immortals, is not surprising, but still kind of surprising. It's only surprising in the sense that magic/spells have appeared to be different from regular shinsoo and it was said that a stronger spell is needed to break a spell i.e. the 13th months needed to kill the immortals. It also seemed like spell/magic were brought into the tower from the outside, and might not be affected by an irregular. But maybe since it was an irregular only technique it still breaks everything.  Furthermore, Urek's attack didn't fully work which he attributed to Karaka using a spell/magic, so maybe irregular attacks break spells.

I like Karaka a lot. Even though he can't match up with Urek at all, he still stayed calm and came up with a plan B. It also shows that while people don't know Urek's face they all know his personality and legend. Karaka, quickly abandons the situation with Haoquin. It appears when he loses his body all the takes with him is his head and the ring, which Wangnan finally noticed. 

So Urek, basically enabled Hell Joe by recklessly using his powers. I hope this is a chance to speak with Baam about the consequences of recklessly using power. Also the fact that Urek acknowledges Joe makes it seem like the others are sleeping on him. Although it would be interesting if he let's the 2 people he's acknowledge in this sense Baam and Hell Joe battle it out.

I think there will be a lot of twists this arc and hopefully we see more high ranker battles. 

I haven't watched any of the big 3s anime a after their main arcs.
Stopped naruto before he defeated pain
Stopped one piece after eneru. Just way too many eps. But still my fav. Love reading.
Stopped bleach inHM.
All the major fights I watched on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom