The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Tower of God
Well the power scale is absolutely crazy. I know Karaka is a very young slayer and ranker, but sheesh. Hopefully he can at least push Urek to 5% power. But it also makes clear how ridiculously strong Irregulars are. It's still not clear at all what Urek's role in the arc is. I did like how he recognized Wangnan immediately however. I know people have been talking about how strong Baam is, but this shows the real gulf and how Baam is still solidly in the kiddie pool. It makes it more reasonable that Baam gets the thorn fragments, especially if he doesn't plan on taking hundreds of years to climb.
I know SIU mentioned he's basically jobbing Karaka with having him match up with Yuri and now Urek, but intends to show that he is actually strong later on. 
We still see the difference between Rachel and Baam highlighted. Where Baam thinks about keeping his friends safe, Rachel thinks about how she can use Hockney, even if it drags him into danger. Lucky for her, he needs to go. 
Hockney has an interesting back story. It seems his eyes were blessed by Enryu as well to find the thorn fragments, which may be why De Jah's eyes work with his body, while his own eyes won't work for Hell Joe, because Joe lacks Enryu's blessing. I would not be surprised however, if Rachel ends up stealing Hockney's original eyes from Hell Joe to use herself. But we'll see, because if Joe couldn't make the eyes work why would Rachel other than her being an irregular. 
Kingdom
Ousen's got a good strategy going. Take all the cities surround Gyou, so the refugees are forced to go to Gyou, which will eat into their food and supplies. He can also mix Qin soldiers into the prisoners and citizens to act as spies. Also, the other cities will fall much more easily, when they find out Ousen isn't killing anyone. Also, there's not support for Gyou coming from the cities, and if they need to retreat they can use the cities they've taken for cover. 
Riboku, may have to decide between the refugees and the city, which will hurt morale and probably cause riots, especially if they see Qin treating them better than their own kingdom.

I wish Ten would get less panel time though, she's been annoying this whole arc. Also, hoping Shin finally shows some instinctual strategy this arc

The animation for the new berserk does suck. Dunno why they'd choose that animation style. Was watching season 2 on the crunchy roll app on my PS3 but the app crashed. SMH. Will try watching again later and start up AOT season two also.

SO IS THE WORLD TRIGGER ANIME COMING BACK ANYTIME SOON?
Not nearly enough content. The manga and the anime had pretty much caught up by the time season 1 ended. And the anime was still doing the rank wars stuff last time I checked and the author has gone on indefinite hiatus from the manga

The original Berserk anime series was really good, and basically the films retold that stuff to prep for the new series. This newer one, story is actually really interesting, but the animation truly killed it for me. I was pretty sad because I loved Berserk when I was younger and this just really let me down. 

Since getting back from Japan last week I started watching a bunch of stuff I had heard about (Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Boruto, Kuzu no Honkai, Eromanga sensei). Titan's first episode released while I was there and everyone was flipping out, but I could have cared less. I Tried giving the show a fair shake but I just couldn't do it after getting through the first whole season. 

Boruto is a totally different animal. I need to rewatch it because I was immediately turned off by the no ninja stuff. A friend of mine gave me an interesting way of thinking about it, in terms of critical theory, so I am going to give it another shot. I have a soft spot for the universe itself, but it just is so different within Boruto's narrative. 

Anyone got good recommendations on slice of life, moe, shoujo anime/manga?

Been working crazy hours. Finally about to get caught up on my animes [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

The original Berserk anime series was really good, and basically the films retold that stuff to prep for the new series. This newer one, story is actually really interesting, but the animation truly killed it for me. I was pretty sad because I loved Berserk when I was younger and this just really let me down. 

Since getting back from Japan last week I started watching a bunch of stuff I had heard about (Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Boruto, Kuzu no Honkai, Eromanga sensei). Titan's first episode released while I was there and everyone was flipping out, but I could have cared less. I Tried giving the show a fair shake but I just couldn't do it after getting through the first whole season. 

Boruto is a totally different animal. I need to rewatch it because I was immediately turned off by the no ninja stuff. A friend of mine gave me an interesting way of thinking about it, in terms of critical theory, so I am going to give it another shot. I have a soft spot for the universe itself, but it just is so different within Boruto's narrative. 

Anyone got good recommendations on slice of life, moe, shoujo anime/manga?

Yup. I watched the OG Berserk anime like 10 years ago before I started reading the manga. I hated the movies and this anime is even worse

As a fan of naruto, I feel like I just can't watch Boruto because I'd Get pissed off too much. Not only because I feel that the series took an unsatisfactory turn in the second half, but also I watched the Boruto movie and a lot of the ninja stuff in the world was gone. Also they nerfed naruto and Sasuke hard AF

Shoujo:
- Blue spring Ride
-kimi ni todoke
- my little monster

Slice of life
- Barakomon
- Silver spoon
- ReLife
- My teenage romance snafu
- Wagnaria
- Usagi Drop( never read the manga)

Last edited:
Yup. I watched the OG Berserk anime like 10 years ago before I started reading the manga. I hated the movies and this anime is even worse

As a fan of naruto, I feel like I just can't watch Boruto because I'd Get pissed off too much. Not only because I feel that the series took an unsatisfactory turn in the second half, but also I watched the Boruto movie and a lot of the ninja stuff in the world was gone. Also they nerfed naruto and Sasuke hard AF

Shoujo:
- Blue spring Ride
-kimi ni todoke
- my little monster

Slice of life
- Barakomon
- Silver spoon
- ReLife
- My teenage romance snafu
- Wagnaria
- Usagi Drop( never read the manga)
Thanks Fam, added to my Kiss cue.

iHNIjBoOKoRct7M2iuAORL08HaDcfUNXWQaOhPyan3PhRJOY9FMOc9G00Upq05RAfxl4H00p08U7YXDz3wPiMPBkFOZkNeWEb0d3fMEtk34WPlhgcmOGv14reOAryrh41j0fNg=s0

Jesus.

One Piece
This new chapter... :wow:

Jimbe, that's one hell of a way to join the strawhats. No fear whatsoever :pimp:
And it looks like Brooke is making a serious run at being this arc's MVP. First the Phoneglyphs and now the picture.
It also looks like Katakuri (Dogtooth) is living up to his starchy name. :lol:

One piece
It also makes perfect sense that he'd be wearing the mask since big mom thinks he's dead

But he already is dead?...... yohohoho

anyway can't wait for the next chapter it's really getting hectic

Watched episode 3  of Boruto, alright, now I am in. 

Metaru Lee is gold. For some reason I keep mistaking Inojin kid for a little Tema though. 

I wish Himawari was old enough to be focused on though, pretty much like her moms, she is gonna ride in the back which sucks. She is so effing adorable. 

Patiently awaiting episode two of Atom: The Beginning now. 

Back
Top Bottom