The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Decided to give Crunchyroll' manga app a try(since I'm paying for it anyway with my normal sub). There's a lot of stuff there. They don't have any shounen(closet you get to that is AoT) but they have a lot of slice of life, comedy and school manga. Some are in color and it's a pretty neat set up. Great translations. And a lot of the manga they have are anime that were cancelled etc

I get to finish ReLife, Kawaii complex, Yamada and the seven witches, secret girlfriend x

Last edited:
Finished Gosu

Ryong 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As another peep here I just finished Cowboy Bebop, what should be next? 

Also re watch Akira, I'm on the fence to start the manga 

Can't wait to watch Attack on Titan after work...  I doubt any episode this season is going to top Close Combat though.

It's been a couple of years since Baruto came out, how does it compare to Naruto?

As another peep here I just finished Cowboy Bebop, what should be next? 

Also re watch Akira, I'm on the fence to start the manga 

If you're going to read the Akira manga you may as well clear your schedule of any other form of entertainment :lol: Because it's pretty long. I myself have yet to get through it all, but from what I understand from reviews it's worth it in the end and is better than the film.

Akira is definitely worth it. All 6 volumes are very heavy content wise, and the story is much more in depth than the film was. It gets the general plot across but misses ALOTof character development on the parts of the Espers, Tetsuo, and Kaneda. 

The film is one of my all time top 5 films (was actually the first full length anime I ever watched and became the focus of my BA thesis and numerous other essays and assignments over the past couple of years at University). I can never champion Otomo's work enough. 

Guts finally put the armor on in the anime. I am so excited for next week. :pimp:

I'm on episode 20. The scenes of what those trolls were doing to the kidnapped women were messed up. crunchyroll is still garbage on ps3. It keeps freezing at the same spot in the episode.

Anyway, Guts and Saitama are my favorite characters in anime right now. Such bawses.

Last edited:
^ A+ :lol:

Why is Little Witch Academia making me feel all these feels right now? :frown: :smh:

Chariot better not have lost her magical abilities as a result of Akko's dumb*** refusing to occasionally glance at her surroundings when she was climbing :smh:

Last edited:
You might be

Too sappy :nerd:
Take your upvote and get out of my office... :smh: :lol:

^ A+ :lol:
Chariot better not have lost her magical abilities as a result of Akko's dumb*** refusing to occasionally glance at her surroundings when she was climbing :smh:
I have a feeling that that flashback was to show us how Chariot's magic power was weakened (due to the pollen and probably being as ignorant as Akko) and how Croix lost her powers, which would explain why I don't ever recall her casting a spell since her introduction and why she developed magic technology (to overcome her loss). It might also explain why Chariot stopped looking for the final word (cuz she hurt her friend), and It might be a foreshadow after the events of this episode.

He really need to just pass the series off to someone who can handle the workload cause he really can't anymore he needs to take a page from toriyama and kishimoto and "oversee" the story if you will

If I have crunchyroll do I need another streaming service for anime/manga?
I mean there aren't really any other services. Funimation and Crunchyroll have a partnership now so all the funi shows and dubs are on CR. Hulu and Netflix are buns for anime. You'll probably need a pirate site to get the stragglers notnon CR

Back
Top Bottom