The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Gonna finally go and read some series that have been on my list for a while. Starting with Fist of the North Star

Where to begin with SNS...
Other than the fact it's an amazing "shonen" without a character even throwing a punch.
The hero is your typical high energy charismatic you can't get him down character.
But....
It shows love to everyone in the manga.
Almost more so than one piece.
It shares love with the rest of the characters pretty equally. Of course the main character gets a few more "battle' pages than others. But it still throughly explains even the enemies background and progress.
The recipes and the science/theory of each dish is real (I've researched and made some.)
The art has been consistent. Just as good as most of thrones other Mangas you read out there. Very detailed.
Its a good mix of humor - history - facts- battles - story - slice of life.
Its a manga that makes you want to immerse yourself in that world again
Remember when you first read dbz, Naruto... Or bleach. And all you wanted to do was Kamehameha someone, put on a ninja head band. Or buy a katana and give it a name.. SNS gives you the same feeling. The difference is you're an adult and you actually cook. You legit want to make this stuff. Or better yet, you can go and find where this good food is made and try it yourself.
I know I've went on and on about this. But this manga/anime has been great since page 1 for me.
I haven't felt this way about a manga since the beginning of Naruto and bleach which was nearly 15 years ago for me.
Sell me on it.

Tower of God:
Been a while since I've written one of these

This arc has been slow, but I'm hoping it's getting to the real stuff now. Going back, on the Hell Train the God of guardians said Zahard wasn't a tyrant when he was on the train, but either Zahard changed after the rice pot and before the hidden floor, or he was able to trick the GoG. I say this based on how the hidden floor is set up.

It also seems like the seeds of discontent with Zahard hit the family leaders at different times. The fact that Eduan Khun isn't in the hidden hidden floor signals some discontent with Zahard. It's a bit surprising he's the one refusing to live with the other family leaders. I'd like to see how Khun interacts with the data version of his father. Think this will be really interesting to see how family leaders thought of Young Zahard and if their relationship started fracturing during the climb or once the climb stopped.

Snake Charmer will add an interesting dynamic. I want to see how he responds when he sees how Androssi interacts with Baam. Also, he seems to be a ranker, maybe even a high ranker, and is acting like a glitch to the system. Think it's going to be a ticking time bomb with this.

Rachel continues to be inept and is an awful liar. Icarus is a good name. The person who flew too close to the sun and ended up dying. Rachel since being in the tower has been outclassed and had to be carried by others. I wonder if this is an indication things will start falling apart for her.

Obviously Yu Hansung's data doesn't yet want to give into his true nature it seems. I wonder if he'll start heading that way based on events on the floor. I hope we keep learning about him.

Anyway hopefully the arc starts to pick up some going forward.

Where to begin with SNS...
Other than the fact it's an amazing "shonen" without a character even throwing a punch.
The hero is your typical high energy charismatic you can't get him down character.
But....
It shows love to everyone in the manga.
Almost more so than one piece.
It shares love with the rest of the characters pretty equally. Of course the main character gets a few more "battle' pages than others. But it still throughly explains even the enemies background and progress.
The recipes and the science/theory of each dish is real (I've researched and made some.)
The art has been consistent. Just as good as most of thrones other Mangas you read out there. Very detailed.
Its a good mix of humor - history - facts- battles - story - slice of life.
Its a manga that makes you want to immerse yourself in that world again
Remember when you first read dbz, Naruto... Or bleach. And all you wanted to do was Kamehameha someone, put on a ninja head band. Or buy a katana and give it a name.. SNS gives you the same feeling. The difference is you're an adult and you actually cook. You legit want to make this stuff. Or better yet, you can go and find where this good food is made and try it yourself.
I know I've went on and on about this. But this manga/anime has been great since page 1 for me.
I haven't felt this way about a manga since the beginning of Naruto and bleach which was nearly 15 years ago for me.
I love fma and hajime no ippo. This sounds similar in various ways, so I'm def checking it out.

I started rewatching Naruto Shippuden minus the filler and skipping to all the good parts. It's crazy how strong Madara is after he's been reanimated. Dude is just so damn strong it's crazy.

That reminds me I need to get back to that :lol: took a break after the 5 Kage Summit Arc

Just finished Erased for the second time, and Parasyte too. Wish there was a season 2 of both :smh:

I love fma and hajime no ippo. This sounds similar in various ways, so I'm def checking it out.

real talk had this anime came out while I was still in highschool or even university. I would have easily changed paths to culinary school.
I dabbled and looked in to it last year when I discovered this anime. (way too expensive for me now)

Hajime no Ippo
Ippo is done? Is he retiring? 1202 chapters and this series might have a bad end? :wow:

Bra that might be the worst ending to a great anime that iv'e followed for years

im sick reading it

last 3 chapters really had me going only for a big let down

Trying my hardest to enjoy this cake stuff...Oda writing a big fat L when it come to that imo.

The sanji feats he’s trying to showcase are laughable...like really oda :lol:

One Piece
Poor Pound. All we wanted was to see his daughter happy. At least he went out protecting his child.
As for the whole Sanji thing, I'm sure this is more for pudding than for us. Just trying to make her love him more. :lol:

Trying my hardest to enjoy this cake stuff...Oda writing a big fat L when it come to that imo.

The sanji feats he’s trying to showcase are laughable...like really oda :lol:

I really don't have a problem with the cake stuff at all. It's an arc with Sanji and a core element of his character is being a cook. The cake allows him to play that up. We knew Big Mom wasn't going in a normal way when half the crew isn't present. Also, while the cake has been mentioned a lot, it hasn't taken up too much screen time. If Oda tried to show the cake actually baking and all the steps involved or something then it would be an issue.

When the cake is done, I'm hoping Sanji gets some time to shine in combat. I think he will cause it should be some type of navel battle, which Oda said he wants to write more of. I don't think Oda cares too much about battle feats for Sanji, he only really worries about them for Luffy and Zoro really, the rest get them out of necessity more so than it's their role.

The arc seems to be wrapping up with it being night time and everyone converging. So things will probably heat up as Oda's started tying up lose ends. Glad they changed editors from the one who oversaw Dressrosa and just let Oda do whatever he wanted.

Okay, hold up. This looks awesome.

At first I thought it was a gimmick and was completely turned off. But as the trailer went on, the more it seemed like a celebration of Batman in a very artistic way and I dig it. It looks dope.

That catwoman flip scene tho...

And across this list. Top 10 best selling manga of 2017

1-One Piece - Eiichiro Oda - 11,485,532 (Big shocker I know!)

2-Shingeki no Kyojin - Hajime Isayama - 6,622,781

3-Kingdom - Yasuhisa Hara - 6,184,214

4-Boku no Hero Academia/ My hero academia - Kohei Horikoshi - 5,852,310

5-Tokyo Ghoul:RE - Sui Ishida - 5,303,514

6-Haikyu! - Haruichi Furudate - 5,067,939

7-Nanatsu no Taizai / Seven Deadly Sins- Nakaba Suzuki - 3,592,571

8-One-Punch Man - One x Yusuke Murata - 3,223,151

9-Shokugeki no Soma - Yuto Tsukuda x Shun Saeki - 2,792,441

10-Magi - Shinobu Otaka - 2,713,074 (Ended this year)

Back
Top Bottom