The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

My Hero Academia

Did Shiragaki just cut off Overhaul's hands and burn him alive? :wow:
lol looks like it.

but please help me with this story. So deku was using 100% and eri was reversing the pain... so what about when he beat chisaki.... why did he fall in pain like that.

ima still be pissed if lemillion dies

I'm 2/3rd's into Gurren Lagaan.
:wow:
Suspension of disbelief. They hinted at it, but damn.|l

lol looks like it.

but please help me with this story. So deku was using 100% and eri was reversing the pain... so what about when he beat chisaki.... why did he fall in pain like that.

ima still be pissed if lemillion dies
My guess is that Eri's ability wore off. Think of it like someone hitting rewind on a video. Eventually you are gonna hit the play button and continue forward. In deku's case it would be hitting play and feeling all the pain he would have otherwise. :lol:
AYYYYEEE. Come back when you finish it. We gotta talk about the ending.
The anime ending or the movie ending? :nerd:

AYYYYEEE. Come back when you finish it. We gotta talk about the ending.
Finished Gurren Lagaan.
tenor.gif

4.5/5

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-21_12-45-23.png
    upload_2017-11-21_12-45-23.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 3
Gurren Lagaan def in my top.

Yoooooo I didn’t know they were bringing Gundam Wing on Blu-ray with the Ultra Collection!

I’m definitely paying full retail on it! Series is so good!

Off the heels of Gurren Lagaan, which has the more griping story:
your name, my hero academia, mushishi, or akira?

What's season 3 covering? I haven't been keeping up with the anime, just been reading the manga week to week.
Fall festival is the first 4 eps. Then the take over... I stopped reading after operation rescue nakiri. Ima catch up soon

What's season 3 covering? I haven't been keeping up with the anime, just been reading the manga week to week.
it looks like it's gonna cover the autumn festival, azami's hostile takeover, Central and the purge, and I think everything else leading up to the regiment de cuisine. So yeah, a lot. :lol:

Off the heels of Gurren Lagaan, which has the more griping story:
your name, my hero academia, mushishi, or akira?
it's hard to say because those three differ greatly from each other. If you want something in a similar vein then MHA is the way to go. Mushishi is a different genre but still a very interesting watch. And of course Akira is classic anime that everyone should at least check out once.

Just finished last episode of Hunter x Hunter

Couldn't recommend it enough to those who haven't watched it, and thanks to the NTers here who spoiler free told me to stick it out after the first few eps deceptively made it seem like it was geared toward a younger audience

Anyone have anything similar they recommend? I was interested in one piece but I've heard before it's all build up that winds up being anti-climactic

Just finished last episode of Hunter x Hunter

Couldn't recommend it enough to those who haven't watched it, and thanks to the NTers here who spoiler free told me to stick it out after the first few eps deceptively made it seem like it was geared toward a younger audience

Anyone have anything similar they recommend? I was interested in one piece but I've heard before it's all build up that winds up being anti-climactic

I love One Piece. so I'd recommend that. There's definitely payoff. The series is set up in a way that builds slow, so not everyone sticks with it. It's has a childish feel, but there's lots of depth to the series. It's technically a battle manga, but the battles aren't the main focus of the series, which may be why people say it's anti-climatic.

Anyway other series kind of similar to HxH?
Yu Yu Hakusho - same creator as HxH
FMA: Brotherhood would be good to check out if you haven't already
Magi - I feel off this series, so I can't give it a full endorsement
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
No Game No Life - This one is probably a stretch, but it's all about battles of wits and games, which may have been an element you liked of HxH

If you want something to read that's similar than I'd go with Tower of God.

My Hero Academia

Is this the first time we've had an on screen death of a hero? RIP Nighteye. I feel very bad for Mirio. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom