The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

One Piece

is Katakuri really dead? Damn. I hope that's not the case. He's such a good fit for a rival that it would be a shame to see him gone so soon. I wonder what Pudding's request was. Hopefully she doesn't do anything reckless. :lol:

This might be the worst arc in one piece. Lol they ruined dogtooths character so bad...and Oda basically confirmed we are coming back to this trash island and we have to see all these garbage pirates again :smh: please end this crap soon PLEASE

One Piece

is Katakuri really dead? Damn. I hope that's not the case. He's such a good fit for a rival that it would be a shame to see him gone so soon. I wonder what Pudding's request was. Hopefully she doesn't do anything reckless. :lol:

Hell no katakuri isn’t dead. He just a combination of being knocked out and exhausted :lol:

It looks like Pudding might give sanji a good kiss and erase his memory of her :frown:

This might be the worst arc in one piece. Lol they ruined dogtooths character so bad...and Oda basically confirmed we are coming back to this trash island and we have to see all these garbage pirates again :smh: please end this crap soon PLEASE
lol
bro what do you be talking about, that was one of the greatest one on ones i've ever seen in this book. It was great and def not mad at how it ended, i would almost say dogtooth got the physical victory.

What don't you like about the arc as a whole? A lot of people who are really long time fans of the series have actually really enjoyed this arc. And how was Katakuri ruined? Interested in hearing your thoughts on both.

I actually don't think we'll be back at Tot land. I can see Blackbeard, the marines, or someone striking as soon as they hear about Big Mom being vulnerable. Akainu moved the marines to the new world to take advantage of opportunities like this. I think Luffy fully intends to beat Big Mom, but people are going to start riding the wave he's creating and take advantage of the chaos.

What don't you like about the arc as a whole? A lot of people who are really long time fans of the series have actually really enjoyed this arc. And how was Katakuri ruined? Interested in hearing your thoughts on both.

I actually don't think we'll be back at Tot land. I can see Blackbeard, the marines, or someone striking as soon as they hear about Big Mom being vulnerable. Akainu moved the marines to the new world to take advantage of opportunities like this. I think Luffy fully intends to beat Big Mom, but people are going to start riding the wave he's creating and take advantage of the chaos.

I dont like how everything good has been off screened. nothing makes sense this arc. and most of all the comedy has been in bad taste. this arc was a problem as soon as the cake/tower got messed up. I knew it was not gonna be good. I expected to see some fights and basically everything gets off screened. big mom incoherent running yelling WEDDDDDINNGGGG CAKEE for 20 chapters, just all bad. the fight between luffy and cracker was terrible, stupid comedy once again..."tank man" he turns into a slop and launches cracker from his stomach...like come on oda...just be serious for once.

and then now that we have endured 20 chapters of incoherent 2 year old big mom (who is by far one of the WORST villains in OP), we FINALLY get a good fight by oda in katakuri vs luffy and he goes and lets luffy get beat up in 10+ chapters and luffy transforms and beats him in one chapter?? (really???) and you've hyped up this dope character katakuri only to have him lay down and ask if luffy is gonna beat big mom? LOL what??? the same dude who had to kill straw hat by any means necessary? smh

and NOT TO MENTION, sanji STILL has done NOTHING but bake a cake...remember this is "the year of sanji" there has been so many opportunities for a goos sanji fight..and now we are getting ready to wrap this arc up...luffy is out of commission they are going to make their escape...I just dont understand why oda had to write this arc this way...its very disappointing for it to be a yonkou arc.

Honestly I dont like the arc at all, but I will satisfied if the big mom pirates fall and we never have to go back to fight big mom...otherwise this arc is one of the worst for me.

Also, do you watch youtube reviews? A LOT people haven't been feeling this arc. check out king of lightning, and dustan reacts...itd definitely a divisive arc in the community. u either hate it or love it.

Sorry Chapters been out for 4 days, so I'm not going to spoiler tag.
This is talking about the one piece big mom arc and will have the most recent chapter in my rant to mr. waves. TURN YOUR EYES if you dont want to be spoiled.

I really can never agree with you,
What has been off Screen that you've wanted to see? As far as I remember the only thing that's really been off screen is Sanji's family fighting.
The cracker fight was good. I actually liked the humor as well. him having to eat all the crackers was funny to me.
Every chapter has had back story in it, What more do you want? that alone to me makes this so GOAT.
She is screaming wedding cake while showing her power input, while showcasing the strawhats while showing her insane family and a lot of cool powers.
What other Manga is giving you Action, history, and new character no matter minor or major.

SANJI IS A CHEF, his specialty is cooking and he's fought in this arc a few times. Its like you being mad about Chopper getting another arc about him and doing medical stuff but then mad he not fighting.
Sanji's fight is in the kitchen.

Did you not read the chapter, he asked if he was going to come back to beat big mom since he knew he had to get off the item. Katakuri is exhausted not beaten. Not the last we'll see of him.

Youtube is breeding ground of negative trolls.
other anime groups im in people love this arc, but that's tic for tac.

Reviews? Did we watch reviews?
giphy.gif

I dont like how everything good has been off screened. nothing makes sense this arc. and most of all the comedy has been in bad taste. this arc was a problem as soon as the cake/tower got messed up. I knew it was not gonna be good. I expected to see some fights and basically everything gets off screened. big mom incoherent running yelling WEDDDDDINNGGGG CAKEE for 20 chapters, just all bad. the fight between luffy and cracker was terrible, stupid comedy once again..."tank man" he turns into a slop and launches cracker from his stomach...like come on oda...just be serious for once.

and then now that we have endured 20 chapters of incoherent 2 year old big mom (who is by far one of the WORST villains in OP), we FINALLY get a good fight by oda in katakuri vs luffy and he goes and lets luffy get beat up in 10+ chapters and luffy transforms and beats him in one chapter?? (really???) and you've hyped up this dope character katakuri only to have him lay down and ask if luffy is gonna beat big mom? LOL what??? the same dude who had to kill straw hat by any means necessary? smh

and NOT TO MENTION, sanji STILL has done NOTHING but bake a cake...remember this is "the year of sanji" there has been so many opportunities for a goos sanji fight..and now we are getting ready to wrap this arc up...luffy is out of commission they are going to make their escape...I just dont understand why oda had to write this arc this way...its very disappointing for it to be a yonkou arc.

Honestly I dont like the arc at all, but I will satisfied if the big mom pirates fall and we never have to go back to fight big mom...otherwise this arc is one of the worst for me.

Also, do you watch youtube reviews? A LOT people haven't been feeling this arc. check out king of lightning, and dustan reacts...itd definitely a divisive arc in the community. u either hate it or love it.

I watch very few YouTube reviews for the anymore, mainly because a lot of the analysis on there is bad, because dudes reach the chapter as fast as possible so they care record ASAP. I usually listen to the One Piece Podcast though since they have a good mix of people on with different people who understand the series well. They usually have a couple artist on to analyze the art, the official translator to provide context, and a few others. Sometimes I'll watch Sawyer or Roger's base.

Anyway, what doesn't make sense?

I don't always love One Piece comedy, but I'm not sure of comedy element in this arc that's been off putting, some may have fallen flat, but I thought the extreme of pudding was pretty well done, Luffy having to constantly eat against cracker was take it or leave it, no other long running comedy moments are top of mind.

The tower came down in the middle of the arc, so is your issue with the 2nd half of the arc? What fights were you expecting, unless they were going to happen at the wedding and even then with the overwhelming number disadvantage it never really made sense to just stop and have some 1 on 1s. The time would have been versus Oven right after the cake was made honestly.

Luffy vs. Cracker, tank man is a G4 form Luffy will use. We saw aspects of it when fought Doflamingo and Doffy tried to kick him but it bounced off due to him being rubbery and soft at the same time, just like we saw a preview of Snakeman during the Doflamingo fight. This was just the "full version" due to Luffy being stuffed. It's how Luffy chose to fight with his limited mobility and his trouble dealing with the sword. We saw Luffy try boundman to no avail. I didn't think it was a great fight, but I didn't hate it. Fair enough if that fight didn't do it for you. Then we got the Katakuri fight.

I agree, I wish we saw more out of Sanji. I would have liked to see him body Judge or at least one of his brothers. I feel like the Germa storyline overall has been a miss for Oda. It's been shallow and poor. The cake wasn't an unimportant aspect of the arc. I think it was clear Sanji would be involved in the recreation of the cake, I saw that as a prediction since the start of the arc. I'm hoping for a strong ending to the arc.

Big Mom as a villain. I don't think she's ever been portrayed as bright. But she's consistently been intimidating and a force. I don't get why they can't see what will happen if Big Mom just starves to death if she doesn't get the cake. I think the greater Big Mom family and their incompetence is more of a disappointment than Big Mom, but at the same time, much of that is fueled by Big Mom's treatment of her kids.

Luffy vs Katakuri, I've seen this fight compared to Ali vs. Foreman, with Luffy being Ali using the rope-a-dope. Idk if I believe that, but Katakuri hadn't been hit in years and hadn't faced an opponent who was able to dodge his attacks like Luffy. They were both drained, with Luffy getting out of the hole. Then Katakuri stood, but couldn't raise his arms and fell back down. Luffy had a run on Katakuri with Boundman, then went with Snakeman, which seems to be based on Leopard Kung Fu, which is a hit a run style to deal with physically stronger opponents. Besides just the punches, it seems to be about changes both characters would go through, Katakuri gaining a real respect for Luffy and maybe dealing with his need to appear perfect and Luffy growing as a fighter.

I think it's the strongest arc of the new world, but with issues like Germa, some of Sanji's handling, not a huge fan of the Big Mom's family gross incompetence, but it's really the only way the strawhats survive, the handling of Smoothie, and probably some more minor things not top of mind

Leb you are one of the greatest contributors for me. Thank brother.

Also what's this one piece podcast, is it on spotify or google play?

I also don't watch the anime, but I def will watch the youtube of this fight. this giving me Rob lucci feels, I can't wait til they make toy statues of Katakuri, i'll prob cop a smoothie and Cracker one also.

Leb you are one of the greatest contributors for me. Thank brother.

Also what's this one piece podcast, is it on spotify or google play?

I also don't watch the anime, but I def will watch the youtube of this fight. this giving me Rob lucci feels, I can't wait til they make toy statues of Katakuri, i'll prob cop a smoothie and Cracker one also.
Thanks, man. The One Piece Podcast http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/category/podcast-episode/
I usually listen on SoundCloud, but looks like it's on google play and ITunes as well. They do news, a manga recap with the official translator of the series and a few other guests, then a manga recap which I usually skip cause I haven't been watching lately, but the guy who usually writes the episode reviews for ANN hosts that part, then they do a Q&A segment. If there's no chapter they do other content like going through the SBS questions, interviews, etc.

Attack on Titan 103

damn, okay. A lot of stuff happened this chapter. :lol:
Levi got his revenge, which was cool. :pimp:
Marley's Armada got nuked too. Sasha the markswoman strikes again. I have to go re-read this chapter again because I know there's more to it than meets the eye.

I watch very few YouTube reviews for the anymore, mainly because a lot of the analysis on there is bad, because dudes reach the chapter as fast as possible so they care record ASAP. I usually listen to the One Piece Podcast though since they have a good mix of people on with different people who understand the series well. They usually have a couple artist on to analyze the art, the official translator to provide context, and a few others. Sometimes I'll watch Sawyer or Roger's base.

Anyway, what doesn't make sense?

I don't always love One Piece comedy, but I'm not sure of comedy element in this arc that's been off putting, some may have fallen flat, but I thought the extreme of pudding was pretty well done, Luffy having to constantly eat against cracker was take it or leave it, no other long running comedy moments are top of mind.

The tower came down in the middle of the arc, so is your issue with the 2nd half of the arc? What fights were you expecting, unless they were going to happen at the wedding and even then with the overwhelming number disadvantage it never really made sense to just stop and have some 1 on 1s. The time would have been versus Oven right after the cake was made honestly.

Luffy vs. Cracker, tank man is a G4 form Luffy will use. We saw aspects of it when fought Doflamingo and Doffy tried to kick him but it bounced off due to him being rubbery and soft at the same time, just like we saw a preview of Snakeman during the Doflamingo fight. This was just the "full version" due to Luffy being stuffed. It's how Luffy chose to fight with his limited mobility and his trouble dealing with the sword. We saw Luffy try boundman to no avail. I didn't think it was a great fight, but I didn't hate it. Fair enough if that fight didn't do it for you. Then we got the Katakuri fight.

I agree, I wish we saw more out of Sanji. I would have liked to see him body Judge or at least one of his brothers. I feel like the Germa storyline overall has been a miss for Oda. It's been shallow and poor. The cake wasn't an unimportant aspect of the arc. I think it was clear Sanji would be involved in the recreation of the cake, I saw that as a prediction since the start of the arc. I'm hoping for a strong ending to the arc.

Big Mom as a villain. I don't think she's ever been portrayed as bright. But she's consistently been intimidating and a force. I don't get why they can't see what will happen if Big Mom just starves to death if she doesn't get the cake. I think the greater Big Mom family and their incompetence is more of a disappointment than Big Mom, but at the same time, much of that is fueled by Big Mom's treatment of her kids.

Luffy vs Katakuri, I've seen this fight compared to Ali vs. Foreman, with Luffy being Ali using the rope-a-dope. Idk if I believe that, but Katakuri hadn't been hit in years and hadn't faced an opponent who was able to dodge his attacks like Luffy. They were both drained, with Luffy getting out of the hole. Then Katakuri stood, but couldn't raise his arms and fell back down. Luffy had a run on Katakuri with Boundman, then went with Snakeman, which seems to be based on Leopard Kung Fu, which is a hit a run style to deal with physically stronger opponents. Besides just the punches, it seems to be about changes both characters would go through, Katakuri gaining a real respect for Luffy and maybe dealing with his need to appear perfect and Luffy growing as a fighter.

I think it's the strongest arc of the new world, but with issues like Germa, some of Sanji's handling, not a huge fan of the Big Mom's family gross incompetence, but it's really the only way the strawhats survive, the handling of Smoothie, and probably some more minor things not top of mind

It’s been TWO YEARS since a good fight...2 YEARS

I’m late but,

I’m sorry but cracker vs luffy did not do it for me at all. Luffy vs katakuri was very meh. Ending was very trash. Oda didn’t even make it clear what happened at the end. Luffy been getting his *** beat 17 chapters and he beats katakuri in like 6 hits. Makes no sense.

Now we have the trash germa showing up to do what? They were fodderized at the wedding now they are supposed to be saviors? You’re right about one thing there probably won’t be any 1 on 1s. Because if it didn’t happen at the wedding it’s not gonna happen now.

King of lightning gives a better review than rogersbase for sure. Sawyer is cool too.

Also like you said the second half of the arc is where I have the problem, I haven’t been impressed at all. There was a couple things here and there but overall it’s been a miss for me.

All the things that are supposed to be “hype” haven’t felt hype at all. This recent chapter was just so uncreative like really dude they just run outta the mirror? Pekoms is garbage can’t even last 10 seconds before he gets fodderized. What happened to sanjis “plan” :lol: was it just to run away? Idk bro. If this arc isn’t over by 900 I’m dropping one piece for a while.

This arc is definitely bottom 5 in all of one piece for me. So much potential but falls flat. And is just flat out boring for a lot of it.

Back
Top Bottom