The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I thought this was too awesome to not share. The original test video for Akira with the actual hand drawn animation cells. It's amazing what they did back then.

Check out @masuya_girl’s Tweet:

Just finished watching the 2nd Netflix Godzilla animated movie and I want the next one asap. :lol:

Anyone watch the latest ep of boruto? That scene hit me with the feels. Made me wanna watch Shippuden again :lol:

Btw, where can I watch bleach? I remember I finished the first arc but that was a long time ago so where should I start from episode number?

New One Piece is out.

It's the mother****in Nidai Kitetsu. I never thought I'd see the day. :wow:
What's it been, like almost 20 years since Sandai Kitetsu was introduced? That's nuts. :lol:
Luffy's got to learn to not be so blunt about sensitive subject matters. He straight up KO'd O-tama by telling her that Ace was dead. :lol:
Also, that's probably the quickest reunion I've ever seen chapter wise, but now that they're together work is about to be dished out. :pimp:

Was it ever explicitly stated that X Drake was with Kaido before this chapter? Had to revisit his previous appearances and can see that they hint at it.

I already anticipate them breaking Eustass Kid out to defeat Kaido. Maybe the Killer guy will show up as well.

Theory/ rumor is killer is a traitor to Kidd and joined kaido also.

I think weve known drake was with kaido since the smile factory arc on the ice and fire island

Was it ever explicitly stated that X Drake was with Kaido before this chapter? Had to revisit his previous appearances and can see that they hint at it.

I already anticipate them breaking Eustass Kid out to defeat Kaido. Maybe the Killer guy will show up as well.

When the supernovas first entered the new world X Drake when to one of Kaido's favorite islands and attacked it to get his attention. The next time we saw him was on the Caribou cover arc. He stops Caribou after Caribou is attacking one of Kaido's weapon factories then he brings him back to Kaido. After that is after Luffy defeats Doflamingo, he's with Kaido's men when they're on Wano looking for Kaido, but Kaido is on Balloon Terminal trying to commit suicide. He mentions that Doflamingo killed his father (X Drake was the little kid Dorry in Law's flashback where Corazon dies).

Yeah I hope Killer didn't abandon Kidd like Hawkins and Apoo.

Can't wait to see next chapter thats a double chapter.

Explain the Kitetsu
There are 3 Kitetsus, all are high quality swords, but each one better quality than the next. They're cursed swords, the idea being whoever tries to use one died. But Zoro got the lowest quality one Kitetsu the 3rd back in Loguetown. The time he throws it in the air to see if his luck or the curse is stronger. It's the last time they were mentioned, oh except in Water 7 where Zoro tells Chopper to hand him his sword when he's stuck in the chimney and chopper asks how he knows he has it and Zoro says he can feel the curse from it. So there's been theories that Zoro would get all 3 Kitetsus or would upgrade his Kitetsu to one of the better ones.

There are 3 Kitetsus, all are high quality swords, but each one better quality than the next. They're cursed swords, the idea being whoever tries to use one died. But Zoro got the lowest quality one Kitetsu the 3rd back in Loguetown. The time he throws it in the air to see if his luck or the curse is stronger. It's the last time they were mentioned, oh except in Water 7 where Zoro tells Chopper to hand him his sword when he's stuck in the chimney and chopper asks how he knows he has it and Zoro says he can feel the curse from it. So there's been theories that Zoro would get all 3 Kitetsus or would upgrade his Kitetsu to one of the better ones.
The theory that I saw thrown around is that he might trade his Shusui for Nidai Kitetsu so that his blades would be in numerical order and to appease the people of Wano. For those who don't follow, the blades he will own are Wado Ichi(1)monji, Ni(2)dai Kitetsu, and San(3)dai Kitetsu.

The theory that I saw thrown around is that he might trade his Shusui for Nidai Kitetsu so that his blades would be in numerical order and to appease the people of Wano. For those who don't follow, the blades he will own are Wado Ichi(1)monji, Ni(2)dai Kitetsu, and San(3)dai Kitetsu.
Oh that's interesting. I hadn't heard that theory. Idk if Zoro would want to give up Shusui though since Ryuma felt he was worthy of it.

Most likely Zoro will uograde his current Kitetsu. Can't see him willingly part with Wado Ichimonji (Kuina's old sword) or Shuusui

One Piece

I'm not surprised Luffy bluntly told Hitetsu and Tama Ace is dead, but I am surprised there was no mention of their relationship. I guess it's growth toward resolute acceptance, maybe? I expect another Straw hat will tell Tama if she keeps brining up how Luffy doesn't know Ace.

I've seen people complaining about the trivia boxes recently, but the one for the swords was a good reminder. Plus the story is massive, so nothing wrong with a little recap to jog the memory. I also wonder who Hitetsu is waiting for. Maybe Kine'mon? I think Zoro gets Nidai Kitetsu, but I hope it's not in exchange for Shusui since he really likes that sword, but who knows.

I'm glad Zoro and Luffy reunited and hopefully can get into some misadventures together for a bit before meeting up with everyone else. Luffy have him the same hug he gave Sabo when they met again. Luffy eating the meat after telling Zoro it's poisonous is classic.

I feel like Hawkins shouldn't be that loyal to Kaido, since he should have just joined recently. I wonder if he wanted to meet Luffy to discuss a potential alliance or if he really wants to capture him. I wonder if Luffy carrying the cursed sword would throw off Hawkins fortune telling, making him think Luffy is more likely to fail than he really is. I think a Luffy, Law, Hawkins, and Kidd alliance would be interesting. Hawkins also comes across as very brutal. He took Brownbeard's legs, doesn't like jokes, and uses others as voodoo doll shields, add him Law and Kidd and it'd be an interesting dynamic.

Oda's keeping the pace fast so far. Hope he keeps it up though this break sucks with it coming back on the double issue then going on break again the next week for Obon.

Back
Top Bottom