The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

OP out

This Wano flashback is gonna be gooood. Oden is that dude already :lol:

Kind of want a spin off about him only
After this chapter, I do too. :lol: :pimp:
Dude was chasing tail by age six and had a harem by age 18. :lol:
He used the funeral pyre of someone he knew to cook up a meal, just so he can have one last meal with him. He had ladies swooning over him just by walking down the street. This man is more hard boiled than Senor Pink. :lol:
Also, I didn't realize that Kin'emon had such a colorful past. :lol:
And Denjiro looks familiar.
I'm guessing that the event that is about to transpire is gonna lead to him becoming a national hero. It's gonna be quite interesting, and entertaining to see these next few chapters.
Oh, and Oden's dad looks kinda like Orochi. Maybe they're related?

Oden is WILD. Has there been anyone as legendary as him from such a young age in the story yet? Why tf is Momo such a lil punk?

Also, yall REALLY need to start reading Chainsawman. Flames boys.

After this chapter, I do too. :lol: :pimp:
Dude was chasing tail by age six and had a harem by age 18. :lol:
He used the funeral pyre of someone he knew to cook up a meal, just so he can have one last meal with him. He had ladies swooning over him just by walking down the street. This man is more hard boiled than Senor Pink. :lol:
Also, I didn't realize that Kin'emon had such a colorful past. :lol:
And Denjiro looks familiar.
I'm guessing that the event that is about to transpire is gonna lead to him becoming a national hero. It's gonna be quite interesting, and entertaining to see these next few chapters.
Oh, and Oden's dad looks kinda like Orochi. Maybe they're related?

dawg denjiro looks like Zoros master

i was bout to say i haven't seen vinland mentioned in here in weeks. :lol:

Didn't realize exposition and plot building was trash, but okay.
As for SnS, it was cool. its starting to get to the parts of the RdC where it really gets intense.

just read the new haikyu chapter. Is the series ending soon? Was there an announcement or is this just a new direction?

I'm assuming the Vinland Saga anime is nowhere close to the manga.

There's way too many manga I need to keep up on and catch up now, VS being one of them. I was so pissed when Thorfinn didnt get his revenge and he was aimless and then they massaged that hate out his heart and made him a ****ing farmer.

To me that was like what if Guts from Berserk missed out on revenge somehow and went off to be a gardener.

Last thing I recall with Thorfinn he was still very lost and Zen working for another king.

Last edited:
When Home Depot runs out of mulch
1572229627841.png

Didn't realize exposition and plot building was trash, but okay.
As for SnS, it was cool. its starting to get to the parts of the RdC where it really gets intense.
U say this because u know what's going to happen. .
If u hadn't read the manga. And were going ep by ep. You'd be bored out of your mind right now.
I know this is the season MHA really hits that story switch. But geez give us at least some more laughs. A little something here and there..

Yall make me feel crazy for my MHA hate.
Just about every other group I'm in feels mha is super meh

U say this because u know what's going to happen. .
If u hadn't read the manga. And were going ep by ep. You'd be bored out of your mind right now.
I know this is the season MHA really hits that story switch. But geez give us at least some more laughs. A little something here and there..

Yall make me feel crazy for my MHA hate.
Just about every other group I'm in feels mha is super meh
Even if I hadn't read the manga, I would still be enjoying the series just the same. I love a good exposition and what it can lead to. That's why I like series like Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop so much and hold them in high regard. They led me down this path. I didn't know anything about those series when I watched them 18 or so years ago, but their stories pulled me in right away. It was so different from all the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh I was watching at the time (all action/plot armor). :lol:

"What makes us human?" "Can we still be called human if we undergo full cyberization?" "What are the consequences of advanced technology?"
"Who are you?" "What's your story?" "What are you running from and where are you running to?"
I loved that ****, and still do to this day. It's even better when it's complimented with a great action set piece or a comedic break point that alleviates some of the tension (anyone interested can check out RE:Creators for a recent series that does expo/action/comedy very well). Now a days, if an anime series ticks those boxes for me, I go look for supplementary/source material so I could enjoy it more and know what to expect. That doesn't mean that the animation team can't put in surprises for viewers ( David Productions are the undisputed champions for this with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure).

Sorry if this is feels like it's long winded and/or unnecessary, But I just felt like I needed to type it out. :lol:

To get back to the discussion, there were some funny moments in this week's episode of MHA. I thought Deku and Nighteye's back and forth about who was the bigger All Might fan was fun. The students talking in the dorms, and the Todoroki / Bakugou banter was funny. And of course Mineta being Mineta is always good for some :lol: . So there was a little "something here and there". >D

Even if I hadn't read the manga, I would still be enjoying the series just the same. I love a good exposition and what it can lead to. That's why I like series like Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop so much and hold them in high regard. They led me down this path. I didn't know anything about those series when I watched them 18 or so years ago, but their stories pulled me in right away. It was so different from all the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh I was watching at the time (all action/plot armor). :lol:

"What makes us human?" "Can we still be called human if we undergo full cyberization?" "What are the consequences of advanced technology?"
"Who are you?" "What's your story?" "What are you running from and where are you running to?"
I loved that ****, and still do to this day. It's even better when it's complimented with a great action set piece or a comedic break point that alleviates some of the tension (anyone interested can check out RE:Creators for a recent series that does expo/action/comedy very well). Now a days, if an anime series ticks those boxes for me, I go look for supplementary/source material so I could enjoy it more and know what to expect. That doesn't mean that the animation team can't put in surprises for viewers ( David Productions are the undisputed champions for this with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure).

Sorry if this is feels like it's long winded and/or unnecessary, But I just felt like I needed to type it out. :lol:

To get back to the discussion, there were some funny moments in this week's episode of MHA. I thought Deku and Nighteye's back and forth about who was the bigger All Might fan was fun. The students talking in the dorms, and the Todoroki / Bakugou banter was funny. And of course Mineta being Mineta is always good for some :lol: . So there was a little "something here and there". >D
I mis worded myself. And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm coming at you. I'm not. Maybe I'm projecting
From my perspective. Ep to ep watching with no knowledge. I look at MHA as a good moments anime that's about it. Atleast with HxH. Which I'm not the hugest fan of. I saw the vision. I saw they were going to take it somewhere and they certainly did. MHA which I'm not going to fully hate on cuz it is good. Could just be better

I mis worded myself. And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm coming at you. I'm not. Maybe I'm projecting
From my perspective. Ep to ep watching with no knowledge. I look at MHA as a good moments anime that's about it. Atleast with HxH. Which I'm not the hugest fan of. I saw the vision. I saw they were going to take it somewhere and they certainly did. MHA which I'm not going to fully hate on cuz it is good. Could just be better
Yo this actually spoke to me a bit. I think there are a number of reasons that make MHA's moments really special and also make it an overall great story, but I think the difference between an MHA (top-tier story) vs. OP & GoT books (god-tier story) is the fact that OP & GoT lay the chess pieces on the board more clearly and have a more built out world. All this to say that I definitely think there are areas where MHA can be improved but it's still far and away one of the best manga / anime out right now. While your groups may agree with you, most of Shounen Jump readership agrees with me (see Jump rankings by series).

That said, I'm not trying to get into an argument with you on MHA because it'll last forever and no amount of good reasoning will sway you. Good day, sir.

Yo this actually spoke to me a bit. I think there are a number of reasons that make MHA's moments really special and also make it an overall great story, but I think the difference between an MHA (top-tier story) vs. OP & GoT books (god-tier story) is the fact that OP & GoT lay the chess pieces on the board more clearly and have a more built out world. All this to say that I definitely think there are areas where MHA can be improved but it's still far and away one of the best manga / anime out right now. While your groups may agree with you, most of Shounen Jump readership agrees with me (see Jump rankings by series).

That said, I'm not trying to get into an argument with you on MHA because it'll last forever and no amount of good reasoning will sway you. Good day, sir.
You know I got love for you
You wilding for saying it's the best out.
But I love you

Back
Top Bottom